Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nahal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90

Enspell 2 and Fencer

so, is it just me or were these made to go together? improve damage while using 1 1hander and a damage enhancement that works best with a single weapon, perfect. and yet rdm doesnt get fencer, whats the lowest job that gets it? WAR. i mean, what sence is there in that, everyone knows war uses a 2h or 2 1hs (if you're oldschool) and yeah thats great for your tanking pally subbing war, but what about us rdms? the ones who could dust off that old genbu's shield, and pair it up with an almace for a decent damage/damage mitigation pair up. not to mention fencer's TP enhance effect would majorly benefit aftermath.

now, while we have this as an option by subbing war, its the kind of ability that perfectly fits the red mage immage, and need i point out that the name of said ability is the same as one of the prefixes used for RDM specific gear? (fencer's ring/earring)

even fencer 1 (5% crit rate and 40TP bonus) is a damn nice job trait to have.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Just one of SquareEnix's many cock-ups with RDM, like the ridiculously low parrying, despite the relic being called Duelist's Armor, the rapier type weapons we use and so on.
    (0)

Character
    Luces
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Who uses enspell 2's? my ones do 33 and my 2's do 48, and with 12 double attack and + other da/ta atmas in abyssea this makes enspell 2's fall way behind, ntm if you use any kind of atk more then once weapon or duel wield enspell 2 are automatically a vast amount of damage short. Now if SE where to fix it so we didn't have to choose bt 60+ enhancing magic skills and the main piece of gear haste rdm has access to then they would be slightly more useful but only prcing on 1 out 2-6+ hits depending on gear/atma in an attack round = lets say 70 damage wearing your enfebling gear, vs enspell 1 where all procs out of 2-6 =(35 each and gear doesn't have to be kept on) 70-210. Also if you miss your first swing with enspell 2 you just lost a ton of damage where as with en 1 you will still get some damage, Enspell II's where about as useful as cow poop. It you have really low double atk rates and don't use ANY OAx weapons(that means no joy toy) though then you can make some use of them.
    (0)

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    I agree on several points:

1) RDM needs to gain access to the Fencer job trait at lower levels and gain access to higher tiers at later levels. It just makes sense. (See: Fencer's Earring, Fencer's Ring, Fencing Degen, etc.) I'm not sure how SE over-looked this. Why does BST or BRD get Fencer at all? Why does WAR get FOUR tiers of it while RDM gets none!? WAR is never going to use a one-handed weapon and a shield, SE, stop trying to tempt them into doing so. For melee RDM everywhere, let some justice be done. RDM should get just as many tiers of Fencer as WAR, if not more.

2) En-spell II are garbage. Just plain and simple. Anybody worth their melee salt has some variety of multi-attacking weapon, Double Attack, Triple Attack, etc. and it makes En-spell II worthless. En-spell I are almost always more useful. The way En-spells work is also terribly flawed... having to keep wearing as much Enhancing Magic skill equipment as you can forces you to sacrifice valuable Accuracy/Attack/Haste just to have slightly improved additional damage. The potency of En-spell magic should be based off of how much Enhancing Magic skill you have at the time of casting. Equipment, etc. that has "En-spell damage +X" should be factored in after this on a per-hit basis.
    (0)

Player
    i sue En spell II sometimes when i sub DNC so i can get spell dmg plus aspir samba effect when im fooling around but the general dmg does blow
    (0)

The concept of enspell IIs aren't terrible. It's just how they were handled is. Frankly if they let the enspell IIs calculate their accuracy and potency during cast and let the enspell IIs start at their max value instead of building up they would be a lot better. At least then they would have a situational use for sword and board and cases where you want to activate a sanba on your offhand swing.
    (0)

Character
    Goredeck
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree 100% RDM deserves Fencer. There is just no excuse. I don't know what I'll do if RDM doesn't get Fencer by the time we get to the 99 cap.

Enspell II are horrible. I almost never use them. I might use them if I'm farming and I have THF sub and I don't feel like using my Joytoy. I don't farm that much anymore so I can say I never use them. Now, if they made Enspell II work like Enlight and Endark for PLD and DRK, I would be a happy camper.
    (0)

O.o Why would you want our enspells to work like Enlight and Endark? They deteriorate per hit and given not only is Rdm's enhancing skill innately lower then Pld/Drk's Divine/Dark skill (not sure how much they can get with gear), but also the fact that we swing faster then Pld/Drk meaning that we would have to refresh the spell like every 2 mins. Don't get me wrong, their attack and accuracy stat bonuses would certainly be nice, but we already have enough of our DoT reduced from our casting load. We don't need enspells that we would have to recast every min because the damage has already deteriorated. Kinda defeats the purpose of our composure buffs due to the spell "wearing off" not from duration but from reduced affect.
    (0)

Isn't the advantage of Enspell 2's, that they weaken the enemy's resistance to the opposite element of the enspell? I always use version 2 of these, except for enwater 2, 'coz I don't have it and am too cheap to pay full price for it right now. :P
    (0)
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Only problem is that if you really needed an elemental reduction so badly you are better off /nin and using their elemental nukes since they reduce resistance by like 3-4x as much and since /nin gets dual wield suddenly the T1s are better to use again.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast