Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

BST the forgotten job? (new JA's)

since the level cap increase bst only got stout servant, fencer (pretty useless due to the fact that 95% of the bst are using sub dnc or nin for dual wield anyway) and wide scan V job traits.

for pet commands was only spur added.

okay we have 13 new pets, but well we can use only 1 at a time :x

pups and summoner's have gotten so many new things in the last year. now i think is time that bst gets something usefull for pets.

JA-"x" (needs a name):
    recast time: 2 minutes
    duration: 1 minute
    effect: weakens the target (mob) against all or specific (based on pet) killer effects, this results in 10% intimidation rate & gives to ppl/pets with (the specific) killer effects a 5% direct dmg boost.
    intimidation rate stacks with natural rate by pet / job traits.

JA-"total rage":
    recast time: 5 minutes
    duration: 5 minutes
    effect: gives pet 2-5% haste, increases crit hit rate/crit dmg,increases acc/att.
    lowers pet's evasion/defense/magic defense/magic evasion.

JA-"total defense":
    recast time: 5 minutes
    duration: 5 minutes
    effect: gives pet 2-5% slow effect, increases evasion/defense/magic defense/magic evasion.
    lowers pet's accuracy/attack/crit rate/crit dmg.

now let us be master of beasts pls

Edit: "total rage" and "total defense" don't share the same timer and only one of them can beup at a time.
    Edit2: the strenght of "total rage" and "total defense" depends on the beastmasters level.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alukat; 07-13-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Bst is not the only forgotten. Last level increase Pup got 0 Ja and traits. Besides new weaponskills and a few useless attachments, most of what pup got were fixes that should have happened years ago.
    (0)

@.,@
    -----
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SE
    A new ability to call forth pets that, like the avatars Odin and Alexander, immediately use their characteristic ability then disappear.
    we are becoming SMNs now?
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I don't really think BST is a "forgotten" job. We've still got a bunch of gear and such too that has come to us on the side. Maybe on JAs/JTs we're lacking a bit, I don't deny that, but we still have been given plenty.

Examples:

1) Sky Augment gear. Since I saw this coming out I thought it would just be skill or stats or something, and then I found a pic on FFXIAH that showed E.feet with Call Beast Delay-7, Pet: Haste +4/DEF+10, mind was totally blown. Currently working on making these but with little luck... so far my best augments have been Pet: Haste+2/DEF+5. While that's not a bad augment at all, I want my Delay- and more haste. DX

My point here is that they're adding stuff that's pet-general, but in this case it's pure BST since WAR/DRK won't be using pets and they're the only other jobs that can equip these. Can't think of any off the top of my head, but it's not like we're being totally shoved aside.

2) New Pet Foods - Sure, they've only put in one new one (Pet Food Eta) but at the same time, that gave us a huge survivability boost for our pets as compared to the last. Yes, it's not so good when we want to keep in DG's "HP < 50%" range, but there's more than just Abyssea out there, y'know. I love soloing Dynamis, Sea, and Sky for different items (Working on Faith Torque right now, for example) and since I don't have that 50% restriction, I can just heal for more as needed.

3) New Pets - Sure, we can only have one out at a time, but with all of the timer reductions and such, we're able to adapt to situations as needed. For example, if I find something is too accurate for Yuly, I can switch to NurseryNazuna or Fargann (love his resistances at times) to make up for those weaknesses. The variety allows BST to be much more flexible at times.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to add more to BST; I'd love to see tier II Killer traits, or maybe something more along the lines of a few JAs that give your pet Haste or something. But on the other hand, BST is far from forgotten, in my eyes.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    DG atma, yeah right, thx for the reminder that i need to get it.I should spend more time in abyssea as in dynamis/sky & limbus.
    so we've got adaman sollerets augments & suzaku's sune-ate augments and beside this? nothing......

got cooking 100 and synergyzed the stall with synergy 26, oops bad mistake because i can't get synergy to 80 now, highest as far as i could see is 75 :x. this reduces the chance for good augments.

many jobs have JA's to increase defensive or offensive abilities and bst got nothing.
    so while most jobs can increase their strength via JA's + gear, we bsts can only increase it via gear.

that's why some offensive/defensive JA's would be neat.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat View Post
    we are becoming SMNs now?
    That was my responce. "What? We get astral flow?"
    (0)

the first ability already exists. Its called Killer instinct and its actually stronger than your version.

and as for your second and third suggestions- If these did get implemented i would barely get to use them. Sacrificing defense for offense would only be viable against weak mobs, and i don't exactly need any new JA's to help me kill weak mobs. So all i see that JA doing is increasing my pet supply cost for the week.

And sacrificing offense for defense would only be useful in the few times when bad luck caused the pet to take too much dmg too quickly. And i already have several ways to handle this situation. I can let the pet die and call a new pet. I can use my 2 hour for a short hp boost to last til next reward. I can use a dawn mussy to last til the next reward. I can kite the monster. Or i can intentionally pull hate onto myself to stall out my reward timer.
    So this added defense isnt really needed. And as far as fulltiming this defense boost, it isnt worth the loss of offensive potential.

The 75+ updates have been extremely kind to bst. You can try to downplay it all you want, but bst's strength skyrocketed. And i hope for these boosts to continue, but i would rather not get anything at all, than get impotent filler JA's like this. There is plenty of real problems that bsts want tweaked. Like pet AI, overhaul of sic/ready (things like Skillchains with pets), claim issues, pet item supplies, pet item costs, overhauld 2 hour, proper final 99 jug selection. We don't need filler abilities that aren't useful at all, just so we feel like we got something.
    (0)

Character
    Kvana
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    What about spell casting pets? like the crabs in Walk of Echoes :P
    (1)