Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    Trolololololol

Seriously, no real war gives a damn about any ws other than ukko's fury.
    -----------------
    ^^ Well you know I give a damn about'em Leon!

I bet I could post damage numbers on every other hard hitting weapon a WAR can wield that comes within a few hundread or at the most maybe a thousand of what Ukko's can do outside Abyssea. I could probably post great moderate damage on Hand-to-hand as well. That's Sword, Staff(already posted this video), Scythe, Polearm, Dagger, Club, Axe, Great Sword, and even toss in some Archery on /RNG.

Call it a challenge if you like, but I think it's necessary to show and prove what I've been saying all this time about the potential of WARs sub weapons is true. I'm not trying to disprove one bit that Great Axe isn't the Optimal choice for dealing damage on WAR, but only trying to validate what most don't seem to understand about our other weapons. They're not meant to be "better" than our main weapon since that wouldn't make sense at all, but rather, they're testaments of our versatility and expertise with other weapons in the game.

A WAR by design can, should they wish to do so, select any of the weapons in their arsenal and dish out moderate to high damage numbers consistently. The "choice" to do so is there, which is unique in that no other job in the game can exercise the same freedoms. I'm more excited about the "reworking" of all weaponskills game-wide than I am about new weaponskills to be honest lol. Ukko's is a beast of a WS and it will most likely remain so for a while to come, so with it's damage safe where it is, that leaves the window open to experiment with other weapons. I just find it very entertaining to switch it up sometimes to see how far I can push my limits. Sadly, few WARs actually believe the same, which is fine of course, but they're missing out on a large part of what the DEVs designed WAR to excel at and that just means they're only partly playing the job in regards to it's potential.

This isn't a means to argue anything, so I'll just start gathering videos over time to post. All damage will be outside Abyssea numbers. Since I have my Staff video done, I'll post that 1st, but the others will follow soon.
    Staff
    • Sword
    • Great Sword
    • Polearm
    • Club
    • Scythe
    • Dagger
    • Archery
    • Hand-to-Hand
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 08-21-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    Staff
    All I see from this video is that on a mob 11-14 mobs below your level, using zerk, aggressor, warcry and warriors charge, a 300%tp full swing does reasonable damage. Perhaps if you did some at 100%tp, and some without full buffs... and don't forget to include a video of Ukko's Fury on the same mobs, and with/without all the buffs too.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Those Manticores are tough skined, and make great test dummies even for Ukko's at our lvl 90. They have enough HP that you can't really One Shot them at the start of the battle even using Ukko's Fury (though you can get really close), so they make great targets even though they are a few lvls below 90. The point is, the damage done on these targets buffed or not (which by the way based on the WS being used is a secondary thought to the point I'm trying to make), show the potential our sub weapons hold once used the right way.

Like Atonement, you know some WS's aren't really designed to be spammed at 100 TP for the best results, but rather charged and then released to do the most damage. Which isn't all that bad for a WAR that knows how to stack +TP gain gear and rocket to 300 TP in a few seconds. Again, the challenge at hand with these vids are to show great dmg numbers with a WARs "Sub Weapons" that everyone says we shouldn't care about other than for "triggering in Abyssea". I think everyone already knows and understands the potential of a Ukon and the damage it can shelve out, and I'm not arguing that potential one bit, so there's not really a need for a comparison video since just about any WAR with a Ukon can post their monster GA damage numbers.

In the end, I just want to open the eyes of those that truly believe WAR shouldn't care about their Sub Weapon choices and test and really build around their potentials. The WAR job is a brilliant design in that it has a wonderfully rewarding system in terms of a player pushing the limits of all the things available to the job. I have GS and Sword coming up next.
    (0)

Player
    Instead of that. Don't get me wrong but it be better too just say hey give WAR dual wield like dnc,thf,NIN ^^
    (0)

why give me a good reason war needs dual wield i mean a single instance in were dual wielding anything would come clost to topping Ukon / Ukko's. you cant its mathematically impossible why? because the dmg difference is way to massive.
    (0)

Character
    Squeejee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    If WHM are suppose to be master of Clubs why do PLDs have higher club skill >_>?
    Why does DRK have higher Elemental Magic skill than RDM? DRK Should get Tier V spells!1
    (1)

Character
    Tripphacker
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Oh Eco, finally nice to meet someone who thinks that giving another job something from White Mage is going to toss them off their throne. Feel free to leave your Refresh (and light arts.) at the door, because you know. That's Red Mage, and Scholar the same jobs your job taboos from getting anything from. ;x Just sayin'.

As for Warrior, why not? Let's just give them a JA that clearly gives them every WS in the game without needing the weapon. I'm serious, cause that'll go well with all the other jobs as well, right? Well, I'll do you one better then!
    SE, I want Warrior to get every single JA whether relevant to the job or not, including the JTs. To top it off, I also want it to have a job ability that dispenses tradeable brews that work in and outside of Abyssea. Oh and the JA, feel free to add in all the 2hrs in the game as well. I mean mobs in some cases can have three jobs at once. Why can't warrior? I mean we're lacking in every compartment right? Our damage is piss poor, our defense is piss poor, our HP is piss poor. Oh wait.
    Long story short. You start off by asking one thing, where does it stop?
    More WSes and native to Katana and Great Katana. (From another thread.)

To top it all off, to the white mage who thinks giving up one thing would completely destroy the job.
    White mage isn't as fragile as it looks. I'm trying to be civil however, I don't know how many times I've face palmed whilst reading this thread.

Don't be such a melodramatic martyr, it doesn't suit you. You sound intelligent however, you're doing it wrong.
    Again, if you feel so strongly about it, don't sub Red Mage nor Scholar.

With that I think Paladin should get Hexa Strike, Cure V AND Cure VI AND Cure VII and White Mage shouldn't get Cure VII. Why? Because Paladin might get knocked off it's tanking throne.

(Not hard at all to derail a thread, and not hard at all to make a job look like it's on it's last breath, now is it?)

However, to end this post on a serious note, I'd believe that if any job were to get Swift Blade it would be Blue Mage. (Unfortunately.) In because that's it's main weapon. In because Warrior can already wield more then enough weapons, and make up for the lack of WSes via being able to use said weapons. (It's unfortunately how it is in this game, you give up something to be able to do something else.) Berserk? Give up defense for attack, Defender? The opposite, aggressor? Evasion down for accuracy up. Counterstance? Lowers defence down to double digits and increases countering. Get where I'm going with this? So simply just because you don't have a certain thing, it's because it's being made up in another aspect. In Warrior's account, being versatile in multiple weapons, but not being able to fully utilize them as the main job would.
    (0)
    BRD/RNG paving the way since lolrdm can't have lolcurev because lolwhm/drg would cry itself to sleep each night.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4