Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[Job Adjustments Manifesto] WHM

I like what they had to say about WHM, but I think their missing something about the worst staus effect in the game. In a game where you lose EXP when you die, they shoiuld not have Doom. If you have it in the game, Cursna should remove it without having to be recast a million times. I try and stay away from playing WHM so ya'll probably have more in depth input, but I had to coment about this.
    (3)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    to be fair though, they did say that this was only the beginning of the job adjustments, so there might be more to it later
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Player
    I'm more concerned that they completely left out the KILLAGE aspect of WHM. Front-line options, people! Gimme front-line options!! :D
    (4)
    Rya's Killage Factory: http://www.happyhappyd.com/

Character
    Dragonskull
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    its all well and good job adjustments but their are jobs that people hardly use because they dont serve a specific purpose like dragoons theres a lot less of them and as for the wyvern would be cool if it evolved or something as it increased in level just another idea
    (1)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Rya View Post
    I'm more concerned that they completely left out the KILLAGE aspect of WHM. Front-line options, people! Gimme front-line options!!
    Right on Rya! Give us more melee stuff! I personally would love to see us get a melee range aura that supresses the status effects of monster's auras lol....well, that plus a melee oriented set of gear and a whole slew of new job traits to increase our acc/att/ws damage, etc...I know it's a bit much to hope for, but hey, those that don't dream big don't get big
    (1)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Range-able bar- spells please!!!!
    (3)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    I like what they had to say about WHM, but I think their missing something about the worst staus effect in the game. In a game where you lose EXP when you die, they shoiuld not have Doom. If you have it in the game, Cursna should remove it without having to be recast a million times. I try and stay away from playing WHM so ya'll probably have more in depth input, but I had to coment about this.
    Sure Doom is a pain but that's where Holy Waters come in handy. What fun would the game be if na could remove everything in one try. We should be glad that it does remove nearly every enfeeble excluding a few powerful ones like mute. But in the aspect of Doom just carry holy waters and be careful of the range of the mob's ability lol
    (2)

Player
    Way I look at Doom... That's simply something you never blame a healer on. Dealing with Doom requires ideal preparation.

That said, Holy Waters are just as effective as Cursna when it comes to removing doom, they are just faster than relying on Cursna, especially when you have a lower number of Cursna sources. When it comes to them actually working, it's all luck. I haven't once been a believer in healing magic skill playing a factor. If it was, then why would a /whm be able to remove it just as luckily as I can? It simply doesn't affect it. I realize that wasn't a discussion already, but even despite that, it's better to find an Alchemist that can craft Hallowed Waters. Sure, it may cost slightly more, needing Fire/Ice/Light Anima, BUT they are FAR, FAR, FAR more effective than both Holy Water and Cursna, but not 100% effective. I can directly attest to this. Not many alchemists would bother getting 1 key item for 1 synth in the entire game, but I've made my fair share of hallowed waters for tanks I know.

Silena's description indicates it's supposed to cure silence AND mute, but it doesn't do that. I wonder when that will be adjusted to reflect what the spell accurately does. That's been there as long as I can remember.

All of that said, a Charm-na could be neat. Makes me think more mobs may charm in the near future.
    (2)
    Last edited by Fredjan; 07-16-2011 at 08:28 AM.
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    As with almost all the new "Maniestos" rather than give player acces to both 2 hr ability of job and sub job, SE seems to be going in the direction of "mini 2hrs".

Hmmm. A new level of bar-spells. I like this idea in general, but since day one SE had already stated in game that all status effects have element properties that ARE covered by casting the appropriate bar-element and/or bar-status spells. So what would be the new tier? Maybe absolute resistance, rather than duration down? If we're talking bar-element, I think the next tiers(for WHM and RDM both) should offer a degree of absorption(that is if matching element casted on party, ala avatars).
    (1)

Character
    Darwi
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rya View Post
    I'm more concerned that they completely left out the KILLAGE aspect of WHM. Front-line options, people! Gimme front-line options!!
    um... lmao i think we will always be restricted to the back line, or the front lines players will take us over... i dont want elbowed out, im a rubbish WAR ; ;
    (0)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast