Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryx View Post
    Subtle Blow takes off more TP/hit given to the mob on higher delay weapons, which allows us to feed less TP overall to the mob than the lower-delay weapons
    Almost. If Player A (5TP/hit dagger) and Player B (25TP/hit gun) both have 0 Subtle Blow, then the Gun will give less TP to the mob over time. If they both have max Subtle Blow, the Gun will still give less TP to the mob over time. Adding Subtle Blow does not make the gun suddenly give less TP than the dagger with the same subtle blow, it always gave less TP to begin with.

To be honest, giving Subtle Blow to Ranger and not to Thief is completely rediculous. The fact that Monk, Dancer and Ninja, the other three low-delay 2-hit per round (DW or H2H) jobs get it and thief doesn't is stupid.

I'm not saying it's bad that Ranger gets it. I'm saying it's stupid that they got it over Thief. But then again, everyone seems to be getting shit over thief. Thief's Force critical ability? Meh, give it to Dnc and War too. Thf's enmity transfer? Can give that to Drg and Rng np. Thief's triple attack? Give it to Dnc, it's cool.
    (0)

-enm for distance is only useful if they fix the whole enmity equation. If it takes you two shots longer to get max enm built-up, you haven't saved the job. We need an enmity decay or shedding trait more than a reduced enmity gained for standing at a distance.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    My guess is we will get something like -10 enmity with the new trait/ability... let's hope I'm wrong and the design team shoots for something game changing instead.
    (0)

IDK my first impression was that it was an active duration and whenever you shot the person that was in front of you would gain the enmity for that strike (think of like an always on TA that works for Ranged Attacks). Now that I reread it, it seems less likely.
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Subtle Blow doesn't favor any kind of delay or weapon. It's a percentage reduction in mob TP gain. Mob TP gain itself favors higher delay weapons because there's a static +3.0 base TP gained per strike which becomes less significant with higher player weapon delay. Subtle Blow is applied after the terms (3.0 + player base TP) are summed, it is unbiased.

I think the ideas they had were alright, although to be honest what really needs to be done is an overhaul of the enmity system. Even something as simple as a cap increase would do wonders. It's a completely ridiculous when a player can cap their enmity in a single lucky weaponskill (8k+ damage will do it, not hard to achieve in Abyssea.) Enmity reduction traits just slow the inevitable reaching of the hate cap, at which point positioning gets screwed up, sometimes catastrophically.
    (0)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    Too bad they won't just give rng its own enmity reduction JA on a decent timer like DRG's jumps. That alone would fix a lot.
    Also, a upgrade to make rapid shot actually be effective should be something the design team looks into.
    Why put rapid shot on our af3 if I can only get rapid shot to work once or twice out of a 1000 shots?
    (1)

Time for some ranger love! Remember, keep the feedback and comments coming, and we'll do our best to address it!

I want the ranged attack distance correction functionality to be removed.
    The distance correction functionality of ranged attacks greatly affects rangers, and based on the opinions of players, we understand that some kind of adjustment is necessary.

With that said, simply removing the distance correction functionality will not solve every problem, so we are working on adjusting the system to be more positive.

Even if the distance correction functionality can’t be removed, I at least want the range of the “sweet spot” to be increased.
    We will look into this as part of the adjustments stated above.

I want the range of ranged attacks to be farther than spells.
    This will make it extremely easy to dominate worm type monsters, so we have no plans of extending the range of ranged attacks.

Blast Arrow is commonly used as a close range WS, so it shouldn’t be affected by distance correction functionality.
    We will look into some kind of adjustment.

I don’t like that TP is consumed even if a WS is not successful because it is out of range.
    It is pretty heartbreaking when you misfire, isn’t it? This is a problem that occurs frequently for rangers that keep their distance in battles, so we will look into devising a solution.

I would like hate to decrease proportionately to your distance from the enemy.
    This is part of the distance correction, but we are looking into lowering hate when using ranged attacks from the enemy’s sides or rear. Also, some ranged attack weapon skills have effects related to hate, which will also be taken into consideration.

How long will the "ability that increases enmity towards party members positioned between the ranger and his/her target" last?
    This ability will last around 3 minutes, and effects will take place for every ranged attack during this time. We do not plan on implementing a long recast time.

I would like the effects of Subtle Blow to take place regardless of distance.
    We are currently debating how the effects of Subtle Blow will be implemented. We are also working on adjustments for sweet spots and ranged attacks, so all of this will be decided in a balanced way. Either way, Subtle Blow will be applied with abilities, rather than as a constant job trait.

I would like Eagle Eye Shot to be reevaluated. It is a big gamble, but as you reach higher levels, it sometimes yields less damage than weapon skills.
    Eagle Eye Shot has the advantage of having high accuracy, but we are looking into adding additional benefits. We think it will be best if we can add some kind of benefits other than simply yielding high damage.

I would like a hate reset effect to be added to Camouflage.
    We currently have no plans of adding an ability that resets hate for ranger. We suggest forming a party with a job that can control hate, such as thief, to get around this issue.

I would like Rapid Shot to be activated every time.
    This will be very difficult, since Snapshot is a trait that can be enhanced to further reduces the time in between ranged attacks, and these two would become very similar.

I would like the recast time for Stealth Shot to be lowered.
    We would like to look into this when reviewing merit points, but we think that the effects of Stealth Shot are sufficient as is, so this is pretty unlikely.
    (5)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post

We currently have no plans of adding an ability that resets hate for ranger. We suggest forming a party with a job that can control hate, such as thief, to get around this issue.
    please tell the dev team they have greatly saddened every ranger who has played the job recently. this is the single most important ability we need to stay competitive and not die. thieves rarely are in the same party as rangers, even in low man situations, and collaborator isn't enough to keep us going.

black mages recieved enmity douse, which is what we need. it's simply not fair rng get "ask a thief" and blm gets their own JA.
    (8)
    Last edited by esoR; 07-30-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    wow nothing about the ammo issue? That is probably the most important issue right now when rangers can't even buy ammo and when we do it is at really stupid prices.

make all ammo be able to be done via synthsis and lower the level it can be done.
    (1)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    And how picks these stupid questions.. I want rapid shot to activate everytime, what the hell type of question is that, and noone uses blast arrow so why you asking a question about blast arrow.
    (3)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast