THF Lv 99
    First batch. More to come.

184 kills with no visible TH procs.
    105 feathers
    57.06% drop rate with TH3

.... discuss.
    (1)

Player
    lol seems like it wasn't just wild onions. They either decreased the drop rate on more stuff/everything to place TH3 in (lol), or maybe TH3 does something completely different than the previous ones, or lol maybe it's broken?

A test synced to lower levels would do us good too i think.
    (0)
    Last edited by Laphine; 08-10-2011 at 02:39 AM.

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I only see 2 options:

1: TH3 is actually just TH2+1
    2: They globally decreased drop rates to balance things with TH3 since TH3 was really only added to keep THF relevant and not to increase the amount of treasure we get.

I'm leaning towards option 1 because option 2 would require a lot of man hours. We need a new TH2 test to compare too >.<
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    1.96*SQRT(.5708*.4292/184) = +/-7.2%
    So we can exclude 69% with 95% confidence.

Wow, this makes me suspect Treasure Hunter III is actually just TH+1 as well. That's a huge blow to THF. Now the validity of your job basically rides on whatever the TH proc system gives you, an effect so weak that it has never been detected. Better start leveling BRD so you can BRD/THF! lol

SE is such a bag of cocks, haha. Seriously? It would have broken the game to give THF another real tier of TH?
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    After thinking about this for a few more minutes, I guess we could ask "What does Treasure Hunter +1 even do?" The options seem to be:
    1) Minor increase in drop rate, on the order of 1/1024
    2) Perhaps normal TH doesn't affect Rare item drop rates, but Treasure Hunter +1 does.
    3) Some other variation of 2.
    4) Gives a percentage chance at a third re-roll, which would ultimately be indistinguishable from 1.
    (0)

Player
    I kinda prefer to illude myself thinking that they did something wrong lol. A simple +1 is really messed up...

As to make it 1%, shouldn't it be 10/1024 there Byrth? or do you think TH+1 is actually +0.1%? lol
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    2: They globally decreased drop rates to balance things with TH3 since TH3 was really only added to keep THF relevant and not to increase the amount of treasure we get.
    Could just level sync to a level where you only get TH2 to test this.
    Edit: Did you count coli beaks too?
    (0)
    Last edited by noodles355; 08-10-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Could some items have a "Cap" to increased drop rate? Hell could all items have some "Cap" to maximum TH Effectiveness?

I'm proposing a question i know would be hell to test... I'd do level 75 sync first, kill another batch of colibri and check their drop rate...

I'll save my judgement on this for the time being... I don't want to be angry about THF anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laphine View Post
    I kinda prefer to illude myself thinking that they did something wrong lol. A simple +1 is really messed up...

As to make it 1%, shouldn't it be 10/1024 there Byrth? or do you think TH+1 is actually +0.1%? lol
    I was thinking 1/1024 or 1/256. The reason I think this is because of our other model of TH. If TH+1 increased drop rate additively, TH1/TH2 would magnify the effect and we should be able to pick it out instead of consistently not seeing a damned difference, lol.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Could just level sync to a level where you only get TH2 to test this.
    Edit: Did you count coli beaks too?
    I was thinking I could just ???/THF.

I did count beaks but I didn't note when they dropped on a TH4 kill. I'm keeping a count of TH4 kills separate so I can post numbers on that when I get a few hundred. (Currently I only have 26 ;_; ). I wanted to keep tracking the TH4 drops as simple as possible.

One other number I was able to come up with while doing this was a 5~% proc rate on my relic damage hidden effect. There had been some talk of increased proc rates but I don't know if that had been debunked yet.

I had 32 procs in 2052 swings. Adjusting for 19% Triple attack 13% double attack and dual wield (Relic damage can't proc on the 2nd or 3rd hit of multi-attack rounds or off hand swings) I came up with 665~ procable swings. If someone more mathy wants to check that, please do.

I'll do another 200 or so kills tomorrow.
    (1)

Page 41 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast