Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    "Slippery slope" Argument? For a moment i almost swear you were typing "Gay marriage? Whats next? Beastiality" slippery slope arguments are stupid and unfounded rampant speculation, You know that Econ..
    I know it is a slipper slope argument. That said, SE gave Scholar -na spells and Raise/Reraise II and ever since they've been trying to get Haste and Cure V.

Also, if you are gonna point out a fallacy, don't make one in the same statement you are pointing one out.

Outside of that i have no comments, WHM melee is a toy
    Pretty powerful toy.

and as far as WHM and Mjollnir etc go, SMN is on Claustrum, and has access to no Exclusive/special Staff WS, Can't explain that!
    Staff jobs currently have to sub a more melee oriented class to get access. Explained.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I know it is a slipper slope argument. That said, SE gave Scholar -na spells and Raise/Reraise II and ever since they've been trying to get Haste and Cure V.

Also, if you are gonna point out a fallacy, don't make one in the same statement you are pointing one out.
    Explain?!

Still a toy. I know its pretty powerful toy, But WHM is not a DD, It can do as well enough for sure (I dont wanna invoke the wrath of those WHM melee, they scare me). I just see no harm in giving Hexa to PLD. Its not like that would suddenly be the nail in the coffin to WHM >_>

And also, I'm pretty sure the person you're posting has Mjollnir. If we're comparing relic DD..

Staff jobs currently have to sub a more melee oriented class to get access. Explained.
    Then why can't i sub WHM and get hexa hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Also way to miss the joke!

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bill-o...t-explain-that
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-18-2011 at 04:01 AM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Then why can't i sub WHM and get hexa hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Some things just can be subbed, and some things should be exclusive to certain classes. Why can't a Paladin sub White Mage for Afflatus Misery (I condone this) when it would be incredibly useful? Why doesn't Red Mage get Endark and Enlight? Why doesn't X get Y?

White Mage is supposed to be the master of the Club. In any class based game, developers will forgo easy balance decisions and traditional roles to make certain classes have an image. Look and feel are as important as balance. When Paladin used to use a Staff instead of the Sword and Shield that is the main image of a Paladin, SE had to buff Shield.
    (1)

Some things just can be subbed, and some things should be exclusive to certain classes. Why can't a Paladin sub White Mage for Afflatus Misery (I condone this) when it would be incredibly useful? Why doesn't Red Mage get Endark and Enlight? Why doesn't X get Y?

White Mage is supposed to be the master of the Club. In any class based game, developers will forgo easy balance decisions and traditional roles to make certain classes have an image. Look and feel are as important as balance. When Paladin used to use a Staff instead of the Sword and Shield that is the main image of a Paladin, SE had to buff Shield.
    If WHM are suppose to be master of Clubs why do PLDs have higher club skill >_>?

FYI you are incredibly too serious about this. You seem to be missing obvious trickery!
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If WHM are suppose to be master of Clubs why do PLDs have higher club skill >_>?

FYI you are incredibly too serious about this. You seem to be missing obvious trickery!
    Paladin does not have a higher club skill then White Mage, and if it did, White Mages would be incredibly touchy about it and pretend it didn't.
    (0)

ehehehe bet you'd think i wouldn't see that joke huh!

Well i did. Can't trick me!
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Paladin does not have a higher club skill then White Mage, and if it did, White Mages would be incredibly touchy about it and pretend it didn't.
    BST gets A+ in axe, WAR gets A-, we get the same WS's.

WHM gets B+ in club, PLD gets A-. See: http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Club

WHM gets Hexa Strike, PLD gets useless trash, other than True Strike, which can occasionally spike to ~3k with Crit Dmg+ atma.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    BST gets A+ in axe, WAR gets A-, we get the same WS's.

WHM gets B+ in club, PLD gets A-. See: http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Club
    Woosh

(2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    WHM gets Hexa Strike, PLD gets useless trash, other than True Strike, which can occasionally spike to ~3k with Crit Dmg+ atma.
    SE wants Paladin to use a sword, and White Mage to use a club. If you argue that Paladin would already use a sword, then they do not need a buff to another weapon, as they are already powerful enough.

Look and feel is as important as balance. SE wanted Paladin to use a sword and a shield. SE wanted White Mage to use clubs. If Paladin having a slightly better combat skill rank in club is disrupting this look and feel, perhaps that should be addressed, rather then give away one the the unique features of White Mage to another class.

How would Paladin feel if another job was a better tank then it in 90% of situations? Oh right. We know how that is. Let's not to that to a function of another class, no matter how dismissive people are of that function.
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    SE wants Paladin to use a sword, and White Mage to use a club. If you argue that Paladin would already use a sword, then they do not need a buff to another weapon, as they are already powerful enough.

Look and feel is as important as balance. SE wanted Paladin to use a sword and a shield. SE wanted White Mage to use clubs. If Paladin having a slightly better combat skill rank in club is disrupting this look and feel, perhaps that should be addressed, rather then give away one the the unique features of White Mage to another class.

How would Paladin feel if another job was a better tank then it in 90% of situations? Oh right. We know how that is. Let's not to that to a function of another class, no matter how dismissive people are of that function.
    This is all completely subjective, and has nothing to do with WHM or PLD.

I wanted WAR to use a GA in 2004, but no one would invite a WAR w/ a GA because WAR w/ Dual Wield Axes was simply better. People may want RNG to use a Crossbow, but SE hasn't even made a relevant crossbow since lvl 75.

WHM is a healer, but gets an amazing WS. PLD is a tank, and is stuck with CDC or go home, making it harder and harder to justify using a PLD as a tank in comparison to jobs that can get the job done and twice as fast.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast