Character
    Artefact
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90

Twashtar (85) Rudra's Storm damage

Hello everyone,

I recently got a twashtar, and I must admit, I'm pretty annoyed by rudra's storm damage.

With SA or TA, dmg goes from 2k to 4k on NM and from 3k to 5k on normal mob, which is pretty good.

BUT w/o SA or TA my dmg goes from 600 to 1000 on NM and from 600 to 1400 on normal mob (17 dmg being my best record ).

I'm using RR and Omnipotent for dex boost, I got like 300 dex with ws gear and atma, but dmg seems do not want to up.

Does anyone got the same problem? what atma do you use? what gear?
    (0)

Player
    Well you have to understand that Rudra's Storm doesn't crit naturally. This automatically makes it "sucky" considering this super crit age. SA/TA, of course, will make it suck less, and actually, stacked rudra should average better than stacked evis even if you are using a high crit rate combo such as RR+GH.

I haven't checked omnipotent's performance since the crit damage update. I've been pretty much using Razed ruins/sanguine scythe/apocalypse ever since.

edit: oh, and it should be ok to solo rudra outside abyssea. Its output is very close to DE/Evis and we get the aftermath to boot.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Use Fusetto +2 TP bonus 100 in the off hand with smiting blow for tp bonus. I haven't finished my own testing to know whether or not this set up is going to win out over triplus offhand + different atma, but the 200 tp bonus ups your RS damage considerably. I'm pretty certain off handing triplus and spamming evis wins out by a million miles if you can't SA reliably, however.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Khary
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm under the impression that the Fussetto +2 daggers do NOT work on offhand, they must be main handed
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khary View Post
    I'm under the impression that the Fussetto +2 daggers do NOT work on offhand, they must be main handed
    That's incorrect. Here's a link.
    (0)

Character
    Khary
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Oooooooooo, I'm so happy to see this! Thx very much, I think it's time to make one of those~
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    That's incorrect. Here's a link.
    This must have been changed recently because I did the exact same test when I got my fusetto +2 months ago and had no increase in damage.

EDIT: Now that I think about it I only tested the +10% ws damage offhand before I upgraded it to the tp bonus fusetto and assumed it didn't work offhand either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Insaniac; 07-21-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yeah, the WS damage ones don't work offhand, but the TP Bonus ones do. I was topping out around 1.7k for unstacked 100TP Rudra's in Dynamis on the EP Trash mobs, and 3k with Climactic Flourish. It's nice to be able to take the Orc NMs from 80% to 0% in a self-skillchain. Charmga, see ya!
    (0)