Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Maybe but is also saying "YOU SHOULD PULL HAAET SO YOU CAN GET TAHT EXTRA TPZ", or that we should be soloing.

Really though, it was a joke XP
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'd rather them delete Tactical Parry, tired of it looking all smug and happy in my JT window.
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    considering the fact until recently with the last resort update we've been struggling to keep up with other dd's I'd say there is a problem. Since the update tho things have worked out much better for us but the point on this matter is this, DRK is supposed to be able to hit the top tier of damage and exceed other jobs when going all out and often killing themselves in the process. The real point is this, a really well built drk can be out performed by a gimp war and a decent war can outperform a decked out drk, so if you ask me there is a serious imbalance issue that needs to be resolved. The last resort update was a groundbreaking introduction into bringing drk back to the world it belongs and the souleater update was also very helpful but our biggest problems still lie in 2 areas. First we got all this mp and not much to do with it, second we got a nice update to souleater and guillotine is our only decent ws to use with it. There you have the 2 most important issues, the first can be fixed by adding more absorb spells and removing lame decay and making them stack with cruor buffs like everyother stat related buff, and the other well its less simple but I like the idea of making souleater do 10 x damage multiplier for % hp damage/consumed, it would make for some epic torcleavers. If we can solve these 2 issues then I'd agree with your post OP, but until then Imma have to disagree.
    (2)
    Last edited by StingRay104; 07-12-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Clarify what I mean

Character
    Nivlac
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    /mnk does what exactly?
    (0)

Character
    Rafien
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Give DRK the spell Doom.. The end.
    (0)

Character
    Masema
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I don't have any trouble competing with other DD's though. With Souleater and Last Resort up I out-parse everyone in alliance, including WAR with Ukon, in damage from melee swings alone, and I finish with overall dmg about equal to WAR with Ukon.

Yes, DRK has a lot of useless magic, what else is new? lol I did say i would like to see the issue with Absorb spells not stacking with cruor buffs resolved.

And not any good weaponskills? Guillotine is a decent weaponskill. Will it get numbers as high as Raging Rush inside abyssea? No. Should you be destroying WAR in overall DPS? Yes. Last Resort is a 25% speed increase for 3 minutes, which is nuts. We get one of the nicest non-emp weapons there is, Twilight Scythe. It has its own dmg type making it not only strong but versatile.

And /mnk for Counterstance. XD With Gnarled Horn and Counterstance you have like a 70% Counter rate. All those counters for 400-600 DMG add up very quickly. Not only that but that's dmg that your not taking anymore, and when you do get hit you have Dread Spikes to fall back on.
    (1)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Like I said until the last resort update we've been struggling, now we have more of a fighting chance. In my shell we have a Ukon war who hits 10k Ukko's often, thats a little to much for the last resort fix to compete with, and its not the only thing war has up their sleeves. Althought LR fix did in fact do wonders for our dps it still shouldn't be as hard for us or should I say as easy for other jobs especially war to pump out insane numbers. Now I got Caladbolg so I do insane amounts of damage and I'm quit proud of that but I still see problems with the job. First souleater and ws's, for gods sake I'm sick of guillotine, its not impressive anymore its just old and overused, and honestly I've never got any numbers off it that were even remotely impressive, granted I'm a GS drk but still you all are still treating it like its the god ws and it just doesn't do it anymore. Plus theirs the fact that since the KC drks abused souleater to hell and back and SE hated that fact we are never gonna see another multihit ws in our arsenal again, which is why I suggested a new way to determine ws damage while souleater is in effect. By taking our ws mod (for multihits like guillotine the combined mod of all successful hits) and multiplying it by 10% we get the new % of hp consumed/dealt in our souleater attack. This way it benefits all ws's and not just the multihits they aren't gonna give us. Magic being ignored by devs, couldn't agree with you more on that one, and honestly just getting tired of repeating same stuff so lets just say we all agree on magic. I love twilight scythe, its the last scythe I'll ever use, honestly I'm a gs drk so idc about scythe but when I need to I will use the hell outta twilight scythe for all its amazing awesomeness. Just curious when your /mnk and you have counterstance and last resort up how low is your def and how much damage you usually take from none countered hits? Ya /mnk is like the new and improved sub of abyssea, lots of jobs do great tanking with it and counteratmastance. Basically I see lots of room for improvement and since this thread is about DRK being good enough already I have to disagree and point out some of its many flaws, all jobs have flaws but drk has more than normal, tho definitely not the most.
    (0)

Character
    Masema
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Last resort doesn't do much to your DEF after you have Counterstance up. I think i get hit for between 150-300. At any rate, Dread Spikes + Regen from MC is more than enough to keep me at full health on exp mobs. 50 VIT for Torcleaver mod is nice as well. /mnk is fairly useless when facing the "Tougher" NMs though as you (hopefully) aren't tanking.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    DRK isn't keeping up with a Ukon WAR. Ever. All jobs can cap haste.

Did he mention SA WS? Am I being whooshed?
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Masema View Post
    Last resort doesn't do much to your DEF after you have Counterstance up. I think i get hit for between 150-300. At any rate, Dread Spikes + Regen from MC is more than enough to keep me at full health on exp mobs. 50 VIT for Torcleaver mod is nice as well. /mnk is fairly useless when facing the "Tougher" NMs though as you (hopefully) aren't tanking.
    LOL u know very little about DRK anyway /MNK in abyssea can pretty much tank anything that doesn't have a dispel.

for example u can duo Isgebind with just a DRK + WHM and he isn't a walk in the park either since i see groups of 10 struggle with him. (30/75 hearts for my caladborg)

Either way to the OP.
    Saying DRK is fine is valid but mate it's lvl 90->99 time every job deserves to be improved then we have merits T2 either way saying we need nothing when all jobs are gonna be getting buffed is dumb.

I have more to say buuut it's pretty but been said and the fact is most pple disagree with you anyway which either means most pple are wrong or just ur wrong.
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast