Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Maybe you missed the update announcement that WHM is getting a spell to remove weakness?
    Source? I looked high and low and couldn't find it myself, and this is the sort of information I'd like to see firsthand for a comprehensive list. Thank you, in advance.

And if you don't die like an idiot all the time it doesn't matter and is useless.
    Bad stuff happens. That's what 2hours are there for. But while your judging the play style to be that of one idiots use:

And ninja sucks on anything that isn't weak, and even on weak mobs, it doesn't do as much damage as real DDs.
    Being able to do an extreme amount of damage using its many tools, I've seen Ninjas mess things up fairly reliably while being able to tank. Maybe it won't be able to do as much damage as another job, but being able to survive while doing the damage is pretty darn powerful. SE already told Paladins "lolno" to more damage, an most players assume that Ninja is a better DD then PLD.

SE has already said that because of the way the game is coded they can not add throwing WS's. Do some research before you spout out this stupid crap 100 other people have already said.
    I am aware of this. That said, we're also talking about the same team that said they'd never go beyond 75, or that Ninja isn't a tank job, or any number of other things. There is a different team in charge of FFXI now too, meaning they might actually be willing to put it in, and considering the number of effects and job abilities added, I don't think it would be impossible, regardless of what the previous team, notorious for blaming PS2 limitations (some of their excuses turned out to be bunk) said.

Please don't assume people are stupid, it doesn't help constructive conversation on these forums.
    (6)

Player
    was going to reply but Eco pretty much summed it up.
    only an idiot would accept the "coding limiations" response from SE.
    Since the "coding" response they've released a lot of new jobs, a lot of redesigned/reskinned old content.
    FYI, its less coding to introduce throwing weaponskills than it is to introduce pankraton, chocobo circuits, MMM.. all of which are wasted resources and server space.
    (1)

If you don't like the coding limitations issue, how about we talk about why it's just dumb to add throwing WS's, which is simply that unless they do more damage then Blade: Hi there's no point in doing it because no one will use them because they will not be worth using! So hey, good idea, let's ask SE for stuff no one will use! Then they can waste their time doing a ton of coding and adding stuff, just so no one can use it! That sounds like an amazing awesome super idea! (As a side note, yes, Blade: Hi, don't give me any crap about how you don't have it or it's to leet for you or whatever. You could solo Kannagi at 85, and it's only gotten easier at 90, and we're about to be 95, there will be no reason to not have it except for pure laziness. If you just spent 1 hour a day and do 1 pop a day working towards it, you can have Blade: Hi in under 3 months by yourself will very little effort. OMGZ I DONT HAVE TIEMZ I R CASUL PLYR ONRYZ is not an excuse, and neither is not having friends.)

And maybe you guys missed the last 6 years before Abyssea when NO ONE played NIN, because everything was to hard to make it useful. Hard mobs make ninja junk, and on weak mobs, you don't need a tank anyway and other stuff will out damage it. The only reason NIN is doing good now is because of the false impression people have of it being super duper amazing. Granted it has a crit based WS (jin) and it's empyrean is very good because it is also crit based (hi) so it's better then stuff without good WS's, but it's really not that good compared to real melees.

I also seriously think it's less effort to add pancration, chocobo racing and whatnot, then it is to go redo the main code the game runs on that would be required to make throwing/ranged attacks useful and give throwing WS's. If it was something SE could actually do, it would of been done already, ranged attacks have sucked for years. Instead SE is simply moving on, and not adding shurikens because they recognize that it's junk and not useful. It's time for you guys to recognize it too.
    (3)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I didn't catch that source of where White Mage was getting a way to remove weakened. Since anything I say might distract from this point, I am not going to bother adding a retort to anything you said, since I am genuinely more interested in finding the source of where SE said that they were giving White Mage a way to remove weakened.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Okay, it has been over a day, so I guess I can't really expect you to answer.

SE is about to release notes on Ninja (they already did on the JP forums).

Despite the garbled machine translation that I can read currently, I think I can clearly make out two major points. Forgive me if I misinterpreted it, like I said, garbled machine translation.

1. Throwing is really powerful currently, but not widely used due to cost. (And probably something along the lines of a "no we won't buff it directly.")

2. Lol no, NIN is not going to self heal.

Assuming that one is a no to throwing weapon skills also falls into my points. Ninja wouldn't get throwing weapon skills because Shuriken have high damage base and it would do lots of damage, and Ninja already does a lot of damage with a melee weapon, even ignoring OPTIONAL Empyrean weapons.

Ninja's who currently use throwing can output absurd amounts of damage in addition to their other abilities, but cost definitely holds back on this.

On the second one, who assumes that SE will make Ninja self heal without having to rely on a subjob?
    (0)

Ninja feedback!

Go ninja, go ninja, go! <3

I want shurikens to be improved.
    Shurikens are not weak weapons, but they are not used very much because they are expensive, and it is difficult to obtain a shuriken that fits your level. We are working towards addressing these issues.

Regarding adjustments to ninja itself, we are planning on focusing on merit point categories initially. Concurrently, we would like to work on adding high level shuriken and increasing accessibility. We have received requests for adding additional effects and enfeebling effects to shuriken, but it would be very inconvenient to have to carry various types of shuriken in addition to ninja tools, so we plan to continue to separately utilize ninjutsu for enfeebling effects and shuriken for damage.

I would like Yonin/Innin to be sustained abilities.
    In exchange for the effects wearing off after a predetermined time, we were able to craft effects that are very powerful. It is possible for the ability to be changed so that the effects are sustained for a long period. In this case, the effects will not wear off, and a weaker version of the effects could be maintained. However, the strong effects that exist currently would have to be weakened, so we don’t think this is desirable.

I want an ability that resets hate by throwing a smoke bomb.
    For a job that has the versatility of not only dealing damage but also the ability to tank quite efficiently, we don’t have any plans of adding an ability that controls hate.

I would like the power of elemental ninjutsu increased.
    The power of elemental ninjutsu can be increased through ninjutsu skill, skill bonuses, abilities such as Innin and Futae, and gear with magic attack bonus. We believe that elemental ninjutsu is sufficiently effective when used in conjunction with the above. However, we do think there is an issue with accuracy, so we are looking into a solution.

I want the duration of Monomi/Tonko to be increased to a length similar to the duration of magic spells.
    Ninjutsu doesn’t have the downside of being detected by magic aggressive enemies when casting, so it’s much easier to recast ninjutsu than magic spells. Thus, the duration of ninjutsu is shorter than magic spells.

I want some way to recover HP using ninjutsu.
    We have no plans of adding recovery type spells for ninjas. We would like players to choose a job with recovery spells as their support job or have their party members cover them.

I would like “Ni” and “San” upgrades added to enfeebling ninjutsu.
    If we are to add upgrades to ninjutsu, we would like them to be learned as merit points similar to red mage, so we will look into this during our adjustment of merit points.

I would like ninjutsu that protects players from AoE spells added.
    We have decided that ninjas will be weak against AoE spells in exchange for having strong defense against single attacks, with Utsusemi being the focal point.

Ninja Tools: I want to be able to create inoshishinofuda/shikanofuda/chonofuda through synthesis.
    We are planning on implementing this.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Ninja feedback!

Go ninja, go ninja, go! <3
    TMNT II The secret of the ooze!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4
    (2)

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Oh my did he really go there. Camate is now known at Vanilla Ice.
    (1)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Ninja Tools: I want to be able to create inoshishinofuda/shikanofuda/chonofuda through synthesis.

We are planning on implementing this.
    Woodworking profit ftw.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Unctgtg View Post
    Oh my did he really go there. Camate is now known at Vanilla Ice.
    I am strangely okay with this...word to your mother.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast