Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    Guessing that what you wanted a reply on?

A Critical Hit is an attack that does more than the usual amount of damage to a monster.
    When an attack scores a critical hit, a different animation is used instead of the normal hit animation.

The higher an attacker's DEX, the greater their Critical Hit Rate against an opponent is. The higher a defender's AGI, the less likely they are to have critical hits scored against them.

The minimum critical hit rate from DEX vs. AGI is 5%, the maximum is 20%. Equipment and merits that increase critical hit rate are added on top of this.

It is currently believed that critical rate caps out when DEX is 50 points higher than AGI, at least at level 75. Verification Needed

Critical Hit rate follows an exponential curve. Minor increases in DEX will not have a significant impact on critical hit rate (e.g. DEX+1 = +0.25 critical hit rate). Major increases in DEX increase the rate significantly, whereby DEX+1 ~= +1% critical hit rate.

i see Nothing in ther that would put you ahead of a drk...
    Blood Rage
    Job Ability
    Enhances critical hit rate and critical hit damage for party members within area of effect.
    Obtained: Warrior Level 87
    Recast Time: 5:00
    Duration: 0:30
    Distance: Information Needed
    Increases Critical Hit Damage and Critical Hit Rate by 20%.
    Overwrites and is overwritten by Warcry.
    Does not stack with Boost. Blood Rage will have no effect if Boost is active.

That is 20% + the dex/agi critical tier rate which can be 20% more, however I am not sure AV agi to be able to know this or if its obtainable. It does prove that Taint is right that War get higher critical rate than Dark of which you stated you didn't see. Dark could be in the same party and potentially get this buff but it doesn't help as much since their critical WS suck but more so a warriors Uko.

I'm not really sure how to do all of that math and stuff, but I've done 3 AV's recently, that i won with both apocalypse and caladbolg vs. Ukons, verethragnas, etc. Same thing for einherjar. I don't see anything beating a good DRK outside of abyssea at this point in time in this game.
    I know from my own personal experience using dark vs my warrior that when i set myself up for a critical hit build outside of abyssea that my dark isn't coming close to my warrior. They have an amazing set of abilities and if we are just comparing 1 mob to the entire game that is asinine to define a job by that standing point alone. I reiterate what i said before about most warriors having no clue about critical builds as i have personally witness so many with Uko that clearly don't understand it's use. I used to destroy people with my dragoon with a cletine vs a valk fork simply because my critical tier rate was boosted to a point drakesbane destroyed them. You would get the occasional day that critical would not proc well but very rarely. It was more of a weird algorithm from SE's spaghetti code on those days IMO.
    (0)
    Last edited by Chriscoffey; 08-21-2011 at 03:15 AM.

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscoffey View Post
    Blood Rage
    Job Ability
    Enhances critical hit rate and critical hit damage for party members within area of effect.
    Obtained: Warrior Level 87
    Recast Time: 5:00
    Duration: 0:30
    Distance: Information Needed
    Increases Critical Hit Damage and Critical Hit Rate by 20%.
    Overwrites and is overwritten by Warcry.
    Does not stack with Boost. Blood Rage will have no effect if Boost is active.

That is 20% + the dex/agi critical tier rate which can be 20% more, however I am not sure AV agi to be able to know this or if its obtainable. It does prove that Taint is right that War get higher critical rate than Dark of which you stated you didn't see. Dark could be in the same party and potentially get this buff but it doesn't help them since their critical WS suck but more so a warriors Uko.

lol blood Rage was already factored into WS damage thats why Ukko's is doing about 700~1K more but thats not enough to make up for anything

also Base crit caps at 20% and that is the DEX Vs. AGI formula i posted there is no 20% + the dex/Agi

Both WAR and DRK will be at about 45% Crit rate with Blood rage up now should i go into how the weaponskill math works so you can win on one of my posts?
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Darriken View Post
    I'm not really sure how to do all of that math and stuff, but I've done 3 AV's recently, that i won with both apocalypse and caladbolg vs. Ukons, verethragnas, etc. Same thing for einherjar. I don't see anything beating a good DRK outside of abyssea at this point in time in this game.

Oh good! another guy with a parse, is your made up like Jars or can you post it?

Or will fake math about how AV has 999 def be an easier argument lol.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    Oh good! another guy with a parse, is your made up like Jars or can you post it?

you cant post them here....
    (0)

Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    lol blood Rage was already factored into WS damage thats why Ukko's is doing about 700~1K more but thats not enough to make up for anything

also Base crit caps at 20% and that is the DEX Vs. AGI formula i posted there is no 20% + the dex/Agi

Both WAR and DRK will be at about 45% Crit rate with Blood rage up now should i go into how the weaponskill math works so you can win on one of my posts?
    I would like to see where it is listed that blood rage 20% and the 20% from dex/agi is the same category and capped. I believe you didn't read what i posted since its apparent you stated they would be at 45% which is merit crit + war JA BR + dex/agi crit% and what I stated above.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I would like to see where it is listed that blood rage 20% and the 20% from dex/agi is the same category and capped. I believe you didn't read what i posted since its apparent you stated they would be at 45% which is merit crit + war JA BR + dex/agi crit% and what I stated above.
    Must have misread it i thought you where saying you where getting 20% from no where lol

but the math i said still stands my DRK sits at 46% crit rate
    (0)

Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Jar me and taint could post parse after parse and it wouldn't change your mind. I have argued with people in your mindset for years and unless we can physically parse each other there will always be a stalemate on this. I can offer that once i get my apocalypse i will move servers and prove in parsing just how much i do know. The last time someone was "knowing" with me about this they had apocalypse and i had stage 4 and I outparsed them by 15% in Einherjar before all "easy mode" abyssea came out. My very last parse was this same dark vs a war/nin and sam/war (polearm) with above average gear on birds. I was at 41% and i tanked most of the fight losing my TP to the birds. My response to your warrior argument is I personally don't believe they know how to fully utilize their equipment just like the others I have parsed against. I am perfectly fine moving back to Ragnarok and parsing against whoever you want as your god icon for your scenario. I miss UNC anyways he's my huggle buddy.
    (0)

Character
    Darriken
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post

I started posting parses on my ls's website starting from 2 einherjars ago. You should be able to see them there if you care enough to look.

On AV the damage between me and like an Ukko's WAR is very minimal like ~1k damage because the fight is so short, but on a longer parse like einherjar, it's not even close, I'm over a quarter of the damage of a parse consisting of about 8 DD's.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Jar me and taint could post parse after parse and it wouldn't change your mind. I have argued with people in your mindset for years and unless we can physically parse each other there will always be a stalemate on this. I can offer that once i get my apocalypse i will move servers and prove in parsing just how much i do know. The last time someone was "knowing" with me about this they had apocalypse and i had stage 4 and I outparsed them by 15% in Einherjar before all "easy mode" abyssea came out. My very last parse was this same dark vs a war/nin and sam/war (polearm) with above average gear on birds. I was at 41% and i tanked most of the fight losing my TP to the birds. My response to your warrior argument is I personally don't believe they know how to fully utilize their equipment just like the others I have parsed against. I am perfectly fine moving back to Ragnarok and parsing against whoever you want as your god icon for your scenario. I miss UNC anyways he's my huggle buddy.
    Most of what i have posted i have supported with math my 8th grade brother could understand

if there is such a difference That all of what i am posting can be laughed off with immature jokes like others are posting there should be a mathematical situation or some number they can inform me about this.

also If DEF is lower than 999 Gekko / Fudo comparisons would say so and Fudo is doing a little more where gekko is about 7-800 and fudo will do about 1.3K

soooo 1.5625 ftp on gekko 3.65 on Fudo

so if im right and sam can get about the same attack as you for fudo ill toss in 1.848228043143297 Pdif for Fudo

and put 2.2 for Gekko

Gekko .75 STr mod and fudo at .6

lets ball park 170 STR on both Using ( D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP * PDIF for WS damage but going to cut out Fstr because its to much work and we want a basic compare i cant do it too if you want after i post this

( 114 + 20 + (170*.6)) * 3.65 * 1.848 = 1773.9876 for fudo (op because they cant get Quite that much attack i dont think prob closer to a 1.6 PDIF)
    ( 114 + 20 + (170*.75)) * 1.5625 * 2.2 = 898.90625 for gekko

The one i am looking at now did not get Diaed and Fudo is doing about 1K flat 450-500 with PDT up
    soo that comes pretty close ........
    (0)
    Last edited by Jar; 08-21-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I just offered to prove that by moving servers. You have a very snooty behavior that behoves me believe that the only way to prove you wrong, like many others I have encountered, is by physically showing you on the game. The math i quite clearly understand as it is my basis for the counter argument. I am quite convinced even posting parse data would only have negative effects so I feel as if a one on one physical showing quite clearly would show you the results needed to win this approach to your belittlement of everyone involved. You can either accept or decline the offer at this point. There have been many things in life that on paper looked rock solid but in practical use was failed logic because someone forgot about something called "human error".
    (0)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast