Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    Instant/damaging was mentioned in my first post.

I also bolded was. Obviously, i do not use shurikens on my lvl99 nin lol^^ Usually, when I back shurikens, ppl throw the game mechanics and whatnot at me lol^^ i understand where you are coming from Dasva, as a 99 nin, I took all of this into consideration; delay (Throwing and melee). Even with 300dmg shurikens, sange must deal weaponskill -esque damage to compete. i used sange pre-ilvl, but only in abyssea (on birds), were it would crit often on distant mobs (And only on pulls). 2.5-9k on a distance mob is not too shabby. I made my own fumas and money is not really an issue now and days (Salvage,dyna farming, etc). Sange was useless outside, because it would not crit as often. In abyssea, i had a macro for distance mobs out of range. Ppl would say, "Wtf did you hit that bird with" good times^^

I stand firm, throwing can work; for instance, in an old throwing thread, I mentioned an instant damaging throwing ability, akin to konzen-ittai which chainbounds the mob; which allows the nin to follow up with a weaponskill. i mean, nin has burst and skillchain bonus, not entirely far-fetched. Throwing can be done; it is not impossible. Example scenario, throwing skill > 6k damage > chainbound > Blade:whatever > 7k damage > darkness/light > 7k etc. Not saying they will do that, just something I am throwing out there. Dnc can self chain as-well as sam; they both have bonuses. We have bonuses, but cannot skillchain without the aid of another individual.
    You vaguely mentioned it could be nice...

But yeah was just listing why it worked at lower levels that it wouldn't at higher if they just did a normal let's raise dmg a little and give it some skill ilvl treatment and specifics on why and what it would need to be as competitive as it was at lower levels.

I'll disagree on money... sure you can make it but in this day and age spending time making money just to refill ammo is too much of a time sink if it's costly in comparison to how it used to be and how it was at times for rng. It would discourage a rather large part of the community if it's decently costly. Why do that when you can put that alex towards a mythic eh? Especially since can pretty much bet your bottom dollar it's not going to make a huge difference in nin dps

I kinda like the skillchain idea... maybe get real creative and make it quickdrawish. Infuse your shuriken with a skillchain element! Maybe give an extra bonus to like a special eneffect
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-06-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Player
    I cannot disagree with others play-style, so I agree; it can be costly for some. Worth (Of an item) varies among individuals.

I practically have relics on stand-by, lol, in the form of money. My old LS assumed i was building a relic because I stayed in dyna. Personally, I will never make a REM. SE has a habit of releasing equally or near equal strong/obtainable melee weapons. Not sure about instruments, staffs, etc. I could knock out the non-alex stages of mythics, but it is not worth it to me. I main bst and nin, i personally use delve or high tier battle weapons. To each its own I suppose. These new skirmish weapons have me intrigued, i have a good feeling about these.

But yea, i was thinking quickdraw -esque or yag speed. The infusion/eneffect is also a nice idea^^ Hopefully SE delivers, I don't see stronger shurikens being used, unless it is something innovative. Plain ol' throwing without or with the massive delay will not cut it; unless the shurikens deal an insane amount of damage or contains a special effect.
    (0)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'd bother playing NIN again if:
    Sange was the equivalent of a potent barrage (damage-wise and gave much more TP return, also put on 2-3min timer not 5)
    had at least a level 2 skillchain property on use so NIN could self skillchain for spike damage+enmity.

Maybe i'm spoiled playing blu/dnc/sam and used to the ability to self skillchain to make things more fun.
    The only time ninja gets interesting for me is with /sam subjob, you can sekkanoki and the nin can then self skillchain and ninjitsu magicburst,
    but this is not a practical thing to do in serious party battle content - you get stuck with /war subjob forever.

Anyways if you look at samurai main job, it is just flat out broken right now since they can tank, and do absurd self skillchain damage,
    so there isnt really a reason to bring a ninja main job to anything unless you revamp ninja damage and make throwing/sange huge burst TP+damage on par with ranger.
    (2)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There's a huge post on what they would have to do to make throwing a viable option for damage dealing and it's almost universally agreed that SE will never do that. Look it up. This is a huge waste of time.
    (1)

Player
    Still means we can't try to get through to them maybe someday we will.
    (0)
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This post has dated weapons, but the basic premise is still the same. It explains what would have to be done to make throwing relevant.

Ninja throwing will probably never be a thing that people do for anything more than fun and laughs. Not that I wouldn't love to go ninja to a bunch of AA fights instead of "RNG all the things".
    (0)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 08-14-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Player
    I have really great friends that let me come ninja, I just wish Shadows didn't have a long recast time
    (0)
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    There's a huge post on what they would have to do to make throwing a viable option for damage dealing and it's almost universally agreed that SE will never do that. Look it up. This is a huge waste of time.
    Well there is this...

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    The development team will be looking into adjustments for several ninjutsu for the future, but first they are prioritizing adjustments for shuriken.
    Sure, it's not a huge one, that post, and it doesn't say they are planning on making it a viable option, but you know, they're doing something to it. ^^

I remember they mentioned this already a while ago, but I forget the exact words from back then. I'm also too sleepy to find it right now, as it is of so little importance!

(Might have been this or this or this or this. I'll also mention this from some more whiles ago, where it's said that the cost of shuriken is why they are not being used. Hrm... Also notice the plans on making it possible to craft the inoshikasho! >.>;)
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 08-14-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Hmmm...

Well there is this...

Sure, it's not a huge one, that post, and it doesn't say they are planning on making it a viable option, but you know, they're doing something to it. ^^

I remember they mentioned this already a while ago, but I forget the exact words from back then. I'm also too sleepy to find it right now, as it is of so little importance!

(Might have been this or this or this or this. I'll also mention this from some more whiles ago, where it's said that the cost of shuriken is why they are not being used. Hrm... Also notice the plans on making it possible to craft the inoshikasho! >.>

Best case scenario, they could give nin a crazy throwing ws that was better than their katana ones. But they can't really make full time throwing a thing.

I mean try to imagine the circumstances where you're fighting something that's hard enough to need the DDs to stay away from it.... and you're bringing a ninja instead of a cor or a rng.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I mean try to imagine the circumstances where you're fighting something that's hard enough to need the DDs to stay away from it.... and you're bringing a ninja instead of a cor or a rng.
    Yeah, I definitely can't imagine that, heh.

All the more interesting to see what they actually will do, if anything. Not exactly expecting much, but we'll see!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast