Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

[dev1004] Corsair’s Phantom Roll Ability

• [dev1004] Corsair’s Phantom Roll Ability

We are considering changing the effect granted by the Phantom Roll ability when a player rolls a total of 11.
    We would love to get some feedback on this change from all you corsairs. If you have any great ideas, don’t hesitate to post them and discuss them. This feedback will be taken into account when we make our decision.
    For these requests, you don’t have to take the current effects of rolling 11 into account. We’d like your ideas on what you think would be cool when hitting that 11.
    I'd like 11 to add a better effect even without the job in party.

Also I think theirs more of a concern about bullet stock and the absurd prices on them. Please add more alternatives for cheaper production
    (2)
    Last edited by PizzaTheHut; 03-10-2011 at 05:20 AM.

The REAL WHM AF

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaTheHut View Post
    I'd like 11 to add a better effect even without the job in party.
    I actually think this is a great idea, but it would not add any benefit for the 11 if the job is already in the party.
    (0)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I thought the extended time duration added to rolls when they were 11 was nice. Maybe adding attribute bonuses to rolls like STR+ to chaos roll when it's 11 along with the attack boost or wizard's roll giving INT+ along with MAB boost.
    (1)

I seem to be one of the "only" people out there who actually loved the fact that 11 rolls had doubled duration. It was no problem at all to just skip a roll in the rotation, and being able to keep top-tier buffs on my party and myself longer was awesome.

If I had to suggest something that wasn't doubled duration, making all 11 rolls use their Job-In-Party bonus numbers may be viable, as mentioned above. But really, I want my doubled duration back.

In general, the biggest things I'd like to see done to COR are the introduction of a Tenuto-esque ability, allowing us to keep our rolls on ourselves, and the increased availability of materials for Oberon's Bullets and/or new bullets that aren't impossible to make. More often than not, the rolls I give to my party members are not the rolls I'd ideally want on myself. Evoker's Roll does nothing for a COR/SAM, the same is true for Fighter's Roll, etc.
    (2)

I'm not a COR, but as a side-bonus a Jackpot fireworks going off with a rain of coins and giving a random amount of gil (not too much to keep RMT from abusing it) to the party would be fun.

(Obviously a gameplay-related tweak would be better, but this is all I could come up with.)
    (1)
    Aliekber of Carbamesh
    RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN

Player
    How about if an XI roll reset your phantom roll reuse timer to 0. Or perhaps if it would reset your Snake Eyes reuse timer to 0 (which is an optional merit but one of the most useful and serves as a reward for hitting the best possible roll number).
    (0)

Character
    Fodder
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    [dev1004] If a Corsair rolls an 11, possibly:

1. For the duration of the "11" roll effect, apply the opposite effect of the roll to any monster the cor uses quick draw and/or a ranged weaponskill on as an added effect. For example, an 11 Tactician's Roll might impart a -4TP/tic debuff on the monster for some period of time after the Corsair uses quick draw on it.

2. For 1 minute after the 11 roll, enable a job ability that will impart a random buff or debuff, identical to or similar to Goblin Dice. For example, a Corsair rolls an 11, uses "Goblin Dice", and due to good or bad luck, the party and/or all monsters in range receive Benediction. Imagine the delightful chaos this would cause. Any Corsair worth his salt would find a game of chance of this magnitude all but impossible to pass by!
    (1)

I would cry if my 11 Fighter's Roll caused Pandemonium Warden to Benediction
    (1)

Here's a couple of quick thoughts I had on the subject:

1) Whenever a roll lands on XI, change the graphic effect to something flashy that stands out. Make us feel like we just won the lottery or at least a big hand in poker. Something like the word LUCKY! in big bold letters appears complete with streamers and maybe even a little jingle over the COR who rolled. This also lets the other party members know that they are now superpowered!

2) The COR receives a self-buff called "Jackpot" for X amount of time (at least 1:00, up to the complete duration of the XI roll). This buff gives a very potent Recycle (50% or MORE?) for bullets as well as Quick Draw cards. This would encourage us to gamble for an XI if it means we can spam bullets and cards without busting the bank. Just a nice little windfall for being lucky, which is what the job's all about right? At least it gives an incentive to aim high and not sit on a VI or VII out of fear. Heck, it might even make some rethink about putting more merits into Winning Streak if it would extend the time bonus of Jackpot. Also, this would be a (small) first step SE could take into lowering the overall expense playing COR (devs, read: it's ridiculous how much we spend to be good at this job).
    (2)
    Last edited by MuzakFan; 03-10-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    For those under an 11 roll: Greatly increase the chance to see all of the "occasional" features of Job Traits, Armor and Weapons.

Examples: Occasionally resists (status effect), occasionally ranged attacks or ninjutsu do not consume tools/ammo, occasionally attacks (number of times), occasionally absorbs damage, occasionally reduces MP cost, occasionally adds kick attacks, occasionally intimidates monster family, occasionally conserves TP.
    (1)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast