Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Monkeynutz
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I always thought it was strange how limiting they were as well. I only have BLM leveled high enough to do trials at all and it did take me a while to notice that the staff trials, which I went to first because they made sense, were the only ones I had any access to at all. Really there are only fringe reasons to ever need to melee as a BLM as it is, but in lowman situations I've pulled out a staff to get a blue proc here and there, so it would be useful to have a decent club (more blue, or red if mysteriously /WHM) and possibly dagger (minimal blue usage, but red procs when /RDM). BLM tends to be a poor example of this, but there are more compelling arguments with other jobs that actually use weapons for which they can't do magian trials. I'm just not perfectly sure what the rationale in limiting the weapon selection was to begin with.

Personally I could do magian trials for a couple months nonstop before I finished everything I think I should have so the issue is rather moot for me, but I'm sure some people really could use some of these weapons that they can't get for no good discernible reason.
    (0)

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    It's totally unfair that my RDM doesn't get access to Gandiva. RDM have archery skill, thus SE wanted RDM to be a ranged damage dealer. Coupled with nuking you could toss out a Jishnu's Radiance.
    This NEEDS to be fixed.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarly View Post
    It's totally unfair that my RDM doesn't get access to Gandiva. RDM have archery skill, thus SE wanted RDM to be a ranged damage dealer. Coupled with nuking you could toss out a Jishnu's Radiance.
    This NEEDS to be fixed.
    Going by the fact that RDM have no native staff skill, yet they can use most of the magian staffs, all weapons should be open to all jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Big woop!

What you want is irrelevant, if there is no real reason to be on the dagger list, IE. Pup wont use Daggers, they shouldn't get them, and certainly not because "I want it! if that job gets it, why can't I? Whine! Whine!"

Off of the mememe on this site.

--

They really should think about renaming all the trial weapons like they did for the magic ones.

Not being able to macro weapons in for jobs like BST for the occasion is a pain. say PDT- and MDB ones, you need to do it manually as they have the same name. Not needed, but would be good if they could.
    LOL so your opinion is better than mine, what you want is relevant and everybody else should stfu...thats the kind of ppl that should leave this site LOL

pup second weapon of choice is dagger, sure pup dont get usefull ws but that doesnt mean we cant get the the most from the bonus on the weapon.

magian weapons are not all about the ws...i currently have to melee in int+9 h2h to get the mab bonus on the pet...dual wielding dagger will open a wide array of combination...bst can already do that and get the most out of the weapons, so what im asking is less game breaking than some other request
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

I'd have no problem adding jobs to the Elemental/WS Magian weapon paths. It'd be great if Samurai could have a Fire Bateleur +2 if only for extra STR. I also don't see anything wrong with a Beastmaster building an Absolution +2, though the lack of a pet route may be annoying to some.

It's a shame, though, that a Magian crossbow was not released for Thieves or Rangers (Othinus' Bow & Staurobow aren't getting any better as we travel to 99).
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushipur View Post
    LOL so your opinion is better than mine, what you want is relevant and everybody else should stfu...thats the kind of ppl that should leave this site LOL

pup second weapon of choice is dagger, sure pup dont get usefull ws but that doesnt mean we cant get the the most from the bonus on the weapon.

magian weapons are not all about the ws...i currently have to melee in int+9 h2h to get the mab bonus on the pet...dual wielding dagger will open a wide array of combination...bst can already do that and get the most out of the weapons, so what im asking is less game breaking than some other request
    I never said that, not even once.

Mine was a simple suggestion to make macro's easier, the macro's they implemented. Yours is access to weapons so you can dual wield to make your pet stronger, despite in reality only being competent in h2h skill.
    (0)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    By your thinking of a C or so being incompetent in a skill rating... brd would get nothing... ever.... because the highest rank brd has in ANYTHING is a C rank, even the main skills we are SUPPOSED to use brd gets.... C. Wind string and singing skill.
    (1)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

While I'm all for adding more jobs to Magian Weapons (For Instance, RDM gets Aeolian Edge, implying RDM to use Daggers, Yet not on Dagger Magians... RDM Does not get Sanguine Blade, Implying they're not good enough for swords! yet they're on Sword Magian Weapons. Which is it SE? Swords are Daggers? FKING PICK ONE D

You guys realize that RDM was added to Magian Staves simply because of the "Elemental Staves" Magian Path? The ones that increase your Nuking power?

it was originally just BLM/SCH/SMN If i remember, but when the B*tching came that Certain jobs were stuck using HQ 51 staves cause they couldn't use magian staves, SE Updated it to basically include most jobs that get a use out of nuking, that included RDM.

If SE would have added the "elemental Affinity" Staff trials to dagger/sword all of them, They wouldn't have needed to update it, however that would have required much more work, in the end they just updated Staff trials.

So in closing, Its not because of their skill, or SE expects them to melee with it, Its because of the Elemental-Affinity Staff trials, The ones that currently stomp over HQ51 Staves, that RDM was added to the Staff list.

Anyway, On the subject of Trials. add RDM to Dagger, THF to marksmanship, MNK to Staff, PLD to Club(They have A-....), and WAR to Greatsword.

Thats all i have in mind >.>;
    (0)

Character
    Legomike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    add boomerrang and job specific trials and get rid of the odd trials.
    (0)
    Lego-DNC99 BST82 BRD69 PUP53 Other40+
    Sparkel-BST99 DRG82 RDM75 PUP53 Other40+
    Cooking100+6 Alchemy83+5 Other70 Gold52 Smith30
    Waiting For Death With Open Arms.

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    On the subject of Pet bonuses: They should just double the bonuses on 2 Handed and H2H weapons vs 1 Handed weapons.
    (3)
    "I Trick Attacked some guy. He's dead now."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast