Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[Job Adjustments Manifesto] MNK

I like what it had to say about increasing defensive abilities and Chakra. But augmenting Chi Blast is not going to be effective unless you do something about the recast timer. Maybee it should cost MP or TP if they don't think a shortened recast would be balanced.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Eh? What's wrong with Chi Blast's timer? 2 Mnks can already keep Penance on any one monster permenantly.
    (0)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's not about pennance, it's about the ajustments in the dev post. Please read before posting.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    It's not about pennance, it's about the ajustments in the dev post. Please read before posting.
    I know what's in the Dev post. It's basically an augment to the concept of Penance. Reduced TP gain and reduced TP. So what is wrong with the recast timer again?
    (0)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If you don't know, I'm not sure you have the capacity to understand. Either way I'm done responding to this troll.
    (1)
    The Original Blue Mage

o ok. I'm a troll now. Because I don't see an issue with a 3 minute timer on TP Reduction and Inhibition? I highly doubt the idea is to be able to BLU-style Reaving Wind things constantly. Chi Blast has already been appropriated as a TP-inhibiting maneuver. All I see from this update is an enhancement to that concept, allowing Chi Blast to reduce TP as well.

How this becomes an issue of timers, I'd really like to know.
    (0)

I agree there really isn't anything wrong with the current Chi Blast timer. Even if your argument is to enhance Chi Blasts TP reduction capabilities by spamming it there is no guarantee it will be by a set amount, percentage, or hell they may make it relevant to damage done like 1TP for every 10 Chi Blast damage. Besides those were just proposed ideas, what they wrote today might be the exact opposite of what they do tomarrow.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    As with almost all the new "Maniestos" rather than give player acces to both 2 hr ability of job and sub job, SE seems to be going in the direction of "mini 2hrs".

Not being a high lvl monk(lvl37), I don't know what's going on with this job but here's my 2cents...
    ...chakra already had a regen effect? I think this would have been a perfect spot to create a regain effect for monks.
    ...out if all the jobs I think Monk should have gotten a native "Stun chance%". Maybe tied to kicks?
    ....I've suggested before a NON-decaying(set duration), random STAT down effect /JA called "Crippling Blow".
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    As with almost all the new "Maniestos" rather than give player acces to both 2 hr ability of job and sub job, SE seems to be going in the direction of "mini 2hrs".
    Not to sound crass but that would break game mechanics in abyssea more than it already is, even then the concept is pretty broken for some jobs like a MNK/WAR or WAR/MNK or THF/MNK outside of abyssea. But in either case, they have limited utility due to all 2hr's sharing the same timer. It could potentially help jobs with lackluster 2hrs, but you don't really help those jobs when the guys who don't need help get a bigger boost.
    (0)
    Last edited by Swords; 07-17-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Hey guys, mnk has no native mp but we should natively give them something that costs mp!
    (3)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast