Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Just out of curiosity, how far do I need to get myself in the WoTG missions? Haha I planned to take my time And go through them eventually but I'll make getting to the necessary mission a priority
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Sorry if this sounds negative but

If there are like Odin and Alex where they use the 2hr, don't even bother, Square.
    I agree with this 100%. I don't need another Toy i can only use once every 2 hours. I love SMN as a job, But the last thing we need on our plate is another avatar so situational, it can only be used once every 2 hours, and is weighted between 3 others (Odin, Alexander, Atomos, and Cait sith).

I'll wait for that particular update though, as I right now don't have any expectations on this. Because they haven't mentioned them being 2hour only and I dont think Cait Sith would be a logical "2hr only" mob.
    They didn't mention that Odin and Alexander was 2hr only when they first announced those 2 avatars either.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how far do I need to get myself in the WoTG missions? Haha I planned to take my time And go through them eventually but I'll make getting to the necessary mission a priority
    Probably complete the whole storyline.
    (0)

Player
    I hope they have higher perp costs and better stats. We need to weed the bottom rung out.
    (0)

Character
    Khiinroye
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd guess that it's completion of WotG, possibly using the grauberg conflux to access the battlefield(s).

However, it could also be

voidwatch. After fully upgrading all three stratum abyssites to level 4 and killing Celaeno, Hahava, and Voidwrought, there is a cutscene involving Kupofreid and an alternate dimension Cait Sith. After WotG, our world's Cait Sith is supposed to have left for good.

If this is the case, then WoE might also be involved; you never know.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    They didn't mention that Odin and Alexander was 2hr only when they first announced those 2 avatars either.
    Pretty sure they said "They'll play differently than other avatars".

Because i remember the speculation of them being pure DPS with weaker BPs or something.
    (0)

Mh, been thinking, if DRG got their 2hr turned into a 20 min recast timer, it woulde VERY VERY nice that the astral flow to become a 20 min ability too, that way the 2rh avatars woulde be of more use, also the AoE pacts of regular avatars, and we could speculate in a brand new 2hr.

Astral Ward
    Just of the top of my mind, maybe a 2hr that last X time depending on SMN skill like an aura effect that grants a super bar-like that absorbs damage of said element depending on avatar casted plus a buff ad hoc of said avatar (haste, double attack etc)

Astral Rage
    Same as ward but instead of the bar-like aura an en-like aura plus the same buffs depending on avatar.
    (0)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    I hope they have higher perp costs and better stats. We need to weed the bottom rung out.
    You do realize that with higher perp costs, it would make melee summoner even more useless, right?

Instead of 14 mp per tick perp to keep your avatars out, it will cost you 16/17 mp per tick instead, plus the additional cost of 164/176 MP to use the lower timed BP. You wouldn't be able to keep up with it.

If anything, you should be rejecting this because it hurts your playstyle the most.
    (1)

Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    You do realize that with higher perp costs, it would make melee summoner even more useless, right?

Instead of 14 mp per tick perp to keep your avatars out, it will cost you 16/17 mp per tick instead, plus the additional cost of 164/176 MP to use the lower timed BP. You wouldn't be able to keep up with it.

If anything, you should be rejecting this because it hurts your playstyle the most.
    I don't like it I think it sounds like a kick in the teeth just when we were getting used to keeping the avatars out.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neonii; 07-16-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonii View Post
    I don't like it I think it sounds like a kick in the teeth just when we were getting used to keeping the avatars out.
    Lets not panic til we find out how much it will cost us to use. it could only be a 25% increase is cost for a 15sec delay minus, as it stands I could handle this simply by leveling /RDM.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast