Thread: Pavor Nocturnus

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Pavor Nocturnus

This blood pact inflicts Death on a single target. Chance is very low (nonexistent?) if target is awake, and higher if target is alseep. Description states "Lures target into an eternal nightmare, which means the target needing to be asleep makes sense.

Note, the success rate still isn't very high even with sleep. Odin is far more reliable on one or a few targets.

The BP does take the avatar's TP, so it may have an effect.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-02-2011 at 04:50 AM.

Would have made sense if they still weren't running the global BP timer system. Can't see anyone wasting a timer and MP on something that MAY work.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Most likely heavily resisted by NMs to the point where it will never work or even a percentage deal damage. =\ If we're not going to waste our astral flow on Odin, why would we waste MP, Diabolo's TP, and blood pact timer on a severe low chance death.

As it stands, we don't even use do that with Night Terror because Avatar's auto attack anything that puts hate on us, what a surprise that using a blood pact without actively engaging an enemy generates hate so no sooner do we sleep a mob does Diabolos auto attacks and break them out of it.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This blood pact inflicts Death on a single target. Chance is very low (nonexistent?) if target is awake, and higher if target is alseep. Description states "Lures target into an eternal nightmare, which means the target needing to be asleep makes sense.

Note, the success rate still isn't very high even with sleep. Odin is far more reliable on one or a few targets.

The BP does take the avatar's TP, so it may have an effect.
    I was hitting over 50% on awake mobs in Qufim, I think I did it around 10 times though, so it's not a large enough sample. You say that it takes TP; remember that Diabolos is bugged, and all of his moves reset his TP to 0, even if they don't use TP.
    (0)

Character
    Boq
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Most likely heavily resisted by NMs to the point where it will never work or even a percentage deal damage. =\
    Do you think game balance would be affected if NMs were susceptible to death?
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Liir View Post
    Do you think game balance would be affected if NMs were susceptible to death?
    Yes, it would. I would not suggest that death should work on them. Taken from the data of how much damage Odin is capable of against NMs, I would imagine Diabolo's version of death would do little to no damage. Not even work as a mini-Ruinous Omen.

Can't see much practical use out of it, especially when our endgame content have us dealing primarily with NMs, even if they're weak, like the add spawns on Zilart path Voidwatch.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So i did some tests for the hell of it. 25 uses of Pavor Nocturnus on Frigatebirds in Abyssea Misa. 1 death, 24 "Diabolos uses Pavor Nocturnus, but misses the <t>". From my perspective thats pretty low of an activation rate.

I wouldnt even go that far and call the BP useful in some way.
    264MP for a MAYBE minimum maybe, perhaps its possible, we cant say for certain but you might wanna try... death
    That BP is beyond useless as it is. If i want to Dispel i use Fenrir, its cheaper and GUARANTEED ( if not dark resistant)
    (0)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    kind of curious if magic accuracy merits for avatar enhance this?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Windwhisper View Post
    So i did some tests for the hell of it. 25 uses of Pavor Nocturnus on Frigatebirds in Abyssea Misa. 1 death, 24 "Diabolos uses Pavor Nocturnus, but misses the <t>". From my perspective thats pretty low of an activation rate.

I wouldnt even go that far and call the BP useful in some way.
    264MP for a MAYBE minimum maybe, perhaps its possible, we cant say for certain but you might wanna try... death
    That BP is beyond useless as it is. If i want to Dispel i use Fenrir, its cheaper and GUARANTEED ( if not dark resistant)
    You saying the additional effect they were discussing of adding for when it failed, is dispel?

Can SE be any more out of touch than this? It is like they poll the least popular alternatives to make sure they never make us happy.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've tried this on 4-5 mobs that had nightmare placed on them before Pavor Nocturnus, all of them landed. Try testing this on mobs that are under Nightmare.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast