Character
    Darriken
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95

Job Adjustment Manifesto

-Use up TP to increase Attack?
    -Increase magic and elemental WS damage?

I think SE is trolling us. At least, i hope so
    (1)

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'll wait to see what TP increase attack, version, did you also see below way below, adjustments to WS.

I wish SE would learn WE ONLY WANT DrK magic, I could care less about the elemental magic crap, only cast it when I am helping out with teir 3 nukes on Yellow Procs.
    (1)
    Last edited by Unctgtg; 07-15-2011 at 10:56 PM.
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yea I already complained in general, screw elemental magic, how hard is it to give us short cast time dark magic that helps out our melee damage or survivability, dread spikes is the only truly awesome spell we have and its highly limited
    (0)

Character
    Armangetto
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    •A new ability that sacrifices TP gain to make attacks more powerful.

To me this sounds like Soul eater ver 2.0, if it stacks with soul eater could be seeing normal hits in the 500 to 1k range?

The thing that worries me is how much is it going to affect tp gain. We are gona have to wait to see how this one pans out.

•A new ability that raises the amount of damage the dark knight takes, but also raises the amount of magic and elemental weapon skill damage it deals.

The only good thing I can see from this one is if raises ALL our magic dmg. If this affects drain and drain 2, then we can drain for more hp. Toss in Neither void for even more hp gain, pop soul eater and start owning things. We could just use it for drain 2 and neither void then turn it off so we wont get affected by the increased dmg. If it only affects elemental magic then its garbage.

The downsides... increased dmg to us, Yay! Like we dont die fast enough at times.... and raise the amount of dmg elemental ws can do? Elemental ws suck. Yes they are gona rework ws but its still going to suck. They should change it to ALL our WS.
    (0)

Character
    Sogomi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I was underwhelmed when I read these example adjustments. I hope by the time the implementation comes we have something suitable.

I wonder if they mean sacrificing all TP gain in order to increase attack, or something that acts as negative-StoreTP or something like Souleater that takes a percentage of TP per swing. The second and third examples may look very similar when observing the TP bar.

Regardless, the attack bonus for this ability needs to be huge since it will slow our weaponskill damage output. 45% of my damage comes from weaponskills. If this ability slows my weaponskill usage it needs to provide a substantial attack bonus in order to break even in total damage output.

You know what I would not mind sacrificing to gain an attack bonus? Elemental magic skill.

I would like to see the ability that increases magic damage. And a lot of new Dark magic spells.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sogomi; 07-16-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I read a new ability that sacrifices TP gain to make attacks more powerful.

So it will prolly add a +DMG% or DMG + to DRK.

If it's +attack tho it's meh...

Magic thing could be hit or miss or just to go up there with tactical parry tho if it's intended for elemental magic i'll be the first to change my sig to Picard /facepalming
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    From what I understand its gonna take from tp like souleater takes from hp, and it will probably not be attack increase seeing as how easy it is to cap attack on drk as is, but then again we are talking about SE here so I wouldn't completely rule it out. After reading one of my original posts about fixing drk I realized I may have had the inspiring idea for the magic boost ability. I suggested a Physical and Magical stance ability set that on the magical side increased magic atk and specifically mentioned a use for magic ws's like herculean. Now I would apologise but seeing as how SE did not take into account any of the balance issues of my original post imma say SE read my post thoroughly before taking parts of it and implementing it, particularly the part about making occult acumen worker better so we can ws more frequently from chainspelling (not rdm 2hr), and of course the decrease to spell cast/recast time.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I really feel SE has run out of ideas to boost DRK's melee potential, without fearing the revival of the Kraken Club Souleater/Blood Weapon Zerg. I wonder if SE has realized at this point that Kraken Club Zerging is dead by now thanks to Empyrean weapons.

According to the French translation concerning the TP-to-damage ability, it will be meant to use all of a DRK's TP down to 0. This is an incredibly backwards idea in terms of Damage potential, unless it does a damage ratio of 1000 damage per 10 TP. Weapon Skills are a part of our Damage Output, so if SE's trying to open up a DoT option for us, it had better not be lackluster. Knowing SE, if it's not implemented well enough, it'll keep us further than the job is at. We basically have to rely on Last Resort to keep up but what happens when that gets dispelled? We're limited to just our melee. Souleater, while now a little more HP-efficient (Stalwart Soul at level 90 is a 50% cut in HP usage is pretty damn good), still has us depending on WHMs to watch our HP, while they have to keep their eyes on the HP of the main tanks and DDs.

I really feel SE can give DRK more options, but the Kraken Club Phobia has to go. A Verethragna MNK/DRK using Souleater with two BRDs (Soul Voice Minuet x2/March x2), a COR and a WHM can do better than probably 3 Kraken Club DRKs these days.
    (1)

Character
    Zoner
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95
    It seems like SE is trying to make us a DoT job, what they fail to realize is most mobs only live 30 secs..and while this TP for added dps is probably gonna give an extra 50-100 per hit, Wars are still gonna be spamming 5k-9k WS
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If they wanted us to fucking cast elemental magic then why didn't they give us Tier IV's AND a job ability.

This is total bullshit, Dark Magic please.

Thanks SE.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast