Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Numpty
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

The meaning of LOL DRG in case you dont know

For those that have seen this ingame (who hasent)

LOL DRG started after SE took out the TP gain from Penta thrust weapon skill use on DRG (about 7+ years ago i think), before the removal of this DRG used to gain 60+ TP from penta thrust use which pretty much made them one of the most effective DD's in game.

(1)
    90's x 10

BST is AWLAYS best! If you are a BST, I SALUTE YOU

-Eldelphia - THIS SPELLING MISTAKE WILL STAY HERE JUST FOR YOU AWLAYS lmfao!!take that stick out your arse LOL

Character
    Thonuwan
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Is that really all? I always thought it was because Call Wyvern was our 2 hr at first which limited our capabilities if the wyvern died. I wasn't around then so i don't know.
    (0)

Character
    Numpty
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thonuwan View Post
    Is that really all?
    like all jobs in FFXI DRG has had its fair share (more then most some would say) of gimps/updates (w/e you wanna call em) sadly penta thrust was the 1st of many, this was way before NIN was released and when we were all running about at the higest level of 70, and when WAR was the ONLY Tank job in the game, the game at lauch was not unlike FFXIII is now,basicly a test platform but with ppl playing their subscrition each month, we had Maintence on a weekly basis for months, and no one had the luxury of FFXIWikki it was a mish-mash of other sites (some were poor beyond poor)

ahh the good ole days :P
    (2)
    90's x 10

BST is AWLAYS best! If you are a BST, I SALUTE YOU

-Eldelphia - THIS SPELLING MISTAKE WILL STAY HERE JUST FOR YOU AWLAYS lmfao!!take that stick out your arse LOL

The nerf wasn't aimed at penta thrust FYI. It was aimed at Asuran fists. Monk's would equip base item relic knuckles which have 999 delay. after innitially reaching 100%TP, each weaponskill would return over 100%TP, meaning they could WS indefinitely with no TP phase. Because H2H DMG is calulated on skill and weapon +DMG, not purely weapon DMG, the damage loss wasn't enough to offset the damage increase from WSing repeatedly with no TP phase.
    (2)

Well even if it wasn't for that relic knuckles thing, I don't think it would have taken long before drg started getting back 90ish TP either, after they introduced samurai and more store TP gear. They would probably have had to nerf it sooner or later anyway.

Not to mention samurais with penta thrust.
    (1)

Player
    Don't forget our premier weapon skill for executing a Light SC was Wheeling Thrust. Before 2005, wheeling thrust had a 1.00 fTP not the decent 1.75 fTP it now has. Because of this, Wheeling Thrust typically dealt ~200-350 damage. Compared to Arching Arrow/Dragon Kick/Mistral Axe/Cross Reaper/Spinning Slash and Shark Bite, Wheeling Thrust was the weakest.

Another reason DRGs were LOL was because we didn't have Spirit Link for 2.5 years after DRG came out. Meaning, if we wanted to heal our pet, we actually had to sit and /heal for about 10 minutes. This was before the Signet buff too, so we lost TP to do this.

To clarify further, not only did the oldschool DRG/SAM get ~65 TP from a 5 hit penta thrust, but back then Meditate was on a 1 minute recast and gave 100 TP even when subbed.
    (1)

Character
    Andevom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Thonuwan View Post
    Is that really all? I always thought it was because Call Wyvern was our 2 hr at first which limited our capabilities if the wyvern died. I wasn't around then so i don't know.
    This is the widely accepted reason.

I never heard of this Penta Thrust bug being the reason why LOLDRG was a popular snap. It wouldn't really make much sense considering taking away massive TP gain like that wouldn't make DRG suck, it would just make them more on par with other melees.

Call Wyvern as a Two Hour Ability sucked. When things get rough and you have a moment where you need a trump card, you need an ability that either makes you crazy strong, makes you evade damage, or heals you entirely. Before Spirit Surge, DRG had nothing to offer in that department, which limited solo potential for tough NMs, or use in certain events where THAs are essential for safe runs. For this, they were considered weak, hence LOLDRG.
    (0)
    You are staring at this.

Character
    Degenxerate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I don't know why all you guys seem to think its about the 2 hour. He is right about the term coming after that WS nerf. Before that it still had the same 2 hour but people loved the job. 2 Hours really don't make or break a job. Even if the 2 hour could deal 10k damage while filling up the parties HP and MP, giving everyone invincible and giving everyone in a 30 yalm radius 600 million gil it still wouldn't make the drg any better in an xp party which at the time "LOLdrg" came around XPing was easily the thing people did most. Face it, 2 hours aside drg just couldn't keep up with other melee who put the same time/effort in to the job.
    (2)

Character
    Thonuwan
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I thought it was the 2 hour because I wasn't around during the lolDRG era and all of the explanations I've hard have been that.
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It was tp nerf
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast