Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Job Adjustments manifesto Discussion

So a lot seemed interesting, some seemed pointless, then there was this

A new ability that raises the amount of damage the dark knight takes, but also raises the amount of magic and elemental weapon skill damage it deals.

no...no no no no no.........easily the worst idea posted

DNC triple attack is pretty awesome though
    (7)

Character
    Fearforever
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Ninja StoreTP? yes please!
    (0)

Character
    Khayn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 92
    so this might be the right time to point out some issues regarding puppetmaster that as of today we haven't heard even a "hey guys we know, we are looking into it", so, to any of the forum mods that have any kind of contact with the dev team, please listen, the AI of the automaton needs some serious work, it prioritizes -na status removal instead of curing the master, it cast silence on non casting mobs Ex: crabs, those are two of the most latent issues unresolved since job came out years ago, seeing as this is a discussion on the job manifesto thing, and i dont see anywhere on the puppetmaster section anything about fixing the AI, even better, not just fixing, improving it! wich would make the world of difference with the job.

as a side note and on topic: as a personal suggestion on the puppetmaster job, give a real purpouse on changing physical damage frames, as of now, harlequin has no real purpouse, valoredge is nowhere near a tank, and cant compete with sharpshot for pure damage, so if we want physical damage, sharpshot it is, on the magic side we could use some differentiation also but is not as urgent as on the physical side. but on that matter, maybe haste for the soulsoother frame and better enfeebles for the stormwaker frame?
    (5)
    --- Viva Mexico ---

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    A new ability that raises the amount of damage the dark knight takes, but also raises the amount of magic and elemental weapon skill damage it deals.

no...no no no no no.........easily the worst idea posted
    Too many DRKs underestimate the potential and consistency of Infernal Scythe. Depending on how ambitious the change is, it could be a very potent tool on physically resistant mobs. And if nukes let you pump out T4s at T3 costs, I wouldn't bitch.

As is, my stake's more on RDM. More enfeebles has the potential to be good. Further tweaking current enfeebles could also be promising. However, without specifics, I can't be hopeful. Claiming RDMs also make our party members demi-gods is folly, as we require /WHM or /SCH to even cast some on others.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Example Adjustments

Adding new ability that would allow warriors to change a weapon's damage type (slashing/blunt/piercing) during combat.
    Adding a new ability that would ensure the next melee attack lands a critical hit.
    So full of win!

Also, my whm likes the idea of Charmna, and my blu likes the idea of learning spells from HNMs!
    (3)

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Vision
    Puppetmasters feel comfortable in almost any type of role thanks to their automatons, but countless hours of research is needed to create the perfect puppet to deal with various and sundry situations.

We want to bring out the unique characteristics inherent in each automaton via creative new attachments as well as abilities that extract the potential latent in each frame.

Example Adjustments

Introducing an assortment of new attachments.
    Adding an ability that restores an automaton's HP.
    Fixing the Automotons Broken AI
    Fixed that for you... seriously...
    (7)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    So full of win!

Also, my whm likes the idea of Charmna, and my blu likes the idea of learning spells from HNMs!
    Love how they still only give blus adding new blu magic, we were told of the HNM spells when abyssea was new so nothing new there.
    (0)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Too many DRKs underestimate the potential and consistency of Infernal Scythe. Depending on how ambitious the change is, it could be a very potent tool on physically resistant mobs. And if nukes let you pump out T4s at T3 costs, I wouldn't bitch.

As is, my stake's more on RDM. More enfeebles has the potential to be good. Further tweaking current enfeebles could also be promising. However, without specifics, I can't be hopeful. Claiming RDMs also make our party members demi-gods is folly, as we require /WHM or /SCH to even cast some on others.
    I'd still bitch, infernal scythe is crap outside brew, and I have Quietus why would I want to use it, I want Quietus to be a competitive WS

and as I said on Alla, DRKs dont want to cast elemental magic, we want Dark magic with short cast times that boosts our overall damage, absorb haste would be a good start (though I realize DRK already has some of the best haste access of any job)

if I wanted to cast elemental magic, my BLM wouldnt be level 1

so though I cant speak for all DRKs, most of the ones I know play the job so they can smack things with a scythe, magic should be supplemental for DRK, updates trying to push it to the forefront take away from whats fun about DRK
    (6)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Cait Sith and Atomos
    is win for SMN!!!
    (0)

Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    COR may finally get an update it needs and lets hope SCH can ga reraise or warp after this since they are aiming at making them 'absolute masters of their art' ! ! ! which should mean new tier of Cure as well!!! cure V YAY!!!!

"We wish for scholars to further their education in order to become absolute masters of their art, and the latter stages of their research will produce skills comparable to those of a white or black mage whose spells may take time to cast, but compensate with both the bliss and destruction they beget."

any blm with elemental celerity will ALWAYS cast before any SCH unless they use alacrity... so how do blm's 'take time to cast' . . . /sigh lol

anyways lots of goodies to look forward to still,
    3 phantom rolls yay!!!

please add a single target roll for COR as well like pianissimo for BRD - would be very nice SE thanks!!
    (2)

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast