Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Ninja feedback!

Go ninja, go ninja, go! <3

Shurikens are not weak weapons, but they are not used very much because they are expensive, and it is difficult to obtain a shuriken that fits your level. We are working towards addressing these issues.

Regarding adjustments to ninja itself, we are planning on focusing on merit point categories initially. Concurrently, we would like to work on adding high level shuriken and increasing accessibility. We have received requests for adding additional effects and enfeebling effects to shuriken, but it would be very inconvenient to have to carry various types of shuriken in addition to ninja tools, so we plan to continue to separately utilize ninjutsu for enfeebling effects and shuriken for damage.

In exchange for the effects wearing off after a predetermined time, we were able to craft effects that are very powerful. It is possible for the ability to be changed so that the effects are sustained for a long period. In this case, the effects will not wear off, and a weaker version of the effects could be maintained. However, the strong effects that exist currently would have to be weakened, so we don’t think this is desirable.

For a job that has the versatility of not only dealing damage but also the ability to tank quite efficiently, we don’t have any plans of adding an ability that controls hate.

The power of elemental ninjutsu can be increased through ninjutsu skill, skill bonuses, abilities such as Innin and Futae, and gear with magic attack bonus. We believe that elemental ninjutsu is sufficiently effective when used in conjunction with the above. However, we do think there is an issue with accuracy, so we are looking into a solution.

Ninjutsu doesn’t have the downside of being detected by magic aggressive enemies when casting, so it’s much easier to recast ninjutsu than magic spells. Thus, the duration of ninjutsu is shorter than magic spells.

We have no plans of adding recovery type spells for ninjas. We would like players to choose a job with recovery spells as their support job or have their party members cover them.

If we are to add upgrades to ninjutsu, we would like them to be learned as merit points similar to red mage, so we will look into this during our adjustment of merit points.

We have decided that ninjas will be weak against AoE spells in exchange for having strong defense against single attacks, with Utsusemi being the focal point.

We are planning on implementing this.
    So, after almost 3 years, where the update for ninja?

No upgrade San spell.
    No new shuriken iLv 119
    No way to craft fuda tools

You give us a 1 hour that should be a job trait for us in my opinion, you give us more time on monomi and tonko. Sorry about necro bump but we still waiting. (SMN too but they have a section for them so...)
    (1)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Player
    San what about NI spells? I'm still for the rest of our buffs and debuffs to come out.
    (0)
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    • All ninjutsu should get tier III (San).
    • shuriken should be available and price should be same as other ammo.
    • Fuda tools (universal tools) should be synthetised (craft) in some way.
    • Dual wield should be augmented via job points since we lost the exclusivity.
    • Mikage should be a job trait.
    (3)

If it doesn't bleeds...

Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by Darwena View Post
    So, after almost 3 years, where the update for ninja?

No upgrade San spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerowin View Post
    San what about NI spells? I'm still for the rest of our buffs and debuffs to come out.
    A lot of the “Ni” and “San” tier ninjutsu in the game that players are currently unable to use were originally designed specifically for monsters. As the effects and stats are balanced for monsters and not players, the development team will need to look into this extremely carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Darwena View Post
    No new shuriken iLv 119
    As there are not very many situations where throwing can be utilized, the development team would like to revamp this and add new shurikens around the same time. However, there are other implementation priorities at the moment and it will take a bit of time to address this.
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

A lot of the “Ni” and “San” tier ninjutsu in the game that players are currently unable to use were originally designed specifically for monsters. As the effects and stats are balanced for monsters and not players, the development team will need to look into this extremely carefully.
    Don't forget to give us back our 4th shadow from /nin in the process. It was taken away in an era from long ago and is no longer a required nerf now that 'war/nin over nin/war tanks' is long dead.
    (3)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

As there are not very many situations where throwing can be utilized, the development team would like to revamp this and add new shurikens around the same time. However, there are other implementation priorities at the moment and it will take a bit of time to address this.
    Can we take this to mean throwing weapons will be made into actual bona fide weapons to be wielded in the main hand or at least offhand slot?
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Aha... Yah... no. That's significantly unlikely.

They probably just mean making throwing less terrible in general, maybe making it give more TP, lessening the 2s action delay... or something. I thoroughly look forward to what they have planned to make throwing more useful, because that is a huge task.
    (2)

Well the only way I can really see it happening is that it somehow "stays" as opposed to constantly having to whip it out then throw it so...maybe if they let ranged weapons themselves stay out as long as there's an enemy targeted or something like that? I mean if they don't move throwing to main/offhand that's just about what they'd have to do.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    So why an update on Sange then? "Good new we improved sange but it's another useless merit since we don't plan to give new shurikens... We don't plan either to upgrade ninjutsu in case ninja could be fun to play again..." Now with Sony selling Square Enix, I doubt ninja will get real improvement... What a waste...
    (0)

If it doesn't bleeds...

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Shuriken should be throwed like a proc. 25% throwing an equipped shuriken will attacking with main hand.
    (0)

If it doesn't bleeds...

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast