Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Request: Addendum Spell List modification

A lot of the spells on the Addendum list are getting higher levels now that didn't exist before. If the premise of Addendums is to attain a higher benchmark in an art, then with the benchmark raising, some of the addendum lists need to be scaled proportionately.

Consider: We now Have Raise/Reraise III. Having Reraise, Raise II, and Reraise II still restricted doesn't serve a real purpose as they are mostly non combat spells.

Similarly, RDM now has access to Tier IV nukes. As SCH do not have built in Magic Attack bonus, restricting the Tier IV line to Addendum only has little purpose.

Current Addendum White Spells in total: 13
    Current Addendum Black Spells in total: 16

Releasing the Addendums on these will also make it a 10/10 split and my OCD demands symmetry!!!!!!!
    (4)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You're failing to look at the job level structure and only concidering it as/looking at it as a high level job.
    (0)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Absolutely, this is why helices are low level now. We gotta balance them lowbies.
    (0)

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I see what you mean, but that is how Adendum is designed: to get that extra level. I won't argue SE squinched in the last of lvl IV nukes right in with BLM at 75. Now, though we are on track for Thunder V at lvl 99. RDM have Tier IV nukes 100% of the time and they have built in MAB which we have to sub for. If level balance is your only issue, then make the descriptor of the spell so that SCH needs Addendum until it learns the Tier V version. It doesn't, however, make sense to have to go from Tier III to Tier V requiring the Addendum stratagem to cast.

It's obvious SE is trying to readjust a game which has been lvl 75 centric for most of its life span. They are adjusting things little by little, step by step. I just want this to be laid out as something I see. It doesn't have to be changed until the framework is in place, but this is one of those odd instances where power creep hasn't been readjusted post 75.

Tangent: Level balance? I haven't been in a traditional leveling party since... Welcome to Abyssea, where 30 is the new 95! (I WILL get flamed for this... Make Aby lvl 75 requirement, then level balance will matter between levels 30-75+.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Einalem; 11-30-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    RE tanget: it still doesn't matter because A, we have infinitely auto repeating xp boosting gov books; and B, the game moves forward not backwards.
    (0)