Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33
    Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    JAP site (google translate) states Gain-STR is Self-Target only but doesn't do the same for this new spell.
    I saw that. So it'll be refresh II, haste, and temper post-95. =/
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd wait on that. The Gain spells have their WHM variants which hit other players, thus SE has always stipulated that the Gain's are self target only. I somehow doubt they'd give us another cycled spell after all the yelling we've been doing that we hate cycles.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    I'd wait on that. The Gain spells have their WHM variants which hit other players, thus SE has always stipulated that the Gain's are self target only. I somehow doubt they'd give us another cycled spell after all the yelling we've been doing that we hate cycles.
    You're right, but we should keep in mind that us being in the right with how we hate cycles has close to nothing to do with whatever it is the devs want to do to RDM.

Though even then I'd still argue that most of the post-abyssea spells should have really come into the game much earlier to help flesh the job out better. As I mentioned in the melee thread, the Gain line should have come into play in the 60's (there's really no reason to keep RDMs waiting this long for Gain STR and Gain DEX). Temper would have been ideal at around 55-ish (provided it's self-only). All that being linked to my "grow into" argument.
    (3)
    Last edited by Duelle; 08-20-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes it was a plain cop-out on SE's part to only introduce many of these things post-80. It should of been Temper in the 50's then Saber or Temper II in the 70~90 range. Just like the GAIN's should of been spread out more, it makes no sense to get Gain-DEX / Gain-INT in the last four levels (96-99), we should of got STR + either INT or DEX going from 90 to 95, then the last one between 96 and 99. That or they should of implemented these in the 60's and created tier II variants of them for 80+.

And while I'd normally take a very weary position when it comes to SE and RDM, lately they've actually been listening to our feedback. I'm hoping they might of taken a hint as the sheer venom expressed towards cycles and single targeting spells on 4~6 people, make it aoe-able or don't bother. (I wouldn't mind temper working with accession or some naitive RDM JA).
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Another thing to look at is how they listed the job abilities.

Black Mage
    Manawell (Lv. 95)
    Eliminates the cost of the next magic spell the target casts.

Red Mage
    Spontaneity (Lv. 95)
    Reduces casting time for the next magic spell the target casts.
    Common sense indicates that these JA's effect the caster only, but the way SE laid them out is that they could be other target-able. Of course I doubt they would do that and it's probably bad wording on their part.
    (0)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by idx1 View Post
    It's more convenient for Reds as players to lug around an extra set of gear that give fencer trait rather than coding that in.
    Just see it as the overall effort going towards RDM.

I'd be overjoyed if they'd just give me the option of transferring my Red levels to another job.

A good Red is dependent on gear swaps so they probably figured, 'they're used to it, so why not'.
    Um that is what you call "LAZY" but right now I dont really care since I solo but swaping gear especially weapons is bs and wipes tp gained but since most parties b & moan about meleeing I guess that makes it a non issue. in any case I"m not filling up my hard earned inventory space with crapload of gear.
    (1)

not swapping gear leaves you effectively half naked all the time... or not naked sometimes and fully naked the rest of the time. think about it. any haste gear you ws in is wasted, anything that doesn't have casting stats on it when you cast may as well not be there.

i know it's a bitch to hit 3 macros per spell, but there's less than NO reason not to have at least ONE macro worth of gear swaps on every action you perform regularly. think of the macro as a hotkey and the gear swaps as gravy. 5 empty lines in there... may as well fill em (also, se... if you're listening.. why not more lines? i want more lines..... like, so bad..)

if you can't at least do that then it's not a matter of lazy.. it's actually EASIER to hit a macro than scroll all through the spell list to find the 1 out of 200 spells you need. cuz lets be honest, how often do you cast stuff like thunder2 poison1 and refresh1 at lvl 90? (now 95) you just don't macro EVERY spell. you cherry pick it down into a nice manageable amount.

as for your hard earned inventory space... wtf are you doing with it if not filling it with gear? you can only full-time 16 pieces.. what's clogging up your other 64 slots?

all that being said, yah you don't swap weapons while meleeing, but you can swap everything else......

and while i'd love for SE to add gear for rdm that is legitimately full-timeable just as much as the next guy, to save space and macro lines... until they DO, i'll be gear swapping.. and so should everybody else.... that is not an opinion, that is a fact. you just get better results if you gear for what you are trying to do.. why not change the way you're geared when you change what you're doing?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by CapriciousOne View Post
    Um that is what you call "LAZY" but right now I dont really care since I solo but swaping gear especially weapons is bs and wipes tp gained but since most parties b & moan about meleeing I guess that makes it a non issue. in any case I"m not filling up my hard earned inventory space with crapload of gear.
    Swapping gear isn't really what's BS, it's the fact we need to carry around so damn much individual gear for each cast situation to the point it's ridiculous. It would not be half as bad if much more gear coincided with each other better, like a high 10+ MND/INT/Cure Potency/Enhancing skill piece or a good 5+ M.Acc/Elemental Skill/MAB piece, something that has a good balance and works well with each other, but often times we need to carry an individual set for the 6 types of magic we are casting.
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Swapping gear is part of the mechanics of the game. SE needs to work the macro system to make it easier within its own means to do so, which is why I don't fault those who have limited capabilities in swapping. However, I'm not against it at all.
    (1)

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33