Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Habiki View Post
    I'm not so sure about this someone posted some testing in one of the threads that showed the tp bonus weapons made through magian trials do increase weaponskill damage but you still only get aftermath for the tp you visually have.

If I remember right testing was done as BST with Farsha and Renaud's axe +2 with tp bonus +100.
    That probably worked because they are both axes...so it picked up an axe WS and applied the bonus. This may be something SE eventually addresses if that TP bonus weapon is in the offhand and applying--might change it so it has to be in main hand.

Think the argument was for equipping a bow on SAM and getting the WS bonus from the bow when a WS was done on the main hand weapon. In this case, it should not be applying a TP bonus trait that's on a bow to a GK WS, but only to a Bow WS.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Technically you could macro it in for a Weaponskill. As switching your Ammo does not cause you to lose TP, Even if it dequips a Ranged slot item like the Animator. When you re-quip your animator you will however lose the ~18TP from your Weaponskill. Probably not worth it.
    Animator+1 has DEX+4. Demonry Core has DEX+4. No point there.
    So what you are replacing is Pet:HP+60 (when on Valoredge) for Pet:Accuracy+4, then have to Tactical Switch TP to maton, switch to Animator+1 and finally issue new maneuvers.

Honestly, ammo slot items should be equipable whatever the ranged slot holds, with the possible exception of actual ranged weapon + throwing ammo. (Otherwise it would be possible to dual equip ranged attacks by equiping a Boomerang in ranged and Shuriken in ammo.)

BRD could then use a Harp and an Orphic Egg, PUP Animator+1 and Demonry Core or even Animator+1 and Throwing Knives x99.
    (0)

Player
    I'm not so sure about this someone posted some testing in one of the threads that showed the tp bonus weapons made through magian trials do increase weaponskill damage but you still only get aftermath for the tp you visually have.

If I remember right testing was done as BST with Farsha and Renaud's axe +2 with tp bonus +100.
    No, they don't. If they did, there would not be a dual wield job using anything but the TP bonus weapon in their offhand.
    (0)

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    No, they don't. If they did, there would not be a dual wield job using anything but the TP bonus weapon in their offhand.
    Nin doesn't have a tp bonus katana through the magian trials and I don't think War bothers with normal axes anymore since great axe is so much better. Plus sword, dagger, have trials for the tp bonus weapons but have the same tp modifier for 100% - 200% - 300%, on their most used weaponskills, so theres no point inside abyssea using crit atmas and vorpal blade or Eviseration to use a TP bonus Weapon.

The testing was in regards to bst and farsha, so the Tp bonus clearly made a differance since magical weaponskills are far more consistant then physical, plus Clousplitters tp modifiers scale up as well starting at 3.75 for 100%, 5.0 for 200%, and 6.0 for 300% making the Tp bonus line on the magian trials useful for it.

Btw did you test or you just saying "No they don't" because you think it would be broken.

Once people start doing more stuff outside abyssea the tp bonus weapons will be far more useful as it stands their not as useful except for some weaponskills, mainly ones that don't have a chance to crit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Habiki; 06-26-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Player
    Nin doesn't have a tp bonus katana through the magian trials and I don't think War bothers with normal axes anymore since great axe is so much better. Plus sword, dagger, have trials for the tp bonus weapons but have the same tp modifier for 100% - 200% - 300%, on their most used weaponskills, so theres no point inside abyssea using crit atmas and vorpal blade or Eviseration to use a TP bonus Weapon.

The testing was in regards to bst and farsha, so the Tp bonus clearly made a differance since magical weaponskills are far more consistant then physical, plus Clousplitters tp modifiers scale up as well starting at 3.75 for 100%, 5.0 for 200%, and 6.0 for 300% making the Tp bonus line on the magian trials useful for it.

Btw did you test or you just saying "No they don't" because you think it would be broken.

Once people start doing more stuff outside abyssea the tp bonus weapons will be far more useful as it stands their not as useful except for some weaponskills, mainly ones that don't have a chance to crit.
    First, there's a TP bonus weapon for every set of trials. Just no one bothered to add it to the wiki yet. Because they only work in the main hand and are thus useless. Way to show you don't have any personal experience, and are just writing what you half remember from random places on the web.

You made the testing up. There is no such testing. The dagger doesn't do it, the club doesn't do it, the sword doesn't, if the axe works that way, it's a glitch. Please provide links to this "testing" cause it doesn't work that way.

WHM's have already confirmed it doesn't with mystic boon. TP bonus weapons work exactly like martial weapons. The only reason they say TP bonus+100 instead of simply TP bonus like martial, is SE wanted to differentiate the moonshade earring's TP+25, pet and avatar tp bonuses on several pieces of gear, and fencer's TP+45, instead of leaving us guessing how much they give.
    (0)
    Last edited by Louispv; 06-27-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    First, there's a TP bonus weapon for every set of trials. Just no one bothered to add it to the wiki yet. Because they only work in the main hand and are thus useless. Way to show you don't have any personal experience, and are just writing what you half remember from random places on the web.

You made the testing up. There is no such testing. The dagger doesn't do it, the club doesn't do it, the sword doesn't, if the axe works that way, it's a glitch. Please provide links to this "testing" cause it doesn't work that way.

WHM's have already confirmed it doesn't with mystic boon. TP bonus weapons work exactly like martial weapons. The only reason they say TP bonus+100 instead of simply TP bonus like martial, is SE wanted to differentiate the moonshade earring's TP+25, pet and avatar tp bonuses on several pieces of gear, and fencer's TP+45, instead of leaving us guessing how much they give.
    Why would i make the testing up if it doesn't work then the guy who did the testing made it up, I read it here somewhere in the official forums in a farsha topic. And I never waisted my time checking each trial before i posted to make sure they had a Tp bonus path because it would be worthless, The only Tp bonus weapons that have ever been good that I know of we're for GK, notably the Hagun or the keitonotachi +2. I'm wondering how you can say for sure none of the other tp bonus weapons from the trials don't work in the offhand unless theres some testing for them somewhere that show they don't. it's hard to find anything on these forums most posts get buried the day their made due to the all the topics where people are whining.

Everything should be taken with a grain of salt when it comes to anyones testing only way to be for sure on how something works is to test yourself. Kirschy from bg does alot of the testing on how things work but after his testing on the Iga ningi +2 I have a hard time believing any of the tests that hes done over the past years. Test with Iga ningi was for migawari enhancement and kirschy tested with uncapped skills and found cap to be 85%, because he didn't think skill mattered for it but later tests by another player showed skill had an effect on it and with 407 ninjustu skill it is 64% but you have to wear all the skill gear when you take the dmg to get it that low.

I don't appreciate the personal attacks it's rather childish, If you have some proof of a whm testing it with mystic boon then by all means back up your claim that they don't work, I'm not gonna bother wasting my time to dig up the post with the testing since you'll just say I made it up again, only thing that will come of it is this thread being closed for going off topic if I keep going back in forth with you arguing over it.

Only thing I can agree on with you is all the tp bonus weapons are worthless except for maybe one or two.
    (0)

Player
    Why would i make the testing up if it doesn't work then the guy who did the testing made it up, I read it here somewhere in the official forums in a farsha topic. And I never waisted my time checking each trial before i posted to make sure they had a Tp bonus path because it would be worthless, The only Tp bonus weapons that have ever been good that I know of we're for GK, notably the Hagun or the keitonotachi +2. I'm wondering how you can say for sure none of the other tp bonus weapons from the trials don't work in the offhand unless theres some testing for them somewhere that show they don't. it's hard to find anything on these forums most posts get buried the day their made due to the all the topics where people are whining.

Everything should be taken with a grain of salt when it comes to anyones testing only way to be for sure on how something works is to test yourself. Kirschy from bg does alot of the testing on how things work but after his testing on the Iga ningi +2 I have a hard time believing any of the tests that hes done over the past years. Test with Iga ningi was for migawari enhancement and kirschy tested with uncapped skills and found cap to be 85%, because he didn't think skill mattered for it but later tests by another player showed skill had an effect on it and with 407 ninjustu skill it is 64% but you have to wear all the skill gear when you take the dmg to get it that low.

I don't appreciate the personal attacks it's rather childish, If you have some proof of a whm testing it with mystic boon then by all means back up your claim that they don't work, I'm not gonna bother wasting my time to dig up the post with the testing since you'll just say I made it up again, only thing that will come of it is this thread being closed for going off topic if I keep going back in forth with you arguing over it.

Only thing I can agree on with you is all the tp bonus weapons are worthless except for maybe one or two.
    1) you can find anything you're looking for by typing it into the search bar.
    2) I know you're making it up, because I know exactly what thread you're talking about. (the only other thread in the forum on the subject of cloudsplitter. ) It says no such thing as you are claiming. It in fact says the exact opposite. It's one guy saying it would work (with no parses or tests at all) then he is immediately corrected that they don't work in the offhand by the next poster.
    3) You provide your evidence. You are the one claiming the axe works differently from every other TP bonus weapon in the game. The burden of proof is on the one who makes the claim.

Nin doesn't have a tp bonus katana through the magian trials
    And I never waisted my time checking each trial before i posted to make sure they had a Tp bonus path because it would be worthless,
    Liar. You said the katana has no TP bonus path. That is the only trial weapon that hasn't had it added to the wiki. You looked at the wiki before writing your post. Then you lied and said you didn't. I have no idea why you did, but now everything you say is suspect without links to proof.
    (0)
    Last edited by Louispv; 06-30-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I was positive paladin would get clubs and RDM daggers.
    (0)

Character
    Milianna
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 96
    Just to clear things up on this old thread:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-Knife./page11
    The TP Bonus ones do Work offhand

From Magian trials, not the AH ones.

Karbuncle