Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    Is this from a JP post, the tester server or where? I'd assume the same resource that would list Aspir II would also list Thunder V? No other spells mentioned?

lol@ Aspir II. Somehow SE still thinks SCH needs more MP and nothing interesting to use it on. It's about as exciting as Raise III. If Regen V and "something" with animus is all SCH has to look forward to in a stretch of levels that includes Meteor and Arise, let's just say the "Great Insult of SCH 75-99 Saga" would be complete.
    It was in the Test Server .dat's. Thunder V is lvl. 99 for SCH (http://www.juliandev.com/nov11test)

I don't think these are all the spells coming for the jobs. They've only really uploaded the ones they've already mentioned.

If it is: Wow, they're really kicking SCH and RDM again with what's to come at 99.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's a datamine from the test server file upgrades. Haven't seen T5 for SCH there, either 1) we're not getting it, 2) update is not complete.
    If I recall back at 75 we didn't have T4 under dark arts/addendum:black, did we?
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    It's a datamine from the test server file upgrades. Haven't seen T5 for SCH there, either 1) we're not getting it, 2) update is not complete.
    If I recall back at 75 we didn't have T4 under dark arts/addendum:black, did we?
    http://www.juliandev.com/nov11test/allMagic.txt

If you look here it's already in there, just wasn't posted in the other .txt file
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Yeah SCH had access to Thunder IV at 75. I remember thinking it funny that SE was cramming all of them in for SCH to 75 to the point that we ended up learning Thunder IV at the same level BLM did.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I don't think these are all the spells coming for the jobs. They've only really uploaded the ones they've already mentioned.

If it is: Wow, they're really kicking SCH and RDM again with what's to come at 99.
    No doubt they are if it's true. Did I count THIRTEEN BLU spell place holders? The RDM in me is dying with laughter (or something like that) at Gravity II being SE's response to all the suggestions for enfeebling on the RDM board. It's like SCH's asking for more Light Arts prowess and getting Reraise III.

I see Regen V is still listed at 6 seconds casting time. It might as well be 60.

One thing is keeping me positive though. Back when Curaga V, Temper, Embrava and Comet showed up in one of these test server .dat mines I don't think Kaustra was in there. Here's hoping there are some surprises. I really hope I didn't hold out for 2 years for Regen V. Talk about anti-climactic
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Happy Turkey Day everyone

I noticed some SCH notes from the team on the JP forum and thought I'd post a brief summary. I hope Camate is somewhere enjoying a nice meal and not translating for us

Currently they are examining greatly reducing the casting time of Regen spells. This change will not be SCH only. Other items to be confirmed on the test server include changing Regen III to lv 59, SCH exclusive Regen V and the Light Arts bonuses to Regen V.

After that, they will look at the MND and Healing Skill changes to Cure spells to increase the current amount cured and also allow SCH's to cast Regen on members outside of the party.

I'm not at all angry that the team is spending time on these spells. They changes are great. I just wish they would also pay attention to the other SCH specific spells and start thinking of some unique or new enhancing magic/bonus effects to go along with them.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    Happy Turkey Day everyone

I noticed some SCH notes from the team on the JP forum and thought I'd post a brief summary. I hope Camate is somewhere enjoying a nice meal and not translating for us

Currently they are examining greatly reducing the casting time of Regen spells. This change will not be SCH only. Other items to be confirmed on the test server include changing Regen III to lv 59, SCH exclusive Regen V and the Light Arts bonuses to Regen V.

After that, they will look at the MND and Healing Skill changes to Cure spells to increase the current amount cured and also allow SCH's to cast Regen on members outside of the party.

I'm not at all angry that the team is spending time on these spells. They changes are great. I just wish they would also pay attention to the other SCH specific spells and start thinking of some unique or new enhancing magic/bonus effects to go along with them.
    I agree with your assesments. I have been thinking of one new thing they can add that may aid the Scholar in the Healing Department. A White Mage when casting cure, under influence of Afflatus Solace, gives the target the status of Stoneskin. Under the same token, a Scholar whom cast cure, within the boundaries of Light Arts, to the presepctive target he or she receives the effect of Phalanx I. What are Your thoughts?
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacont View Post
    I agree with your assesments. I have been thinking of one new thing they can add that may aid the Scholar in the Healing Department. A White Mage when casting cure, under influence of Afflatus Solace, gives the target the status of Stoneskin. Under the same token, a Scholar whom cast cure, within the boundaries of Light Arts, to the presepctive target he or she receives the effect of Phalanx I. What are Your thoughts?
    I agree that we certainly need something additional to make us attractive to a party. We would make a fantastic back-up healer, if that role were ever really needed on a regular basis.

I could also see a bonus given to Regen spells based on the weather the target is receiving or some additional bonus from Light Arts like Phalanx. I've also suggested a new Klimaform type spell that grants a bonus based on the weather. Tacking these bonuses onto either Regen would make our healing and enhancing more attractive at the same time.

That coupled with some changes to our existing SCH only spells and I would be content. Sadly, I'm starting to lose hope though :/
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Was about to post those notes from the JP forums a few days ago but then forgot.
    They already reduced the cast time of Regen spells for all classes.
    Regen V is 2.5 seconds, Regen 1 is like 1 second cast time?

Also, Regen V in light arts lasts around 132 seconds (330 with AF3+2 Perpetuance) and heals for roughly 69 hp/tic. Forgot to check if they updated AF3+2 head to work with Regen V as well. Supposedly should add 5?
    Regen V during Tabula Rasa heals for roughly 80hp/tic.
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Yay for the casting time adjustment. A dispel resistance, at least under perpetuance, is all I'd need to deem the regen changes useful now. They can make whatever adjustments they want to enhancing and enfeebling potency but if they can never remain on the target or hit in the first place, adjustments will never bring us out of "big damage, big cures" boring end game battles. I'm still waiting for the mobs with the zombie auras. Sadly what I see from the test server is more new NMs with Endispel, lol.
    (2)

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62