Hybrid View

Character
    Lupus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

It's time Summoner got Bahamut.

This is not unrealistic. Everything is already there. It has been for years. years and years.

I think it's about time Summoner got Bahamut after how many years have passed since COP was released and finished. We are going to be level 99, Abyssea has changed the game, we got AF3 armor, and a new group of merits are coming. the game is and continues to change so much.

SE old reasons for not were problems of scaling him down. He has 2 model positions, one is flying in the air for cut-scenes and the other is of him floating above the ground like any normal avatar does for his bcnm fight. Bahamut's wings and tail are making him bigger than he is actually is so scaling him down to a certain degree until his wings and tail fit would make his body seem small. He would have to be a bit bigger than diabolos to look normal which dosn't go well in caves and small places. I would think the solution is that Bhamaut would only be used in open areas like chocobos are (also events) to avoid small places issues.

Bahamut already meets the prime fights requirements. He has his own whisper, he has his own avatar rewards. They need only add the option to turn in his whisper to obtain him instead of proceeding to his 2nd battle. Bahamut already has his own pacts reaching from level 1 to 90. Absolute Terror, Sweeping Flail, Touchdown, Trample, Horrible Roar, Impulsion, Megaflare, Gigaflare, and Teraflare as his astral flow. He is only missing an avatar's favor and what element he would be listed under. I think he's fire even if he does some aero stuff.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If we got bahamut, it would be a 2hour ability only like Alex and Odin, and I don't really want that.
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If we got bahamut, it would be a 2hour ability only like Alex and Odin, and I don't really want that.
    completely agree witht his statment. odin and alex were SE's biggest cop-outs ever. these need to be moved to fulltimeable avatars each with their own list of pacts and favors. and definate yes to bahumut. id be ok with him being on 2h, long as odin/alex were not.
    (0)

Character
    Katoplepa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuslupus View Post
    Bahamut already meets the prime fights requirements. He has his own whisper, he has his own avatar rewards. They need only add the option to turn in his whisper to obtain him instead of proceeding to his 2nd battle. Bahamut already has his own pacts reaching from level 1 to 90. Absolute Terror, Sweeping Flail, Touchdown, Trample, Horrible Roar, Impulsion, Megaflare, Gigaflare, and Teraflare as his astral flow. He is only missing an avatar's favor and what element he would be listed under. I think he's fire even if he does some aero stuff.
    sounds like something too much powerful, and with the tons of SMN nowadays this will turn into :
    everything done with Bahamut-burn , or something...

It's cool to think about Baha avatar, but I don't think SE will do it, or at least not in that way you suggest, prolly available in 2h, or no new avatar at all, because SMN are able to solo A LOT yet now with actual avatars..
    (0)

Character
    Psinightshade
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Only way I see it possible without nerfing the Wyrmking and without overpowering SMN (though I don't mind since I am one) is a level 99 2 hour summon. Probably a powerful attack that can save your life in a pinch or seal the deal of a fight before the opponent can recover.

Either way, Bahamut should only happen if the summoner is at his or her peak.

Beside, there's two other candidates already in the game. Phoenix, the 5th terrestrial avatar, and Atomos. The former might not be in avatar form atm but the Phoenix always rise from the ashes. As for the other, his manifestation is summonable already by a mob...

Real question is: do we really need new pacts at this point?
    (0)

Thread location alteration

Greetings!

Don't mind me, just moving this thread on over to the Summoner forum.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

-=Game Master Emdub=-
    (1)

Character
    Ellehym
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    i rather have something that hits harder than the current go to avatars, but also is able to stay around and keep me from being beat to death
    (2)

Character
    Lupus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by katoplepa View Post
    It's cool to think about Baha avatar, but I don't think SE will do it, or at least not in that way you suggest, prolly available in 2h, or no new avatar at all, because SMN are able to solo A LOT yet now with actual avatars..
    I only listed him similar to how Carbuncle, Diabolos, and Fenrir are setup, because they are all Terrestrial Avatars.

Going by the usual setup applied to avatars who aren't Odin and Alexander, overall only 3 of his pacts would see use out of 9 total not counting favor. This is how it is for all avatars by late game. For example, Garuda is a great avatar but needs for her blinkga are none existent, her astral flow is forgotten. All that matters for her now is Predator Claws, Hastega, and her merit pact Wind Blade. Such would be the fate of Bahamut. Even if his astral flow was Teraflare, it would be no different than when Ifrit astral flows and be forgotten. He would have a DD pact, a magic nuke pact, a enfeeble or buff pact, and his favor.

Now the Odin and Alexander way, Bahamut's astral flow would be increased into the all powerful image your thinking about.

It's a choice really. Do you want a strong useful 2 hour that can really hurt a nm with extremely high hp better than the unbelievable damaging Odin, then watch him leave with all your mp. Or. Do you want a weaker version of Bahamut whose Flare attack is similar to Predator Claws damage output, is TP based since it's magical, and will probably be resisted without skill and accuracy. but unlike Odin and Alexander, afterwards you get frolic through grass fields with your new dragon friend.
    (0)

Character
    Vangoh
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I don't think Bahamut would be too much really, he does have powerful blood pacts but so does the others. I could live with Phoenix being summonable but not atomos, he's presented as the maws and nothing else. If you want a new avatar they should definetly think about...

HADES!!!!!!

Hades would be like the enfeebler avatar or something with strong melee blood pacts rage and lots of detrimental effects for blood pacts ward.

Although I'm not sure how everyone else feels about another dark avatar, so this idea will be discarded I bet...

OH WHAT ABOUT....Siren!!!!!????

She would have the same purpose as mentioned with Hades, plus we need an anti-mage/caster avatar with silencing attacks!
    (0)
    Last edited by Vangoh; 03-10-2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: more content

Quote Originally Posted by Vangoh View Post
    I don't think Bahamut would be too much really, he does have powerful blood pacts but so does the others. I could live with Phoenix being summonable but not atomos, he's presented as the maws and nothing else. If you want a new avatar they should definetly think about...

HADES!!!!!!

Hades would be like the enfeebler avatar or something with strong melee blood pacts rage and lots of detrimental effects for blood pacts ward.

Although I'm not sure how everyone else feels about another dark avatar, so this idea will be discarded I bet...

OH WHAT ABOUT....Siren!!!!!????

She would have the same purpose as mentioned with Hades, plus we need an anti-mage/caster avatar with silencing attacks!
    I think your grasping at straws there
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast