Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Diemond
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    your totally right about the not being able to hold hate enough to tank, that totally skipped my mind. shows how long its been since I used nin besides solo stuff.

I was indeed talking about mobs who get aga happy, my nin had a decent MDT set but that gimped evasion so shadows took a beating right at the time for an aga spell lol. Its tough to think of ways to help with magic dmg. but i guess i was focusing more on my solo stuff for magic def. maybe a way for nin to absorb remaining shadows to heal would be a better idea.

my 2hr idea involved the shadow system working the same way. Just add the extra damage as if the nin was attacking an extra 12 times per round. This would even help by giving nin a spike dmg/hate ability to tank.
    (0)

Character
    Langly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'd still like to see a job Trait that allows for higher potency/damage/acc on the next action performed out of Invisible status. Spell, melee, ranged, or what have you. Even if it's only good for once and rarely twice a battle, it would be a fun addition.
    (0)
    Faule -- Quetz
    Langly -- Ninja land (it's a place don't look at me like that)

Character
    Komachii
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    think the planned update to nin is trash, well ability could be good, but not holding my breath. StoreTP ninjutsu seems to be a joke, casting ichi every 3min so i get 5tp/hit? Give this us as trait, if you really worrying about tp gain, it wouldnt break the game in any way, wouldnt help even a little bit.
    I dont really see what they up to with nin, "both offense and defense", so basically nothing will change, wouldnt mind removing positioning at least from innin because critrate is what helped nin a lot, or give lower critrate bonus when not behind.
    So, i really feel, we have still no idea what we want with you guys, so we give you some shit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Komachii; 08-03-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I disagree with the haters in here.

Not sure what to make of the "turn away enemy attacks" as that could mean anything. We already have a lot of those abilities due to shadows, migawari & high parry. Eh, I am open to it..

STP ninjutsu however will be great for those of us with Kannagi. Providing it has a decent duration and will last half the fight, with a decent amount of potency. I consider myself as a ninja having quite good DPS, however when having to stop and recast shadows, and the odd proc spell, enfeeb spell etc - TP gain takes a hit and aftermath sometimes wears before I can get it back up. (Keyword "sometimes" to the trolls & elitists).

In comparison to other jobs I think NIN has it pretty good for the time being. They are in a high demand (pretty much every group needs one, if nothing more then red & yellow procs), have decent DPS in Abyssea compared to a lot of the jobs that need a rework, and all in all have a decent Empyrean weapon as well. I think a lack of job adjustments just shows that SE is quite happy with the direction they have taken NIN. So are most of the players.

As for tanking HNM's. Don't know what you're talking about with that one. DPS on nin even without atmas is still reasonably decent - there is also a lot more enmity + gear out there for us then there used to be. Have tanked a few now and had no issues holding hate.

Of course if you have an ukko WAR spamming WS's on it you're going to have an issue but for the most part there isn't a huge issue with holding hate.

The only thing I can think of that we suck at is tanking any of the Voidwatch NM's. However I believe they will become a lot easier with the level cap rises.

Oh I wouldn't mind some kind of accuracy bonus (that doesn't nerf our evasion) so we can full-time Yonin while tanking and not have to miss 80% of our hits. Maybe give us an A+ in Katana or something. (Am I the only one that notices this?)
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    If it's a Ni spell i would approve, but why is every new Spell "ichi" only, in some cases casting slow spells can even get you killed. we don't need a new spell that will just make nins MORE vunurable, i'm still waiting for that Jubaku Ni that makes no sense not to have at this point.
    (2)

Character
    Kirana
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    If it's a Ni spell i would approve, but why is every new Spell "ichi" only, in some cases casting slow spells can even get you killed. we don't need a new spell that will just make nins MORE vunurable, i'm still waiting for that Jubaku Ni that makes no sense not to have at this point.
    "ichi" is Japanese for "1", and "ni" is Japanese for "2". Asking for a Ni spell before ichi would be like asking for Fire II before Fire. It's merely a semantics issue; they could easily grant us an "ichi" ninjutsu with the casting/recast of a "ni" ninjutsu.
    (4)

Nin needs to get some love from Camate. =/
    (0)

Player
    I don't think this job needs anything at all.
    Scratch that - Native Throwing weaponskills and inexpensive/ middle tier / lower tier shurikens.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While ninja 2hour is terrible
    Are you kidding? Ninja's 2hour is currently one of the best, since it essentially allows Ninja to remove weakened. Whenever White Mages talk about how terrible our 2hour is, or a suggestion to allow White Mage to remove weakened in some other way, the discussion inevitably comes down to "you can't do that, Ninja 2hour". While dying kinda sucks, I really doubt this 2hour will be changed, especially with how popular it is. The only boost I could see is auto-reraise on 2hour, but that seems like something the Mythic weapon should do...

On Ninja in general, the job is very powerful, meaning that even if you have something that fits the job's flavor and is interesting and widely asked for that Ninja deserves (like say, Throwing Weaponskills) SE has a hard time giving it to Ninja, because Ninja is so powerful that a slight misstep could crush any game balance like a Ninja crushes its foes. Ninja isn't exactly a silent assassin of the night in this game. It is more like a force of nature that will kill you and then steal your materia.

That said, here are a few suggestions for Ninja:
    Throwing WS
    A piece of gear that has a protective gauntlet that originates from a single pauldron on a shoulder. It should enhance throwing.
    Some ability that summons a dog to do a single attack for you.
    (1)

Oh man, the people who don't understand game mechanics and think throwing can be saved have shown up. Someone light the Akujima signal!

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Are you kidding? Ninja's 2hour is currently one of the best, since it essentially allows Ninja to remove weakened.
    Maybe you missed the update announcement that WHM is getting a spell to remove weakness? And if you don't die like an idiot all the time it doesn't matter and is useless.

On Ninja in general, the job is very powerful, meaning that even if you have something that fits the job's flavor and is interesting and widely asked for that Ninja deserves (like say, Throwing Weaponskills) SE has a hard time giving it to Ninja, because Ninja is so powerful that a slight misstep could crush any game balance like a Ninja crushes its foes.
    SE has already said that because of the way the game is coded they can not add throwing WS's. Do some research before you spout out this stupid crap 100 other people have already said. And ninja sucks on anything that isn't weak, and even on weak mobs, it doesn't do as much damage as real DDs.

That said, here are a few suggestions for Ninja:
    Throwing WS
    A piece of gear that has a protective gauntlet that originates from a single pauldron on a shoulder. It should enhance throwing.
    Some ability that summons a dog to do a single attack for you.
    lolnothanks
    (2)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 08-15-2011 at 06:05 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast