Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dragoonkiller
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    here here, lets break scholar even more, its alreay more useful then any other mage, fuck lets just give them AOE AM too, why not i mean they got everythign else!
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ffxititanplayer View Post
    here here, lets break scholar even more, its alreay more useful then any other mage, fuck lets just give them AOE AM too, why not i mean they got everythign else!
    Haters gonna hate.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Dragoonkiller
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    lol not hating just pissed they they get so much crap when the rest of us get just meh stuff, but i expect to be flamed! FLAME AWAY!!!
    (0)

So, this is the Tabula Rasa only spell?

Looks freaking sweet, love it. And it's not Ultima:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Meltdown

^^ good times.
    (0)

I ignored most of the posts because I'm sure its the typical bullshit that makes no sense but:

It's a damn nice looking spell and should be pretty powerful given it's not the typical give and take "Oh it's powerful..with a powerful DoT!.....but it lasts only .4 seconds :3".

All is well if thats not the case.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Quote Originally Posted by ffxititanplayer View Post
    lol not hating just pissed they they get so much crap when the rest of us get just meh stuff, but i expect to be flamed! FLAME AWAY!!!
    man.....they get SO MUCH "CRAP" (let me emphasize CRAP) yet they are the 18th on the most wanted list, guess what, there's 20 jobs. So yeah, we get cool things like regain, which is mildly not even worth casting, libra which requires you to risk getting your head blown off in the process of finding out useless information because you are never in the tank party, you're in the mage party, which well isnt going to tell you much when its only telling you the enmity values of YOUR party. and hell lets stomp all over the fact that in the time it takes a sch to get a cure IV off, a whm will have got off a Cure IV, Cure V, Cure VI, and go to watch the lord of the rings, that's a problem, is it even worth pulling up light arts aside from tossing out the accensioned buffs and the occasional "oh crap, someone has X number of enfeebles" *switches to light arts and by the time you figure out whats going on the whm has stolen everyone's enfeebles and already esuna'd herself*. and gee we are supposed to be focusing on regen, yet we got regen III with a slight boost from af3 that doesn't do much at all for things that will hit you for 200+ a hit, get back to me when you give us a regen that cures at least 50 hp a tic seriously. Oh lets not even go into modus veritas, you give us the opportunity to merit something that you nerfed sooooooo bad that it misses on your run of the mill monsters, never mind trying to get them to stick in voidwatch when it's a sch proc, god forbid it's the proc you need.

do i need to go further? or have i got acrossed that yeah we are getting stuff, but SE is so afraid to do it right that they mess up in the process, including metron, having to see elemental seal in the video for both demonstrations pretty much means there's going to be a problem landing the spell well.

sorry [/rage]
    (4)
    Last edited by Sira; 08-18-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    So, this spell seemed to do a lot of damage to that poor akrab (atleast 80%?), my question is: this spell is available at level5, does it scale with level? Percentage based initial damage? Some other mechanic?
    (0)

Character
    Farchord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Opinion

I personnally think Merton is nice, but I'm more interested into the potency of Brave.

And there is some things you guys aren't taking into account about the video provided of Merton:

1- Does she have Atmas on?

2- Does she have an Ascetic's Tonic on?

3- How potent is this spell under a brew?

4- Also note: Two hour abilities might be two hour, but you guys seem to forget how you can reset abilities often in abyssea (2 hour chests/revitalizers anyone?)

Idk, I guess it'll be fun to experiment this.
    (0)

Player
    Your post would have some kind of meaning if the general consensus here wasn't "Dark Arts is fine, Light Arts sucks". There aren't enough Scholars asking for a serious nuking buff around here to screw in a light bulb. I'd feel like actually countering the tripe you might call a point with that post, but A) I already have numerous times and B) you're either a troll or an idiot, both ignorable from this point on.
    (4)

Character
    Megusta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    It looked to me to be about as powerful as a good t5 nuke, with a hefty DoT (non-helix-like DoT). Only awesome part I see is that it is AoE'able. That alone makes it awesome.
    Well since i posted that on the other thread might post here as well, looks like merton inflicts bind as well, take a real good look at the scorpion on the video and you will see what im talking about, 2 ticks would be time enough for that scorpion to get to that sch and swing for at least one time. yet it stays in place he just turns around to the character direction like a bound mob would.
    (1)

Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast