Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I mean try to imagine the circumstances where you're fighting something that's hard enough to need the DDs to stay away from it.... and you're bringing a ninja instead of a cor or a rng.
    Present day circumstances? None. Potential circumstances? Sure, they could make a BCNM that's immune/nearly immune to ranged damage and does devastating physical AoE moves that wipe shadows very quickly, but Ninjas can keep up? Is it a cop out, yes, but I guess it could be a way to give Nin a use?
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Present day circumstances? None. Potential circumstances? Sure, they could make a BCNM that's immune/nearly immune to ranged damage and does devastating physical AoE moves that wipe shadows very quickly, but Ninjas can keep up? Is it a cop out, yes, but I guess it could be a way to give Nin a use?
    Then you would probably want a paladin and some mages. One screw up with utsusemi and your dead.

Which brings up another point. Instead of adding all sorts of extra shadows and recast reduction to utsusemi, wouldn't it be better to just make it so that only one shadow is consumed per aoe/spell etc. when you are nin main? Leave it as is for subjob....

Or add a level 99 utsusemi type spell that at least partially blocks aoe / magic damage and put it on a separate timer. Maybe only give it 2-3 shadows, but make it so that they are only consumed by magic / ws etc.
    (5)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 08-19-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The above is a nice 'thinking outside the box' idea, Just 2 Shadows that show differently to Utsusemi, call it 'something: Ichi' that adds 2 shadows that eat up AOE moves/spells, 1min timer
    (0)

Player
    In my imaginary BCNM you could make it immune to magical damage as well, mind you, for spite. I'm not calling this a good idea, I'm just "trying to imagine a universe in which Nin has a real use", heh. For what it's worth, I'm entirely on your side, Ninja, Bst, Pup, etc, they need some lovin, so does Blu but, we're much improved lately honestly.... but, not enough to make us competitive sadly.
    (0)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    In all honesty, I don't give a damn about throwing, I just love Ninja and want the job to be used again. I'm still killing Apad's with a friend who's after horns to, and in spare time rinsing a few Sobeks (amazing how quick you can solo farm skins now IF you wanted to) I didn't jump on the katana bandwagon 3 years back when that multiple groups would be fighting for Guku claims, its nice to sometimes have the zone to myself and have everything in that small area of mis coast. Being a MNK main I should of maybe gone for Vere, but I'm holding out that SE makes Nin, an amazingly put together job, what it needs to be used as a tank again.

If you (SE) only want severly OP Relic or Empherean PLD'd to tank (and there are so many of them out there now because those shields add so much to the job, why not severely increase the DMG on REM Ninja Katana's OR on all 3 of them, add 'Utsusemi: San' so then all tank jobs HAVE to have a REM to compete.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmaste View Post
    In all honesty, I don't give a damn about throwing, I just love Ninja and want the job to be used again. I'm still killing Apad's with a friend who's after horns to, and in spare time rinsing a few Sobeks (amazing how quick you can solo farm skins now IF you wanted to) I didn't jump on the katana bandwagon 3 years back when that multiple groups would be fighting for Guku claims, its nice to sometimes have the zone to myself and have everything in that small area of mis coast. Being a MNK main I should of maybe gone for Vere, but I'm holding out that SE makes Nin, an amazingly put together job, what it needs to be used as a tank again.

If you (SE) only want severly OP Relic or Empherean PLD'd to tank (and there are so many of them out there now because those shields add so much to the job, why not severely increase the DMG on REM Ninja Katana's OR on all 3 of them, add 'Utsusemi: San' so then all tank jobs HAVE to have a REM to compete.
    I'd be happy if they just boosted nin's damage output to be somewhere near monk without a crazy hard to acquire gear set. I don't think being able to tank is a viable excuse for bad damage. Quite a few DDs are used as tanks more often than nin now these days. I see no reason why nin shouldn't output just as much damage.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I'd be happy if they just boosted nin's damage output to be somewhere near monk without a crazy hard to acquire gear set. I don't think being able to tank is a viable excuse for bad damage. Quite a few DDs are used as tanks more often than nin now these days. I see no reason why nin shouldn't output just as much damage.
    This is something I was saying in another thread - There really is no place that shadow tanking is viable nowadays, considering most content includes monsters with heavy AoE and AoE magic attacks that bypass shadows. It cannot compete as a tank anymore. Square need to address it from one of the two sides, either you make NIN have some form of mitigation it didn't previously have, or buff it so that it can at least be used outside of a tanking role.

That said, in fights where AoE is a problem, NINs are could be kind of nice - If they could compete damage wise.
    (0)
    Last edited by Balloon; 08-22-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Player
    We better be careful with what we ask, they might just make it so more mobs have moves that ignore shadows.
    Saying that how good of a tank would a pld be without their shield?
    (0)
    Last edited by Zerowin; 08-26-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Unfortunately the development team is going to need a bit more time to work on the previously announced shuriken revamps and it has been pushed to October. Additionally, the dual wield adjustments that coincide with these adjustments will also take place in October.

Also, while it hasn't been finalized just yet, I can tell you that they are planning to create a new job trait which will be similar to shuriken version of “Kick Attacks” where you will throw a shuriken without consuming an item.
    (11)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    o.o Shuriken version of "Kick Attacks" that means extra TP generation and doesn't expend your ammo slot item?

I am cautiously interested and hopeful!
    (0)

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast