Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I was less disappointed by the WHM vision examples than my other jobs, but still by no means excited by them. Charmna is cool I guess.

As far as Silena not removing mute, I agree it's annoying that it contradicts the description. Am I missing something though? What is the difference between the two, except that Mute cannot be removed by Silena? If anything they should just remove the "and mute" from the description.

I don't mind having some unremovable status ailments. Waiting out Mute and Amnesia makes things interesting, imo. I do agree about Doom though. Changing up strategy to deal with Amnesia and Mute temporarily can be exciting and fun for me, but furiously spamming Cursna while crossing my fingers is not. At least add an effect to Divine Caress that makes Doom removal by Cursna close to 100%.

None of this matters to me as much as Reviviscence. It's my only hope for 99 WHM. 10 minute recast and 500 MP as a scroll is fine. Heck, even add a status to the WHM after Benediction that allows Reviv. to be cast for a 30 second period.
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Would be nice for the effectiveness of Cursna to scale with healing magic skill, be nice if the skill had a use other than very slightly better cures.

It's rumoured to affect it slightly but from my experience a BRD has just as much chance of removing it as a WHM with 400+ skill.
    (0)

Character
    Nevens
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I'ld like :
    - a spell to remove Amnesia. It would be nice and useful.
    - Adjustement to bar-status-spells line. Resist rate is so low it's just pointless to cast thoses
    - Adjustement to Banish I / II / III / IV (?) / V (?), make it the same damage than BLM nukes (though only undead should take full damage, other mob family should resist to keep things balanced)

On Cursna subject, the randomness is annoying, but in a way, it makes fight exciting. I don't mind the way it is actually.

I don't want melee/close combat adjustements. The job of a WHM is to heal, and in my opinion, all the adjustements should improve healing power. The game offer a large choice of melee jobs. When I'm in the mood of meleing, I change job.
    (1)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm quite content with how they phrased the manifesto; it seems pretty in line with what we're meant to be as a job.

Looking forward to being able to remove some of the more potent ailments (mute, venom, doom, amnesia, charm, encumberance?) with relative ease.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind some of the spells listed in the .dats that are pretty whitemage-y. Snk/invis/deo-ra, barignis/barterra/baraqua-ra, tier2 bar-ailment-ras; or failing all that, just give us hastega and I'll be content.
    (1)

Character
    Gukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The charmna is nice, but i personally will not use it. It's one of those status affects that make the game laughable and fun and exciting! Always wishing that annoying person gets charmed so you can beat the crap outta them, or chasing your buddy with your club in-hand as you give your warrior cry in your room, or talking to friends over skype or something and saying 'so you've had this coming' and then your AM2 goes off and everyone's laughing ... love it!

Something to remove amnesia though would be preferable, and I'd like to see something that gives a melee aspect to the job. I like to be able to do everything!
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I do remember reading/hearing that WHM would receive a boost to all their -na spells, whereby when casted on a player their resistance to the same magic would be raised a certain %. I don't think SE ever implemented this concept. I think this was mention when the "level cap break" was announced.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    In a game where you lose EXP when you die, they shoiuld not have Doom. If you have it in the game, Cursna should remove it without having to be recast a million times. I try and stay away from playing WHM so ya'll probably have more in depth input, but I had to coment about this.

Seriously? the XP loss is pretty easy to get back now a days. You can also avoid the Doom gaze attack by turning away from it. Granted it's not 100% effective or you get lag or miss the prep message. It's something to deal with. Learning to deal with it effectively is what separates the better players from others.
    (1)
    Last edited by Teraniku; 07-19-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    XP was always easy to get back.
    And... some NMs the doom is AOE and not gaze even though it's the same attack. lol
    Also... You can't have Final Fantasy without doom.
    (0)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    amnesiaNA would be really sweet
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Upitupi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    I do remember reading/hearing that WHM would receive a boost to all their -na spells, whereby when casted on a player their resistance to the same magic would be raised a certain %. I don't think SE ever implemented this concept. I think this was mention when the "level cap break" was announced.
    That's what Divine Caress (WHM83) does.
    (1)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast