World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Oh snap!

yay for new shurikens ^_^
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    I am strangely okay with this...word to your mother.
    Do I win a cookie yet?
    (0)

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Do I win a cookie yet?
    Yeh, you get a cookie.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I am strangely okay with this...word to your mother.
    I remember that... it came out the same time as "The Land Before Time"... and that Pizza Hut was promoting TMNT by selling their music on cassette lol...

skipping stones....
    (0)

SWEEEEEEEEEEET~
    (0)

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Ninja feedback!
    Regarding adjustments to ninja itself, we are planning on focusing on merit point categories initially. Concurrently, we would like to work on adding high level shuriken and increasing accessibility. We have received requests for adding additional effects and enfeebling effects to shuriken, but it would be very inconvenient to have to carry various types of shuriken in addition to ninja tools, so we plan to continue to separately utilize ninjutsu for enfeebling effects and shuriken for damage.
    ----------------
    I'm not a NIN, but I did post a possible solution to this very issue in my Creating "Job Abilities" for Throwing, Shield, Parrying, and Guarding thread. The Throwing weapons themselves would not necessarily have to have the enfeebling effects attached to them in order for players to benefit from having the ability to add enfeebles to what they're throwing. With abilities such as the ones myself and others are proposing within the thread, the NINs would be able to simply carry around any Shuriken they want and still have the added flexibility of enfeebling a target without worrying about bloated inventory issues. I ended up calling these "Enhancement Abilities" since they would work for every job that has the appropriate combat skill to access them (unlike "Job specific Abilities"). In regards to Throwing specifically, here's a few suggestions from the post:

Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    Throwing:
    Like all the other Combat Skills listed above, throwing could be enhanced through a number of methods that perhaps have 3-5 tiers based on combat skill level. Instead of seeing something like a WS animation based on TP, a list of Throwing-based Enhancement Abilities would now be nestled within our "Ranged Attack" option of which to choose from. Some examples of the "enhanced" Throwing could be:
    -Doubled Mark: Causes each of your throwing attacks to hit a target twice. (Timed duration of effect) »Doubled Mark Example
    ------
    -Goliath Shot: Causes your next throwing attack to be a head shot that may stun or cause amnesia. (Instant Single use) »Goliath Shot Example
    ------
    -Toe Shot: Causes your next throwing attack to be an attack that may bind or weigh a target down. (Instant Single use) »Toe Shot Example
    -----
    *(Multiple ideas) ——— AyinDygra ——— (Read full descriptions from post #25)
    "Thorn in the Side" - Throw a Shuriken at a spot that is hard to reach, creating great annoyance. (Provoke-like effect and Damage over Time, recast 30sec)
    "Armor Wedge" - Lodge a Shuriken in the enemy's body so those attacking the Shuriken cause extra damage to the enemy.
    "Shadow Shuriken" - For the duration, you have a chance of throwing an extra Shuriken (no ammo consumed) for each Utsusemi shadow active.
    -----------------
    *(Multiple ideas) ——— Karbuncle ——— (Read full descriptions from post #34)
    "Brain Spike"- Additional Effect: Amnesia. This shuriken, While it will not make up for the damage of lost swings, Might be useful for pulling, Have the Amnesia last up to ~1minute, and you have a method of pulling that prevents most/all Exp mobs from Being able to TP.
    "Silence Shuriken"- Additional Effect: Silence. This one, Like the above, Won't make up for lose TP/DMG For attack rounds, But if used for pulling on a casting mob, Might save your shadows from Diaga II or Poisonga II (which they love to cast).
    -----------------
    "Syphoned Mark" ——— Kingfury ——— Enhances Throwing by causing your next throwing attack to drain either TP, MP, or HP. (Instant Single Use) ( From post #127)
    (2)
    Last edited by kingfury; 08-17-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Character
    Andrien
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Need some shuriken as strong or stronger like the ones called "artic wind" dropped from sky gods. 250 base damage and stack-able. those even have hidden effects to dispel their en-spell so i'm sure something similar can work out.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrien View Post
    Need some shuriken as strong or stronger like the ones called "artic wind" dropped from sky gods. 250 base damage and stack-able. those even have hidden effects to dispel their en-spell so i'm sure something similar can work out.
    Well, those have only one purpose and one purpose alone and aren't exactly used widely (therefore they're balanced for what they do.)
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Shurikens are not weak weapons, but they are not used very much because they are expensive, and it is difficult to obtain a shuriken that fits your level. We are working towards addressing these issues.
    You forgot to mention that throwing skill is 100% useless to level.
    (2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Ninja Tools: I want to be able to create inoshishinofuda/shikanofuda/chonofuda through synthesis.
    We are planning on implementing this.
    Missed this. This is great, unless it requires Synergy, in which case, it is terrible unless subcraft is limited to one, such as woodworking OR clothcraft OR alchemy, but not a combination of them. But really, it would be ideal if current crafters could make the tools, even if the tools required multiple synths between different crafters before the finished product could be made.

Edit: Also, in order to not sound ungrateful, let me again say how wonderful this is, particularly for crafters. It rocks.
    (1)

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast