Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Don't forget to use the dev tags!

Hey everyone,

Hvinire here with an important reminder!

We're wading knee-deep in your comments and feedback on all the "In Development" forum announcements. We certainly appreciate the time you've taken to voice your thoughts on each subject.

I wanted to take a moment though to remind you that we're using a system that allows us to capture your comments efficiently so that we can report all of your feedback to the development staff on a daily basis--a system named "dev tags".

Please be sure to utilize the "dev tag" system when commenting on subjects from the "In Development" forum. While we endeavor to read all your feedback in any form it arrives, the "dev tag" posts help us categorize your thoughts quickly and accurately.
    • As the "In Development" forum threads indicate:
      "To hold a discussion and/or submit feedbacks on [each] topic, please use "dev****" as a tag"
    • Look for your topic of interest in the "In Development" forum here.
    • Check for the "dev tag" number, a four (4) digit number. When posting a new thread, put the "dev****" in the "Tags:" field under the post body, replacing the "*" with the correct four (4) digit number.
    • Fill in the appropriate title and body text and preview your post to ensure it's accurate. Then post away!
    • NOTE: to clarify, the correct use of the "dev tag" system means putting the correct "dev****" in the tag field below the body of your post, not adding it to the title line of your thread.

As updates arrive from the dev team, new tags will be generated for each relevant topic. You can find info on the related update info as well as the tags associated with them by viewing threads in the UPDATES categories subforums: "In Development", "Testing in Progress", and "Version Updates"

Let us know if you have any questions, it can be confusing at first, but we're happy to assist you through this process.

We're looking forward to more feedback from the playing community! Thank you and enjoy the forums!
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Hey everyone,

Hvinire here with an important reminder!

We're wading knee-deep in your comments and feedback on all the "In Development" forum announcements. We certainly appreciate the time you've taken to voice your thoughts on each subject.

I wanted to take a moment though to remind you that we're using a system that allows us to capture your comments efficiently so that we can report all of your feedback to the development staff on a daily basis--a system named "dev tags".

Please be sure to utilize the "dev tag" system when commenting on subjects from the "In Development" forum. While we endeavor to read all your feedback in any form it arrives, the "dev tag" posts help us categorize your thoughts quickly and accurately.

• As the "In Development" forum threads indicate:
    • Look for your topic of interest in the "In Development" forum here.
    • Check for the "dev tag" number, a four (4) digit number. When posting a new thread, put the "dev****" in the "Tags:" field under the post body, replacing the "*" with the correct four (4) digit number.
    • Fill in the appropriate title and body text and preview your post to assure it's accurate. Then post away!

Let us know if you have any questions, it can be confusing at first, but we're happy to assist you through this process.

We're looking forward to more feedback from the playing community! Thank you and enjoy the forums!
    Can you give an example post so we know what it should look like?
    (0)

example of appropriate "dev tag" system use

Thankfully your fellow players already have:
    • Forum Top > English Forums > DISCUSSION > General Discussion > Dynamis Reborn!
      In this example, the original poster (OP) used the "dev tag" correctly by putting it in the "tag" field when making their post
    • Forum Top > English Forums > DISCUSSION > General Discussion > [dev1000] Dynamis Reborn!
      In this example the OP used the "dev tag" correctly by putting it in the "tag" field when making their post, but also put it in the thread title. The latter isn't necessary but doesn't hurt.

Also you don't have to put the title associated with the tag verbatim, feel free to rephrase the title of your thread to a brief description of your viewpoint or thought.
    (0)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Let me give it a try! I posted an idea earlier in the week that received some positive feedback from some of the player base regarding seal acquisition for +1 Empyrean Armor. I will post it shortly.

Thank you Hvinire for the example! I will put it to good use as soon as possible!
    (0)

Character
    Sevokevo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Here is a Very great way to show what they mean!

(0)

Signature and Avatar By Lyali

Can we make our own threads up or can we only choose from the specified topics made by you???.....Forum Top > English Forums > DISCUSSION > General Discussion > xxxxxxx
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I fail to see what specifically makes a DEV tag right to use? What's to keep people from putting a tag on everything they post? What makes my [DEV1000] different from some one elses [DEV1000]? How do I know that I'm supposed to use [DEV1204] on something instead of [DEV1096]?
    (0)
    Last edited by Tsukino_Kaji; 03-11-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I fail to see what specifically makes a DEV tag right to use? What's to keep people from putting a tag on everything they post? What makes my [DEV1000] different from some one elses [DEV1000]? How do I know that I'm supposed to use [DEV1204] on something instead of [DEV1096]?
    The Dev tags are used when you are posting or making a new thread about an already posted Dev topic. So if you wanted to talk about the Dynamis changes you would use Dev1000 in the tags in the post. This is so the Devs can search and see that your post is specifically about the Dynamis changes they are working on.

In all likelihood, Dev/Mods read the entire forum, but some of the threads aren't really important for Dev changes (e.g. all of the XP threads), so it helps them prioritize your responses.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    On another note. What's to keep people from abusing them for attention grabbing purposes? I see this as a good way for complainers to look self important.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So here it is agian, teh thread titled "[DEV1003] Adjustments to Empyrean Seal Acquisition." What makes 1003 the right one to use? And if the MODs started it first, wouldn't that mean we can't start anything new?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast