Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Leonstrife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Will have to agree here, please take note Square Enix. The job you created is a Dark Knight not a BLM-10.

Spells outside of Drain/Aspir and Absorbs, have never and will never ever EVER be worth casting on Drk, period, end of story, there is no debate, please for the love of all that is holy just stop, stop now.

As for useful suggestions, (besides firing whoever keeps suggesting elemental magic) I think the "Drk Berserk" type aspect is interesting but should go a different route. An example;

Blood Sacrifice:
    Lv.90
    Recast: 5:00
    Activation: Instant
    Sacrifice the HP/Life(as in KO) of a selected party member or Pet who's HP is below a set threshold (~40%-50% should do) in exchange for a Massive damaging attack &/or an increase in the Dark knight (&/or) remaining party's Attacks/Dmg.

Yes, I realize the 1st thing that comes to mind here is "Oh! Exploitable!" But bear with me on this. I feel the HP threshold requirement sufficiently mitigates "exploitation" to a fair degree and the peer pressure involved with actually killing off a member of the party who is of relevant use in the fight would keep "most" people from using this at in-opportune moments. It would also be quite easy to just stick the Drk in a party the tank is not in.

The Pet kill option is possibly more appealing, allowing a near death pet to be put to good use, or in the case of players, channel the lost strength to one last burst of powerful glory for your party! Hence the name, "Blood Sacrifice". The pet option should also not have the HP threshold requirement. As a Smn, I would be more than happy to quickly call out a trash pet and have it sacrificed in this manner, or have it sacrificed after using my relevant BP. A good example of this would be when I call a spirit to Siphon, the Drk could then Blood Sacrifice the spirit, dismissing/killing it for me, in exchange for a boost to him/her or the party thus enhancing the usefulness of multiple jobs, not just one.

As a melee, when I know I am about to die, I know I am about to die. A quick Drk could use that to their advantage in such an instance.

I think the general train of thought on this is an interesting one and could be tinkered with and fine tuned for balance as needed, but the way I stated would be a hell of a lot of fun, and interesting too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kit_Katz; 07-16-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_Katz View Post
    Will have to agree here, please take note Square Enix. The job you created is a Dark Knight not a BLM-10.

Spells outside of Drain/Aspir and Absorbs, have never and will never ever EVER be worth casting on Drk, period, end of story, there is no debate, please for the love of all that is holy just stop, stop now.

As for useful suggestions, (besides firing whoever keeps suggesting elemental magic) I think the "Drk Berserk" type aspect is interesting but should go a different route. An example;

Blood Sacrifice:
    Lv.90
    Sacrifice the HP/Life(as in KO) of a selected party member or Pet who's HP is below a set threshold (~40%-50% should do) in exchange for a Massive damaging attack &/or an increase in the Dark knight (&/or) remaining party's Attacks/Dmg.

Yes, I realize the 1st thing that comes to mind here is "Oh! Exploitable!" But bear with me on this. I feel the HP threshold requirement sufficiently mitigates "exploitation" to a fair degree and the peer pressure involved with actually killing off a member of the party who is of relevant use in the fight would keep "most" people from using this at in-opportune moments. It would also be quite easy to just stick the Drk in a party the tank is not in.

The Pet kill option is possibly more appealing, allowing a near death pet to be put to good use, or in the case of players, channel the lost strength to one last burst of powerful glory for your party! Hence the name, "Blood Sacrifice". The pet option should also not have the HP threshold requirement. As a Smn, I would be more than happy to quickly call out a trash pet and have it sacrificed in this manner, or have it sacrificed after using my relevant BP. A good example of this would be when I call a spirit to Siphon, the Drk could then Blood Sacrifice the spirit, dismissing/killing it for me, in exchange for a boost to him/her or the party thus enhancing the usefulness of multiple jobs, not just one.

As a melee, when I know I am about to die, I know I am about to die. A quick Drk could use that to their advantage in such an instance.

I think the general train of thought on this is an interesting one and could be tinkered with and fine tuned for balance as needed, but the way I stated would be a hell of a lot of fun, and interesting too.
    I think this is a very humerous idea. Seriously I can just imagine all the fun I could have with it, Ukon war says look at me with my 10 k ws's I'm so godly, and bam he's dead by my hands ftw. I appreciate the thought you put into this ability but sadly I could not see something like this being implemented, unless drk had "Minions" which was another suggestion that I will never agree with.

However this type of ability would in fact make it so that smn's elementals could be put to good use. Unfortunately seeing as how ppl are in this game it would be horribly misused as my first example clearly shows. I can see drks who hate bst's and pups just trashing their pets just for the fun of it plus extra dmg.

Your opening statement tho was right on the mark, and never has a more truthful word been said.

Btw love your sig, did you draw it yourself?
    (1)

Character
    Leonstrife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Thanks for the constructive criticism! Haha, I agree it would be lots of fun but yes, very exploitable. I think I would do the very same thing to said War as soon as the chance presented itself. Fun if anything though right? I would like it on smn myself, but I know a Bst and even more so a Pup would have problems with this.

Also no I did not, I got it off a fanart page then shop'd the crown off of these very forums cause I thought it would be cute.
    (0)

Character
    Zyla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    bullshit update is bullshit.
    on another note about SE fearing the KC souleater/bloodweapon zerg: take drk off the list of jobs able to equip it, fixed.
    (0)

all i can say is this "update" is complete shit, ppl have made good solid suggestions, if Se looks at the forums an reads the intelligent ones from long time drks that ARE DRKS (sick of ppl saying go lvl war an shizz) and understand the essential flaw of melle an magic and look at what they are suggesting as fixes towards dding an spellcasting (screw elemental magic, srsly, screw it with a jolly old smile even---or a hatexxxx grimace idc) then implement it

srsly wth at war gettn sneak attack from any angle or w/e
    (0)
    Respect given turns into respect shown.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_Katz View Post

Blood Sacrifice:
    Lv.90

Tired of needing somebody else to maximize my abilities too, Samurai's don't have to.

Have it sacrifice 10% of my hp for a NICE buff.

Having somebody else required to activate my ability I should do it myself.
    (0)

Character
    Sogomi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I'm concerned with what was presented as the FR translation. If this ability is to reduce our TP to 0 and remain there for the duration of the ability then:

Why did I make a Caladbolg? 45% of my damage comes from Torcleaver. The Aftermath raises my total damage output. If this ability makes Torcleaver and its Aftermath useless, why did I go through these Magian trials?

If this ability does not give me more total damage output than a 6-hit Torcleaver build + its Aftermath, why would I use it?

Sacrificing ALL of my TP is not acceptable.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sogomi View Post
    I'm concerned with what was presented as the FR translation. If this ability is to reduce our TP to 0 and remain there for the duration of the ability then:

Why did I make a Caladbolg? 45% of my damage comes from Torcleaver. The Aftermath raises my total damage output. If this ability makes Torcleaver and its Aftermath useless, why did I go through these Magian trials?

If this ability does not give me more total damage output than a 6-hit Torcleaver build + its Aftermath, why would I use it?

Sacrificing ALL of my TP is not acceptable.
    Basically all of this.

It's either we do an extra 1000 damage per 10TP or a Negative Store TP effect in exchange for DMG+%. I'd strongly suggest the former, to make up for our lack of Weapon Skill usage.
    (0)

Character
    Zemzerrett
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Anyone took notice that the proposed SAM ability that increases accuracy and damage of weapon skills, doesn't come with a penalty [increased damage taken]? I reckon in a matter of balance/fairness, the proposed ability should be far more power than the SAM one.
    (0)
    Finishing the work which is not made through thoughtless human conclusion.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    imo the increase magic and ele WS is a nice boost to apoc drks(and who cares about dmg taken when you drain em back evry ws)
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast