Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I finally got the medal! Now to get into a party for it. Does anyone know what is considered fair for drop rules on Plucking Wings fights are? The fight isn't exactly and easy two man, and the drop rate is about 20%.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    That's awesome dude! GL with the fight! As for drop rules, personally, I'd go with friends and make an agreement with 'em to ensure they let the Roundel Earring go to you
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubeeky View Post
    I'd go with friends
    The problem with this is that I'd have to convince the few people I know who have high enough rankings to drop two medals to switch to Windurst. I don't really see any reason people from other nations shouldn't be able to participate in Plucking Wings though, even if SE deemed that they'd have to spend twice as many Op Credits or whatever.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Update incoming. It was the last post (even after WAR) but we're getting it at last! Anyone who says we aren't entitled to our own complaints can go attack Nidhogg solo.

Pretty garbled machine translation, but I'm pretty sure Holy 2 and a bit of Amnesiana (but removed like Doom) is coming.

As a note, random chances are not cool SE. If you really must use them, we won't understand unless you make healing magic skill affect it more. Also, Benediction should be 100%.
    (0)
    Last edited by Economizer; 08-18-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    As a note, random chances are not cool SE. If you really must use them, we won't understand unless you make healing magic skill affect it more. Also, Benediction should be 100%.
    Totally agree....healing magic needs to be revamped in its usefulness
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

To the ones who keep us all safe on the battlefields, white mages, here is your feedback

Add Holy II.
    We will be adding this in the upcoming version update.

Add Arise.
    Though it is planned for a version update in the future, we have already begun to look into a higher tier version of raise.

Whether it will be called Arise or not really depends on the adjustments from here on out, but we are looking into making it cover multiple targets and other things. In regards to the stats, we’d like to make it so it has more merits than the currently existing raises, so please look forward to it.

Add a spell that cures Amnesia.
    We would like to make it possible to cure Amnesia in the future, but we are planning to make it a type of magic that has a set chance of recovery similar to Doom.

Add a spell that cures Terror.
    We currently do not have any plans of adding a spell that cures Terror. Since the effect of Terror is quickly recovered from, we’d like you to just support those inflicted with Terror with cures and such while they are unable move.

While it is not limited to Terror, we feel that there are times it is necessary for monsters to have superior status ailments in the scheme of battle balance. As such, please understand that we will not be making it possible to cure every single status ailment.

Make it so the chances of curing Doom increase with higher healing magic skill.
    Since there is also Holy Water when curing this is difficult, we’d like to monitor the current rate. Though it depends on luck and repeated attempts, but the recovery rate was set rather high so it can be cured before the countdown timer reaches zero.

Reduce the recast times of Erase/Esuna/Sacrifice.
    We would like to reduce the recast times for Esuna and Sacrifice to be about the same as Erase.

For Erase, since it is able to cover multiple status ailments, we feel that the current recast time is appropriate.

Reduce the weakness timer or add other merits to Raise II and III.
    Since the lost experience points merit has become somewhat weak now, we will look into this. However, as we will not be removing the weakness penalty, we cannot really reduce it too much.

Make it so the effect of Divine Caress becomes AoE when using Divine Seal.
    AoE…Sounds cool. We will look into it.

Increase the effect of bar-type spells.
    Currently you are able to receive a pretty strong effect depending on the bonuses that are given based on your enhancing magic skill. Also, with future level cap increases, you will be able to receive an even higher bonus, so for now we will be monitoring this and make a decision to do something if it is necessary.

Add bar-type spells that protect you from Light and Dark.
    The magic capacity is becoming pretty full, but we will try and look into it.

Make it so bar-type effects are not overwritten by weaker ones.
    This is something that we have been concerned with and would like to make it so they are not overwritten. The concern here is that if it’s not the same effect or higher, if the effect doesn’t wear off or if you don’t cancel the effect you will not be able to reapply it, making it similar to Protect IV and V.

Make it so enhancing magic AoE effects take place centered on the person targeted.
    Since AoE effects are strong, the idea is that you are taking a risk by the effect being centered on the caster. Curega is an exception to this, but it is balanced through a high amount of enmity.

Add a category to merit points that enhances cure potency.
    Since cure potency enhancements were designed to be added through equipment, we do not have any plans of adding it to merit points. Currently you can gain a significant amount of enhanced cure potency by collecting equipment, so please try and collect those pieces.
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We would like to make it possible to cure Amnesia in the future, but we are planning to make it a type of magic that has a set chance of recovery similar to Doom.
    I like this. It adds to White Mage's theme without making the status ailment a complete joke.

We currently do not have any plans of adding a spell that cures Terror. Since the effect of Terror is quickly recovered from, we’d like you to just support those inflicted with Terror with cures and such while they are unable move.

While it is not limited to Terror, we feel that there are times it is necessary for monsters to have superior status ailments in the scheme of battle balance. As such, please understand that we will not be making it possible to cure every single status ailment.
    I like this. Terror is a rare status effect and generally brief, so it would be cool if it remained...uh...terrifying.

We would like to reduce the recast times for Esuna and Sacrifice to be about the same as Erase.

For Erase, since it is able to cover multiple status ailments, we feel that the current recast time is appropriate.
    Mathematical! While I definitely wouldn't complain if the Erase recast timer were lower, I understand this logic and a lowered recast on Esuna would make the spell much more viable.

AoE…Sounds cool. We will look into it.
    Feels good man.

Currently you are able to receive a pretty strong effect depending on the bonuses that are given based on your enhancing magic skill. Also, with future level cap increases, you will be able to receive an even higher bonus, so for now we will be monitoring this and make a decision to do something if it is necessary.
    Since cure potency enhancements were designed to be added through equipment, we do not have any plans of adding it to merit points. Currently you can gain a significant amount of enhanced cure potency by collecting equipment, so please try and collect those pieces.
    I like both of these because of the general theme of "Expect a player dedicated to the job to out-perform a mule with a Light Staff". Both of these aspects of White Mage are greatly enhanced by equipment, and I'm happier than a clam who has just seen his arch-nemesis baked that meaningful equipment for White Mage has been steadily increasing.

Some new things would be nice just to have variety, though. Any news on the new spell or ability that would increase magic defense, or what became of it?
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Camate, I completely agree and support this update.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    The magic capacity is becoming pretty full, but we will try and look into it.
    If you mean the magic capacity of the entire game... it's because you add a thousand blue magic spells in almost every patch.
    (0)

Character
    Fredrico
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Welcome adjustments, but pretty boring as well. Give us something to look forward to.
    (0)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast