Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    The Future of Nyzul

Even though the version update just took place, the development team is hard at work on planning content adjustments for the future. I managed to check out their plans for Nyzul and though I couldn’t get any specifics since they are still in the planning phases, they did mention some ideas about their direction:
    • New addition for high level characters
    Please note that this is not an adjustment to existing content! We are planning to add a whole new Nyzul targeted towards high levels. We will be sure to prepare the appropriate rewards and difficult monsters.

• Addition of new elements following the current system
    We’re planning to add new elements to stimulate the experience of the existing Nyzul assault.
    We will be continuing to look into this, so please give your feedback and we will let you know more specifics as the development team progresses!
    Interesting, I look forward to it. like others said there really needs to be a fix to Alexandrites.
    (1)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I enjoyed nyzul, I just hope the new 99 ws are obtained the same way the nyzul ones. Nyzul teir 2 ws.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eradius View Post
    Please give us an alternative source of Alexandrite in the form of Nyzul.
    Even though I'm not aiming for a mythic, I would like to see this happen as well. As it is now, the economy for Alexandrite is very low, so adding Alexandrite to these new Nyzul Isle missions would help extremely to stimulate distribution for it, in my opinion (as well as everyone else's).
    (1)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 09-24-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Ideally the main rewards that are featured for it should be available via a points system like Assault.
    But it won't be because a random reward schedule is the most effective form of operant conditioning. If you think low rate random drops are a huge part of MMOs because MMO developers are stupid or just sadistic you are mistaken. Random drops are used because they they are the most effective way to addict players to your game.

Although written as a comedy article everything in the article linked below is completely true.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461...-addicted.html
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    NO MORE *** LAMPS IN THE NEW ONE PLEASE.
    The only thing easier than lamps is a free floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Erecia View Post

* beating a boss seemed to only have roughly a 50% chance of dropping an armor piece. I don't know what you guys do to balance drop rates, but it was pretty disheartening to have a group cleverly solve all of nyzul's challenges and beat the boss in time and get nothing. Either a guaranteed drop of something or having all armor drop independently so sometimes you get nothing but other times you might get 2 or 3 if you're lucky would be okay. But I don't know what you have planned for new gear rewards so it's hard to give feedback on that
    The only way that would work would be to revert to the old system of clearing the disk when you beat the boss. Being able to spam the boss every day with guaranteed armor drops would mean you'd be done with it in a week.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 09-24-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    The only thing easier than lamps is a free floor.

The only way that would work would be to revert to the old system of clearing the disk when you beat the boss. Being able to spam the boss every day with guaranteed armor drops would mean you'd be done with it in a week.
    Yes and no.

Clearly the reward system shouldn't be guaranteed, but also it shouldn't be VWNM stingy. There NEEDS to be a consistent reward given, otherwise it's just a skinners box which is disgusting.
    (0)

Player
    Random drops are used because they they are the most effective way to addict players to your game.
    But in fact they aren't because unlike mice in a Skinner box, humans are capable of foresight and judgement. Players who think its insulting and laughable to get rewarded by a random number generator will shun the content, criticize, suggest changes, or quit. Its worth considering what is in actuality more profitable in the long term.
    (1)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    And yet we've had tons of fun with casting lots since the game's released.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Erecia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Not necessarily. Salvage bosses ALWAYS dropped two 25 armor pieces. Einherjar's Odin always dropped two body abjurations. Not knowing anything about new Nyzul, we don't know if armor will drop in completed form from new bosses or not. Heck, it might go all magian trials on us, upgrading pieces from old nyzul with seals dropped from new bosses. I dunno. I'm much more a fan of slow and steady progress than random luck and bring a THF.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Yes and no.

Clearly the reward system shouldn't be guaranteed, but also it shouldn't be VWNM stingy. There NEEDS to be a consistent reward given, otherwise it's just a skinners box which is disgusting.
    But the skinner box makes the most sense from a business perspective. A consistent reward rather that a random one is actually counter productive to SE's profits.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast