Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Also look at how dead Summoner section is compared to the others. This job needs something... bad and Bahamut would be a perfect addition.
    (1)

Character
    Tengoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'd like a physical avatar like Yojimbo or something. It may be interesting to get more avatars that are just spells, cast summon do a move and leave but not needed to have astral flow. There shouldn't be a problem naming summons but balancing them and also having them useful. I find that elemental strengths and weakness are no reason to switch what summon your using if it played a bigger role then maybe I'd summon Titan to fight rather than stick his thong in player's faces.

When SE said they didn't want to scale Bahamut I thought they were talking about his power, a level one Bahamut being beat by a bunny kind of stuff.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tenshi; 03-10-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think we need more specialized avatars like a strong physical summon, a healing/buffing summon and a magic only summon.
    I mean Summoner can work in so many different roles but it is imperative that we do so using our job's primary tools: the avatars.
    Want more healing power? Summon Phoenix. Want a physical attacker? Summon Yojimbo. A nuking avatar? Go for Atomos (just throwing random names there).
    They would have their own AI kinda like spirits BUT you can give them directions via general Blood Pacts like "Attack" (Rage), "Defend" (Ward), "Protect" (Ward, as in "buff us"), a Rage PB to tell Yojimbo to use a WS etcetc.
    SE itself said long time ago that the new avatars would be hybrids, and I'm pretty sure they were not referring to Alexander and Odin.

I don't know, that's what I always thought we would get. Of course their AI needs to be much better than our current spirits' AI.. something like an Automaton's AI would be better already.
    (1)

I've talked about this in another thread but, what about hybrid-ish avatars? An avatar that's 2 elements at once, but as penalty is more vulnerable by the opposite elements. And ofcourse, it would be great if the Avatars would get AoE spells.
    Ofcourse a Healing and or Enfeeb avatar also sounds great.

It's great that SE is making the game a bit more fun for soloing people, but adding more 2h only avatars will make things a bit boring, especially if you've looked at the same avatars for years and years.

Perhaps off topic in regards to AoE spells: sometimes it happens that you walk through somewhere, and you're aggro'd by multiple monsters, waiting for the recast of Assault is a HUGE pain in such moments and more than often simply means your demise. An AoE spell would take away emnity and give the Summoner enough time to either warp, sneak/invis up or run to a more secure location.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aerius; 03-11-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Character
    Delente
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    I don't think the problem is that SMNs need more new avatars, just need to utilize the avatars currently in the game. I wouldn't be too hard to incorporate Pheonix, Atamos, or Bahamut as usable avatars. Bahamut I agree should be used more like the regular avatars with the ability to maintain a constant usage in exchange for lower damage from his BP's/Astral Flow.
    I think Pheonix and Atomos should function like Odin and Alexander do currently. Something along the lines of Pheonix comes out and casts Raise/RR on all pty members but it takes your 2 hr to achieve. Party members who are incapacitated would be given a raise effect while party members who are alive would be granted a RR effect. This shouldn't be all that game breaking considering the number of other jobs that can already raise and the fact that anything normally subbed already gives SMN raise with the exception of BLM. Atomos's effect could be along the lines of combining the DRK absorb spells into one ability, you would 2hr to drop the STR/DEX/VIT/AGI/MND/INT/CHR/ACC/RACC/TP.
    Of course, with the avatar disappearing after the BP went off the stats would be lost instead of granted to the caster but it would be a great enfeeble to assist in the battle.
    (0)

Character
    Mskala
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    SMN won't get Bahamut as a regular avatar, SE already said they don't want a weaksause version getting defeated by other mobs because hes supposed to be super powerful. I could see a 2h but I want a real avatar not another 2h.

Really, the only thing I could want for SMN at this point in the game is a light based avatar that doesn't suck (carby), capable of both physical and magical blood pacts. Carby is too weak to be worth using on just about anything.
    (0)

Player
    The absolute only way I could see Bahamut being added is for the 2-hour ability. But like Drhatchet said, they won't be adding him. Sure they have a new dev. team and have changed their minds before but they were very adamant in this decision. Personally, I don't want him nor do I think SMN needs him. They've added a ton of gear that enhances BPR damage. It would be extremely lame to be in Dynamis - Tavnazia, 2-hour, summon Bahamut, get Sleepga II'd by Diabolos and wipe before Bahamut gets the move off. It's happened to me with Alexander which was funny but so lame. Bahamut is supposed to be all-powerful; too powerful for us to control.

What I do think SMN needs, and I've said this in another post, is an avatar dedicated to healing (even through BPRs in the effect of drains or sambas). If the healer goes down and it's up to you to keep people alive, it's tough. I sub RDM so I don't get Cure IV; it would be nice to have a BPR that could do a little damage to the mob and restore the HP of alliance members (or even just party). Follow that up with a BPW cure. Stagger those with Cure III and you wouldn't outperform the healer jobs but there'd be less likelihood of deaths.
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Me neither ^^ Wouldnt mind getting Phoenix either
    (1)

Character
    Ophiucus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes Bahamut was all-powerful... at 75. Now with the level cap at 90, and rising, he no longer holds the same throne as he once did. I put my vote to a non-2hour-only summon of Bahamut. Other jobs are planned to be given "ultimate" spells/abilities related to their profession, such as BLM with Meteor. So it would only make sence to give SMN an avatar of an "ultimate" tier such as what Bahamut is. As for the solution for not wanting Bahamut to die to a level 1 mob or something all you have to do is look at Odin and Alexander as they are now actually. Bahamut would just need a minimal level to summon it, like how Odin/Alex are 75+ to use.

I admit Bahamut is not quite what SMN need's however, though I would love to have him. What I feel SMN needs is more variety with their pet's abilities. For example I always felt that SMN should get bar-like spells/abilities. Perhaps they could add an ability to the BP:Ward of elemental spirits to give a bar-effect based off the element of the spirit since, with the avatar's favor update, BP:Rage and BP:Ward show up on the command list of spirits.

Though that still won't completely tackle the issue, it would just be another way to find a use for spirits. I like the idea someone suggested earlier of some new summons that work like Odin/Alex in that they are summoned, use an ability, and then release themselves automatically but are not restricted to Astral Flow.
    (1)

Character
    Katoplepa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    I find that elemental strengths and weakness are no reason to switch what summon your using.
    this is not always true, it depends on what type of SMN you are and what you do: if you always are in party with your friends, maybe you can choose your favorite avatar and use it all the time, I like to solo and if you play SMN for soloing you have to think about what fight you are about to do and what avatar you have to use: for example, when I soloed Cuelebre I used Garuda with only Wind Blade and I done very well; Shiva on Bakka using only Rush; Leviathan on Tonberry Lieje with Grand Fall, and so on... so every avatar CAN make the difference A LOT if you are soloing..
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast