Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    So basically this will never be useful on anything that matters then.
    By all means ignore the perks with consideration of current spells and mechanics, but as a piece of an overall greater update? Yeah, get out from under that bridge.
    (2)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Necroquote:
    That's just the thing, though. What is so wrong with simply getting full AF3+2 to increase buff duration? Job fixes and enhancements don't have to be universal. There has to be a legitimate difference an awesome, well geared RDM and a full AF1 RDM that doesn't use macros.
    Nothing wrong in getting it, it just defeats the purpose of scaling.

You mentioned Blink Tanking Vs Paladin and used Ochain as a refrence on making them an awesome tank.

But you forgot the unilateral adjustments to Paladin to Sentinel, Rampart, and all the other tweaks and toys they've given to Paladin in hopes to close the gap verses evasion/blink tanking. O-Chain may seal the deal for many, but it wasn't the grand total of what they gave PLD.

RDM, however, has been in a drought of buffs to their primary role. With the only thing before the level cap increase we received was Composure, which assisted ourselves great but did nothing else for the party. And EnII, which was too little, too late for melee debates, as the only level range EnII's are actually effective is 51-70, before the bottom drops out beneath it due to horrible mechanics.

Saboteur was nice, except that it doesn't work on NMs the way it should, and most NMs are still near fully or fully immune to the debuffs Saboteur would matter on. Refresh II, however, is expendable. If anything all I've seen between Refresh II and Abyssea is that players are unlearning how to control their MP expenses. Not that I don't mind the extra MP to give away, but it's no game changer.

No there really needs to be a reworking of Red Mage to make it into the image they're advertising now. I don't care so much about the Melee aspect as much as I do about the general functionality of the job. Melee can be (and likely will be unavoidable to be) included in this aspect, especially for use in low-man content, where I believe it should be applied. But that can be a part of a more global revamp for a job that just seems to be given the scraps at this point.
    (7)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    I like what they had to say about enfbling magic. Like a lot of other jobs, even with capped skill it's useless without expensive / time consuming gear.

They did not mention enhancing magic, however. I'd like to see more than Refresh2 for RDM's exclusive buffs.

Also, where's the mele? I want my sword to be more useful.

I'd like mine to be useful too.
    (2)

Greetings red mages!

Thanks for all of your feedback and sorry to keep you waiting! Here are a handful of responses we got from the development team in regards to your questions and requests.

Do you have any plans to enhance the viability of our sword-wielding proficiency?
    As was stated in the preface of the job adjustments concept, the core concept of these adjustments is to make each job useful in HNM fights as well as other battle-related content. That said, we mentioned that the job adjustments will focus on party structuring, but that doesn’t mean that we will not be looking into the sword-wielding proficiency of red mages. We are actually planning adjustments to red mage’s proficiencies in the upcoming version update.

Make it possible to add enfeebling effects to En-spells.
    We have no plans for this at the moment. When looking at the current system, where enfeebles take place using magic and En-spells increase damage, we’re pretty satisfied with the current separation of the two.

Add higher tier En-spells.
    Planning to add these during the next version update. However, this isn’t going to be the tier-III version, we are thinking about a different type of En-spell.

Add an ability that enhances the effect of En-spells.
    We would like to look into perhaps having this take place through merit points.

Make it possible for red mage to use Enlight and Endark.
    Enlight and Endark are special magic spells for paladin and dark knight respectively and we have no plans to add them to red mage at this time.

Get rid of the 100% enfeeble resists on some monsters.
    In regards to monsters that are completely resistant to certain spells, there is a high possibility that we won’t make any significant changes. However, there aren’t really too many of these monsters, so in regards to adjustments making it possible to land enfeebling magic easier, we feel it would be better for red mage’s to experience this effect on a larger amount of monsters.

Add new enhancing magic.
    Since enhancing magic is an area that red mages excel at, we would like to add something. We have been receiving a lot of ideas for enhancing magic and we will be keeping them in mind when exploring this subject.

Will red mage be able to the use the higher tier Gravity?
    We are planning to make this spell a red mage-specific spell, but are continuing to evaluate it.

Allow red mages to use one-hand sword weapon skills that can only be used by certain jobs and support jobs. We also want staff weapon skills.
    We will be looking into both of these along with the weapon skills revamp.

Give red mage the “Fencer” job trait!
    We looked into this, however, if we were to add this it wouldn’t be a job trait. The possibility is pretty high that it would be in the form of equipment that a red mage could wear.
    (16)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Except that the mobs that are immune are precisely those "hnms" and the others generally don't resist at all because the magic evasion of mobs is not balanced (it's either too high or too low). So there won't be changes in the usefulness of RDM against hnms : either refresh whore or bust. Honestly don't bother with enspell type stuff that will be most likely useless. I remember tier II enspell, they give ~ -10 magic evasion, that's quite useless tbh (subbing nin and using ninjustsu is better..).
    (3)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Patrik
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    yay info ^^ thanks Camate. just a thought on enhancing magic, at the very least it would be nice if we could single target anyone in pt with the Gain- spells. Whm will still be able to AoE it, and we can single target people to give them extra boost of stats that whm can't. Cause otherwise, why exactly do we have Gain-CHR? >.>
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Planning to add these during the next version update. However, this isn’t going to be the tier-III version, we are thinking about a different type of En-spell.

We would like to look into perhaps having this take place through merit points.
    Before anyone asks about adding en-spell III, perhaps en-spell IIs should be improved. What is the purpose to the tier II en-spells charging up? (Did someone watch too much DBZ before this was implemented?) Why only have it proc on the first hit? There aren't that many Kraken Club RDMs out there to justify punishing dual wielders, double-attack builds, and Joyeuses.

And if there is a merit for improving en-spell potency, every other RDM merit would have to be awful to even consider upgrading it. "No, sorry, I don't have Slow III, Paralyze III, or Dia IV; I maxed out en-spell potency instead." Unless we are going to be able to cap the entire group of merits which would be awesome and would never happen.

In regards to monsters that are completely resistant to certain spells, there is a high possibility that we won’t make any significant changes. However, there aren’t really too many of these monsters, so in regards to adjustments making it possible to land enfeebling magic easier, we feel it would be better for red mage’s to experience this effect on a larger amount of monsters.

We are planning to make this spell a red mage-specific spell, but are continuing to evaluate it.
    Nearly every monster that matters is immune to at least one enfeeble. (And most more than that.) For example, you cannot land Gravity on any NM in Abyssea as far as I can tell, and I cannot think of a single casting NM in Abyssea that can be silenced.

This problem goes all the way back to Sky where no matter how well-geared you were you could not consistently land enfeebles on the Shijin, even with Elemental Seal. (Not sure how thing are now that we are past level 75.) Each one of the Jailers was immune to certain enfeebles, maybe my memory is faulty after all of these years, but I seem to remember a disproportionate number of them being immune to Paralyze II. This has been the main problem with Red Mage since I got to level 75 back before CoP- the job's only real function is Refresh, Haste, and back-up cures in nearly every important fight since our A+ skill spells are a coin flip at best in most of them.
    (5)

Player
    Gain-Chr is to increase Circle Blade damage.

No, Really.

Can we get some clarification on the immunity to enfeebles answer? Do they mean monsters resistant to all enfeebles? Otherwise as it stands most of our enfeebles are useless on the majority on HNMs and making Rdm viable for a party play on HNMs won't happen as long as the skill they claim we are the best at is mostly useless on stronger NMs.

You can gravity Cep/Cirein, but it's a Oberon NM. There are easy NMs, and then there are Oberon NMs.
    (2)

Character
    Patrik
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    as far as all the enfeeb discussion goes, i agree it really has to be changed. personally in abyssea i can land any debuff on anything (that isn't immune of course) and it is pretty helpful. I can cripple a Durinn so it doesn't do crap all fight. but thats because of the god knows how much magic ACC+ i get from atmas as well as huge int and mnd. I'd imagine once 95/99 hits there will be a new big form of end game. I mean abyssea will always be there, and i doubt it will ever stop being the main form of exping, but gear-wise its only to 90.

So once people are forced to leave abyssea to get up to date gear from newer events (like voidwatch) they will have to get used to not being demi-gods anymore, and our enfeebs need to actually be POSSIBLE to stick on all the new NMs. You can't expect us to be enfeebl masters if you're just gonna make every HNM immune to it cause your afraid the spells you gave us will be too much
    (3)

Interesting. I wonder what this means, since they already said they want to keep Enspells and Enfeebling separate.
    (2)
    Aliekber of Carbamesh
    RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast