Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Character
    Zannon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Banish IV and Banishga III, for which an implementation timetable has yet to be determined, have received a lot of attention. But Curaga V, which has been a bit lacking, has been adjusted and the enmity gained has been lowered.

The updated data is now reflected on the Test Server, so please check out Curaga V's latest effects.
    Can i trade Curaga V & Sacrosanctity for Banish IV for this upcoming update please? >_< a bored whm can wish i quess...lol
    (0)
    I miss FFXI Would kill for 2001-2005 gameplay again & Skilled high level players once again. (Colibri's were where this game started going downhill) didnt need to bitch back then because this game was so awesome...

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The upgrade from the 22% cure potency staff is currently 40 light geodes for 1% more cure potency on the test server. While other staffs might be priced right at 40 geodes for +1 magic affinity, a 1% boost to cure potency for 40 geodes is too much.

Either the cure potency staff should have a lower cost, an alternate trial (like turn in more pixies), or a bigger boost to cure potency (or other stats). I understand that the cure potency on it is fairly high, so perhaps the best solution is to cure the geode cost to a more reasonable level for this staff.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    The upgrade from the 22% cure potency staff is currently 40 light geodes for 1% more cure potency on the test server. While other staffs might be priced right at 40 geodes for +1 magic affinity, a 1% boost to cure potency for 40 geodes is too much.

Either the cure potency staff should have a lower cost, an alternate trial (like turn in more pixies), or a bigger boost to cure potency (or other stats). I understand that the cure potency on it is fairly high, so perhaps the best solution is to cure the geode cost to a more reasonable level for this staff.
    I share your disappointment at 40 geodes for 1% cure potency. I was really hoping that it would gain casting time reduction similar to the elemental affinity staffs, personally.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    I was really hoping that it would gain casting time reduction similar to the elemental affinity staffs, personally.
    As a White Mage, it isn't hard to cap casting time. To be honest, I'd prefer recast reduction, especially with all the haste gear you generally have to drop when gearing for potency.
    (1)

Player
    As a White Mage, it isn't hard to cap casting time. To be honest, I'd prefer recast reduction, especially with all the haste gear you generally have to drop when gearing for potency.
    I've always been paranoid that things like Light Arts stack with Cure Cast Time in a multiplicative manner rather than an additive manner, so I just assume I'm never hitting the new reduction cap of 80% no matter what I slap on. It would be awesome to find out that I'm wrong in thinking this, though.
    (0)

Player
    I love the idea of Sacrosanctity: it's a very strong defensive ability meant to be used at a key moment. This is exactly the kind of thing that White Mage benefits from having, and I'd love to see an equivalent for physical damage later on.

However, ten minutes is a huge recast for a one-shot ability at this point in the game. Most Notorious Monsters don't even live ten minutes. Five minutes would be a much, much more reasonable recast for such an ability.
    (6)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The issue where the weapon skill Myrkr would not remove the status ailments Elegy and Requiem.
    Okay, so why does this weapon get to cure these things and not Esuna or Benediction?
    (1)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Okay, so why does this weapon get to cure these things and not Esuna or Benediction?
    Because they can be removed by Erase?
    (0)

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    Because they can be removed by Erase?
    Huh? Think what Economizer's asking is, why can Myrkr remove Elegy/Requiem when Esuna won't. (etc) In theory, Esuna should remove everything Erase does.
    (1)

Player
    I think the development team's logic is that Elegy and Requiem are single target, so there's no need for an Area of Effect spell or ability to remove them.

I also think that logic is suspect. Esuna, Sacrifice, and most of all Benediction should excel in "quality" of status effects removed as well as quantity. The first two have steep draw-backs, and the third can only be used every two-hours.
    (1)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14