Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    To me, BLU = physical DD Mage and RDM = magical DD Mage. Both have burst damage, but nothing compared to a BLM.
    I'm fine with this. It's also why I would put RDM's emphasis on "magic melee" (hence my Spellblade suggestion) and Enspells.
    you can get 86 additional enhancing on a RDM past the cap, most of this equipment that isn't optimal for DD or there are better pieces available in the slot. 86 enhancing which add 4.3 to enspell 2 base. At max you get 5 extra damage to your base and 10 to the max. For 9 Pieces of equpment, you get 10 damage a round.
    Looking at how II's were designed, I think the whole "Enhancing Skill on cast" mechanic for enspell I's may have been a developer oversight that (just like a lot of the things they messed up in XI) they never got around to dealing with until it was too late.
    ENSPELL 2's SUCK BECAUSE THEY DON"T SCALE INTO LATER LEVELS BECAUSE OF THEIR RESTRICTIONS. THEY ARE WORSE FOR DD THAN ENSPELL 1's EVEN IN OPTIMAL GEAR.
    Agreed. Enspells in general not scaling has reared its head in abyssea more than anywhere else. Granted, that's no longer the focus of development, but is still there.
    My biggest gripe is that all our new gear is cloth. It is centered towards magic accuracy and magic attack bonus. So we can keep our full enspell damage with the magical accuracy, woo. I almost never get resists anyways. Why doesn't magic attack bonus gear affect our enspells?
    They're trying to push the spellcaster side for some ungodly reason. All it does is keep the damage generated mediocre, either way. If you're meleeing in mage gear you're not getting Accuracy, Haste and +Attack, which adds up nicely to enspells when unresisted.
    We don't get Scale Mail anymore. We occasionally get graced by some decent THF or MNK gear that almost everyone else can use anyways. At least make all that caster gear that SE seems over zealous to make for us do something for us besides try to make us BLM-1.
    See, I'd lean more to putting RDM on more melee gear and adding conditional stat conversions (reliant on Composure or some other melee-oriented mechanic) over just throwing in more mage gear. The benefit there being that you would viably grown into the magic melee theme instead of being gimp for x amount of levels until you end up getting Y piece of mage gear that starts picking up the slack.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    Looking at how II's were designed, I think the whole "Enhancing Skill on cast" mechanic for enspell I's may have been a developer oversight that (just like a lot of the things they messed up in XI) they never got around to dealing with until it was too late.
    Enspell T1s used to work like that as well. It wasn't until that Sch got access to enspells and started trying to AoE them only to find that their melees would only do 2 damage per swing that it got changed.

Then they released Enspell T2 and gave them their original accuracy formula and everyone was pissed XD
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    Enspell T1s used to work like that as well. It wasn't until that Sch got access to enspells and started trying to AoE them only to find that their melees would only do 2 damage per swing that it got changed.

Then they released Enspell T2 and gave them their original accuracy formula and everyone was pissed XD
    Everyone is still pissed, being the problem. Well at least RDMs.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4