Character
    Embermage
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90

Weapon Skill Trial

I have been trying to complete a Pole-arm trial weapon for "Impulse Drive" ws and remove the latent and have over 300 ws's on it for sure and well over 500 ws point but the latent still isn't broke.

This is the second one I've done this far and not been able to break the latent. And I have kept records of both on the count of ws's and ws points so I know it isn't a calculation error.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ramuh1; 07-12-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Greetings Ramuh1!

Thank you for taking the time to write a report for us, it is appreciated! Indeed, not being able to complete a Weapon Skill quest despite having firm records of your actions is disheartening. I would like to submit this concern to be reviewed, however, we will need some additional information from you. If you are able, please submit as much of the information as you can from the following template. Upon receipt, we will submit this concern and have this matter reviewed. We await your reply!

Thank you again for your assistance and apologies for any inconvenience!

-=Game Master Emdub=-

Template:

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Main Job:
    Support Job:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    NPC Name:
    Monster Name:
    Steps:
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Keep in mind that not all monsters are valid targets for WS, even if they appear to give experience. Abyssea NMs don't count, for instance.

Any weaponskill on valid target: 1 point
    Finisher Tier 1 skillchain: +1 point (2)
    Finisher Tier 2 skillchain: +2 point (3)
    Finisher Tier 3 skillchain: +4 point (5)

It would be nice if the quested and nyzul weaponskills would list their current weaponskill count after performing a valid WS, like the magian trials do... *hint*SE*hint*
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Try trading it in anyway. Sometimes the latent doesn't break even if you have enough points.

Been an issue since forever.
    (0)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Just confirming... by breaking a latent this doesnt mean the "Latent effect:" etc disappears from the weapon..

It simply means that you no longer get the HP+20 bonus.

Try <hp > with and without the weapon equipped. Check to see if your max HP is different. If it is not, then the latent is broken.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Keep in mind that not all monsters are valid targets for WS, even if they appear to give experience. Abyssea NMs don't count, for instance.

Any weaponskill on valid target: 1 point
    Finisher Tier 1 skillchain: +1 point (2)
    Finisher Tier 2 skillchain: +2 point (3)
    Finisher Tier 3 skillchain: +4 point (5)

It would be nice if the quested and nyzul weaponskills would list their current weaponskill count after performing a valid WS, like the magian trials do... *hint*SE*hint*
    I TOTALLY AGREE. Have done more than 3000 WS and latent effect hasn't left. Need to show WS points!!! Wake up SE.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    3000 WS would break any weapon (assuming they were done on regular exp mobs), except for a nyzul weapon if you are below floor 40 I believe. (I got Stringing Pummel at ~3600 points, but PUP can self-SC light to speed it up

Trade the weapon to the NPC. If that doesn't complete it, talk a few times to it. Chances are you accidentally canceled the quest, requiring you to drop your current weapon and start over.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alderin View Post
    Just confirming... by breaking a latent this doesnt mean the "Latent effect:" etc disappears from the weapon..

It simply means that you no longer get the HP+20 bonus.

Try <hp > with and without the weapon equipped. Check to see if your max HP is different. If it is not, then the latent is broken.
    This, very much this. Check your hp and your elemental resistance stats (each WSNM weapon gives +10 to 2 different elements) with and without weapon equipped. Nothing on the weapon itself will change, the description of the stats will still be there no matter how many weaponskills you do with it.
    (0)