Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    And how picks these stupid questions.. I want rapid shot to activate everytime, what the hell type of question is that, and noone uses blast arrow so why you asking a question about blast arrow.

1/2 the questions are from the other language job forums
    (0)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    What's going on???

There is nothing about the Major Ammo issue...
    No Enmity Shed Job ability for a job that NEEDs to stay away from mobs and has very little defensive ability besides /nin or /sam...

And I'm 100% sure the Blast Arrow thing is someone super Trolling RNG. There is no reason to even use that WS....

RNG can't use any form of haste from others besides a roll no cor would waste their time doing unless it's a RNG only PT. How can RNG even compete with others when they have capped gear + magic haste? They can't...
    (1)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I would like a hate reset effect to be added to Camouflage.
    We currently have no plans of adding an ability that resets hate for ranger. We suggest forming a party with a job that can control hate, such as thief, to get around this issue.

All the proof that you will ever need that the developement team does not play this game (or just knows nothing about THF at all).

In what part of Vana'Diel is thief controlling enmity on anything? Trick Attack being is tied to weak relatively damage. Collaborator and Accomplice recast timers are way too long to even think about control anything....and using Accomplice prevents Collaborator use for 5 minutes (Hint: Accomplice isn't worth using...Accomplice isn't even worth its OWN 5 minute timer, let alone sharing one with collaborator)

Even if the recast was short enough to be relevant, the distance is STILL too short (thanks for that 4 yalms "increase" btw). How are we supposed to Accomplorater the RANGER when we have to be right up close to do it?

I really have to wonder if the Dev team ACTUALLY knows what these abilities do...and how they (don't) work? (Serious Question)

This imaginary Vana'Diel that they have in this "vision"....does NOT EXIST

/facepalm
    (4)
    Last edited by Nebo; 07-30-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Character
    Rayix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Time for some ranger love! Remember, keep the feedback and comments coming, and we'll do our best to address it!
    Ask, and you shall recieve.
    I want the ranged attack distance correction functionality to be removed.
    The distance correction functionality of ranged attacks greatly affects rangers, and based on the opinions of players, we understand that some kind of adjustment is necessary.

With that said, simply removing the distance correction functionality will not solve every problem, so we are working on adjusting the system to be more positive.

I would like the effects of Subtle Blow to take place regardless of distance.
    We are currently debating how the effects of Subtle Blow will be implemented. We are also working on adjustments for sweet spots and ranged attacks, so all of this will be decided in a balanced way.
    I've got mixed feelings on the fact that you even brought these notions up. The initial thought that comes to mind is: WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE PEOPLE TO "QUOTE" FROM? Thinking about it tho, I realize you're probably just summarizing the worst ideas people have brought up, and being polite to a level that I will probably never manage, do your best to tell them off.

In that sense, allow me to place some emphasis on your behalf: RANGER IS NOT A MELEE!

The distance factor is fine as it is, but if you want to adjust it, make the distances further. Gun users suffer from close range "sweet spots" that often have them caught in more AoEs than their Archery counterparts.

I want the range of ranged attacks to be farther than spells.
    This will make it extremely easy to dominate worm type monsters, so we have no plans of extending the range of ranged attacks.
    A little bit of clarification on this one (rough numbers):
    Ranged WS: 15 Yalms
    Player Magic: 20~22 Yalms
    Ranged Attacks: 25 Yalms
    Monster Magic: 30 Yalms
    Average Monster AoE: 10, 15, or 20 Yalms.

I don’t like that TP is consumed even if a WS is not successful because it is out of range.
    It is pretty heartbreaking when you misfire, isn’t it? This is a problem that occurs frequently for rangers that keep their distance in battles, so we will look into devising a solution.
    If you're going to do this, you might as well make it for all weapon skills, since Ranger is by no means the only job to ever encounter this problem. On the other hand tho, you could increase the distance of ranged WSs to match the TP shots, and let us keep outside of the larger AoEs (like Norn Arrows).

How long will the "ability that increases enmity towards party members positioned between the ranger and his/her target" last?
    This ability will last around 3 minutes, and effects will take place for every ranged attack during this time. We do not plan on implementing a long recast time.
    Okay, let me be the first to say: ^^! This is GOOD news for us. Or at least it is on the assumption that we're generating less hate in the process for having someone else in front of us.

Either way, Subtle Blow will be applied with abilities, rather than as a constant job trait.
    And this is a downer. The way they worded it in the manifesto leads to believe it was going to be a trait. It's not a deal-breaker tho....just don't mess up with the PASSIVE enmity reduction, or the arrows shall rain down upon you in numbers to blot out the sun.

Eagle Eye shot...I know you just said you won't be adding a hate reset to ranger, but is it too much to ask for our 2-hour? It's less about the two-hour and more about the need for a hate reset, but hopefully the devs will come through for us in the overall enmity reduction methods they're supposedly giving us. A controlled ranger should be able to keep themself out of trouble in a difficult fight, a suicidal one...meh, you can't fix stupid.

I do want everyone to stop crying tho "We need a hate reset, and nothing short of one is acceptable!" when they are working on ways to reduce our generation in the first place. Just because it's not the solution YOU want doesn't mean it's automatically doomed to fail. They MIGHT make it potent enough.

And while I'm talking about repeated ideas, let me comment on this one: Ranger's relationship with Haste. STOP! We are NOT a melee DD, stop trying to insist we be treated like one. We're NOT going to be as strong in tearing through the easy mobs, why do you want to be? The easy stuff is irrelevant. We shine better against the hard stuff, where you can't just mindlessly zerg with abandon. We're a strategic job, & always have been. There's more to strategy than who can do the most damage.

The ammo concern is a minor problem, not a major issue. Fix the major issues, and the minor ones should work themselves out. I say minor because you CAN get the ammo you need, you just need to farm the materials yourself, make friends with a couple crafters. They DO exist, you just won't find them on the AH that often. Like with hallowed waters: The AH almost never have them, yet I keep a VERY healthy supply, thanks to having an Alchemist minion who makes them for me.

Blast Arrow IS a melee WS, which makes NO sense to me in that it's an Archery WS, except that you're literally hitting the mob with your bow and THEN shooting it at point blank with an arrow. It's fine to make it a 2-hit WS, where the first hit misses if you're out of range, but to make the entire thing miss when you're trying to proc a blue !! in abyssea? It gets annoying. It's a minor concern tho, especially as we move outside of kiddie-land abyssea.

And that's my two gil on the matter.

P.S: Give us more insanely hard mobs, on behalf of Ranger AND Paladin.
    (1)
    The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power.
    How can I explain this to you... The sly eagle hides its claws.

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    "Time for some ranger love!"

Wait... What? All i read was:

Player A: "id like to see this happen!"

Dev: "ehh, thats too hard to do"

Player B: "oh! What about this?!"

Dev: "umm, nah, we dont think were gonna do that"

Player C: "ok... Maybe this? Its kinda shitty, but itd help a little"

Dev: "... Really? ... I dont want to have to work on that... In fact, i dont know what im going to do, but ill headline this dev post with "showing love" since we at least replied, even though our answered were non-informative of what we are doing to fix RNG. Peace losers, have fun wasting time and never being a key player, oh and have fun playing red rover with all the monsters in vana diel."
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by esoR View Post
    please tell the dev team they have greatly saddened every ranger who has played the job recently. this is the single most important ability we need to stay competitive and not die. thieves rarely are in the same party as rangers, even in low man situations, and collaborator isn't enough to keep us going.

black mages recieved enmity douse, which is what we need. it's simply not fair rng get "ask a thief" and blm gets their own JA.

I have leveled both BLM and RNG and RNGs do have an ability to lessen hate they can get. It was added to Camouflage in an update a few years ago. With camouflage up you pretty much pull zero hate with each regular hit. This also does not cause camouflage to ware. Yes so its an ability thats on what a 5 min timer. Emnity Douse is on a 10 min timer. It works wonders from keeping RNGs from getting hate its how my old einherjar shell use to have us RNGs fight odin. We could push out the big numbers without pulling the hate. Don't see where that has changed at all even with the addition of abyssea. The same strats can still work. So BLMs got something finally to help them manage what they pull hate wise. RNGs have had it for a few years now.
    (0)

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    camouflage is -25 enmity for attacks, while in effect. it doesn't help you if you pull hate (which you can and will if you are trying to be competitive.) the fact that it wears when it feels like, doesn't help either.

dragoon can put out the same ws dmg numbers, and higher DoT, then super jump to refocus hate to the tanks. but since they are a melee, they don't have to worry about th enemy walking 15-20 yalms away and smacking them in the face.
    rng don't have the ability to make the monster turn around and go away. ideally, camo would be like thf's hide, but instead its a stance that doesn't fix the actual issue if you're doing your job right.

example: one weapon skill with camouflage up, in the sweet spot, will pull hate from a pld (who had nearly capped hate before firing.)
    (3)
    Last edited by esoR; 07-30-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    Camouflage has a very random duration. Some times it can last 5 shots other times it can last 1 shot. So it's not something a well geared RNG can really rely on and it does not help at all once you hit the enmity cap.

Also, ammo IS a major issue if you have to lvl up 3 different crafts and farm all the materials just to play the job properly. Having the right ammo should be something trivial to playing the job and not something worth noting when you /check a RNG.

Sadly, this still sounds like the same old RNG (depending how the enmity change actually works) with super high cost, really clunky/slow attack method and mediocre damage.
    (1)

9. 07-30-2011 09:55 AM

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    How about ammo with an added effect of "emnity - 5"?

Thatd allow for your pick of a decent dmg ws with - emnity, or to tp without gaining much emnity then macro in better dmg arrows for weaponskills?

Only drawback is, its be useless on xp mobs...and would only be noticeable on stuff like kirin, shinryu, abysses zone bosses etc.
    (1)

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    enmity - arrows goes back to the ammo problem, rare material (most likely) and no one to make it. on top of high costs
    (1)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast