Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Did anyone else catch these little gems at the bottom

Extras

Additional Planned Adjustments
    Weapon skill refinements
    Adjustments to enfeebling magic
    Revisions to job-specific merit point enhancement attributes.
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah lets hope that helps things a bit with RDM overall.

It says 'Revisions'... which really makes me hope they're changing things over to normal spells with Potency Merits in corresponding categories. Cause that will REALLY help with me switching around some merits to accommodate for that.

Also note the WS refinements too, that may apply to us still.

Also, I failed to comment on it but.

I do believe the appropriate term for a Wannabe-WHM is a Pink Mage.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    All of the job adjustments sounded pretty boring to me. For a "manifesto" that's supposedly targetted to a 99-mindset rather than 75, it still seems like simple little 75 tweaks.

My suspicion with new enfeebles is that they'll be designed like Addle - you can't silence any NM that matters, so add a spell that's 1/10 of silence's purpose.

And the worst part is that any enfeeble we get will probably go to WHM or BLM too. The most confusing part is that SCH is supposedly getting a spell to reduce enemy TP, which of course would have been ideal for RDM (and I believe requested here in numerous places, and nowhere on the SCH board), but is instead going to a job that has zero native enfeebles except addendum: black dispel and break.

Honestly I don't want any more party enhancing spells for RDM. Cycling buffs was old in 2005, to have to do it with more would be terrible. Unless it replaces Haste entirely or we get Hastega, then no thanks.

I agree about the melee and wanting my sword to be more useful. Lots of good ideas have been mentioned on this board. I hope they are paying attention to peoples' ideas here like the thread claimed.

I"m thinking the reason behind SE giving the TP enfeeble move to SCH is because for the most part they do lack a good sense of unique magic abilities. The helixes aren't as good as they could be and then we have weather spells. The only other unique spell is klimaform however all jobs can use that now. We recently got the regain enhancement spell so what would go better hand in hand with that then an enfeebling TP move. Well we also the Enmity controlling moves so I think the point SE is trying to make for SCH is they are a magic class that can control the strategy of players and mobs. The idea behind enmity control is "easier hate control" or the ability to attack harder without fear of grabbing hate.

The regain spell allows one to WS faster kinda so it only seems logical for SCH to get the enfeebling version.

Also keep in mind RDM has tier 2 enfeebles so the real point is RDM is an enfeebling class that focuses on targeting a mob through status ailments, enmity control and TP control wouldn't be considered status ailments.

When it comes to status ailments it is very possible that maybe they could see amnesia or higher tiered enfeebles like mute that mobs would be unable to na with ease. Or perhaps even a different elemental tier of enfeebles that do the same enfeeble as other spells but since they are on a different elemental alignment they are easier to land on mobs that would normally be hard to land on.

I would also think that melee is the last thing SE is considering for mage jobs atm, it's better to focus on enhancing their magic capabilities then once they have that figured out they can decide how to make them more melee friendly. It's very possible that whatever the "dungeon crawler" concept is, it'll be a concept that would most likely encourage all party members to melee in the fight.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    Don't think it's limited to just the EN boards. There's been melee mentions and debates on the German and JP boards as well. Perhaps not as active as the EN boards but it's there.
    This. I was following the naguri aka madoushi threads for a whole, and a lot of the suggestions are similar to what we've been seeing in our side (enspells based on enfeebles, boosted damage on enspells, more melee gear, more WS access).
    (3)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

5. 07-16-2011 07:39 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well I've always maintained that it's fairly easy to "fix" the melee aspect of RDM. Doesn't really require anything *new*, although that might be nice. Just fix the WS distribution, fix Enspell 1 / 2 scaling and fix the gear distribution such that RDM is actually on the 80+ melee pieces. That alone would do worlds for RDM. Then you could do the little enhancements like Tier III enspells, or enfeebling enspells and various JA's. New stuff is nice, but if the core aspects of the job are flawed, then no amount of frosting will fix it.
    (2)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Cid, please cut that out. You can express the fact that you'd rather have them focus on mage stats than melee in a more constructive manner. Keep the trolling and insults out of the official boards.

I would also think that melee is the last thing SE is considering for mage jobs atm, it's better to focus on enhancing their magic capabilities then once they have that figured out they can decide how to make them more melee friendly. It's very possible that whatever the "dungeon crawler" concept is, it'll be a concept that would most likely encourage all party members to melee in the fight.
    For Red Mage, these aren't mutually exclusive. Buffs that we have to give other melee jobs a boost also assist our own performance as well. It's not outrageous to take that a step further and provide a utility that makes our meleeing a useful tool for the party as well.

This way our tool-set synergies with itself. The buffs we give to help DD jobs to a better job at dealing damage can, at the same time, help us do a better job at maintaining said melee utility, which in turn helps the party more.
    (1)

Player
    So you'd prefer I keep the unbridled rage to alla, got it.

Expand on the class's strengths, not its weaknesses.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    So you'd prefer I keep the unbridled rage to alla, got it.

Expand on the class's strengths, not its weaknesses.
    I'd rather prefer you find an anger management counselor if you really are experiencing unbridled rage from discussion about a video game.

If you would of actually read what we've discussed about instead of just assuming that we were aiming to be the #1 DD you would of noticed that nearly ALL of us supported that Rdm moving in the enfeebling direction was one of the few options it could actually move in without homogenizing the class.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is the "turning our allies into demi-gods" part since we haven't exactly received a super useful enhancing spell that we could actually cast on other players since lvl 48...

Maybe that will change, but I don't see them riding themselves of the self-casting enhancing spell mantra so easily. If anything this might be some hope for the fabled aura spells we've always discussed in the past.

But either way we'll have to wait for lvl 95 to actually see which way they are going with this.

(also by your logic of expanding only on a class strengths and not its weaknesses then Ranger shouldn't be slated to receive all the help with enmity control and should just do even more damage and reach the hate cap even further screwing the party over)
    (1)

But melee was supposed to be one of Red Mage's strengths. Weaving spells through the strength of your sword, instead of standing in the back and chanting.

I'd like to meet the person who decided Bard should get Red Mage's Fencer trait.
    (7)

Player
    Melee was never a Red Mage's strengths, it was an extra. Could it be better? Yes. Is the job suffering because of it? No.

Red Mage doesn't need Fencer, stop harping about it.
    (2)

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast