World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    rdm strength is party buffs, better as whm,brd,smn,cor,blu....lol

cant say more rdm is the jack of all..., is the blu now
    (0)

Player
    BLU can't keep a single buff up fulltime with just diffusion.
    (2)

Character
    Lilia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    stoneskinga?
    (0)

I believe I speak for nearly everyone though when I say that single target party buffs are just not fun.

Any sort of party enhancement spells should find another way to spread themselves then having to sit there and manually click every single person in your party with every single buff.

If I wanted to perform mundane repetitive tasks more often I'd just go ask for more hours at my job where I actually get payed for it.

There's really no fun in subjugating people to do the types of tasks that machines were built for.

(also, fencer would be nice for AE cleaving with /sch. Situational, sure, but still has a use)
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia View Post
    stoneskinga?
    Doesn't that cap at 200 damage? Not all that great, plus it's got pretty nasty cooldown iirc.
    (1)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Melee was never a Red Mage's strengths, it was an extra. Could it be better? Yes. Is the job suffering because of it? No.

Red Mage doesn't need Fencer, stop harping about it.
    It is harming a good portion of the enjoyment of the job, yes. It also is harming the job in the fashion that it's failing to live up to its selling points.

I agree about fencer though.

Honestly, the best job to single-wield has it subbable at 90 anyways. It's not all that wonderful of an ability. People are wanting it because of the name, not what it can do.

And Cid, it's for your own good. Unbridled rage here will get you banned quickly. As far as our strengths go. They don't work together as well as they could, and there is a standing desire to be in the front lines more. So if melee is adapted into what is strong about our job, it'll no longer serve as a weakness, and address the other issue that is some of our gear weapon/gear availability, verses the practicability of getting it.

I'll reiterate this again, things like Sagasinger, Chimeric Flueret, Almace. These should not be simply toys for the RDM. They should help fulfill a purpose. Especially for some pieces that require the effort they do to obtain.
    (1)

Character
    Lilia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    dont know a cap, was 200 but not more, is blu skill now, ~ skill*0.66~

and for me i can say i not rly want more buff spell, i will not end as a brd or cor
    (0)

Player
    You're far too hung up on the image of the job rather than the reality of the job.

Why do things like Sagasinger and Almacehave to be anything more than toys? Claustrum's nothing more than a toy but you don't see Black Mage's screaming bloody murder over it.
    (1)

You've never seen a thread asking for mage relics to actually be useful?
    (1)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Why do things like Sagasinger and Almace have to be anything more than toys? Claustrum's nothing more than a toy but you don't see Black Mage's screaming bloody murder over it.
    Black mages also have a history of blowing stuff up through pure magic. Apples and oranges, really.
    You've never seen a thread asking for mage relics to actually be useful?
    This, too.
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast