Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pussnboootz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    In my opinion it's not really changes the effect of rolls or XIs that COR needs, those are pretty much good as they are. What would REALLY be useful is an ability like BRD's Pianissimo. When there's 5 DDs an 1 mage in a party, and you're all pumped up to DD but the mage needs his buffs too, you have to go without DD buffs part of the time because it's impossible to just target a roll at a single person. It would be far more beneficial than ANY buff you could EVER give to an XI roll to give us a job ability that allows us to periodically target a single person with a roll.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mara; 03-11-2011 at 02:37 AM. Reason: typos

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Like i wanted to say, what the point to have a megabuff when it could be dispelled right away.
    Even the phantom roll by itself is useless vs dispelga (spell or JA).
    (0)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't list any ideas they had in mind, while it seems that 11 giving the full effect even if main job isn't in party could work, there still needs to be a boost that would take effect when the job is in the party. With that in mind I thought of something that could be neat but at the same time prolly to complex to work right. Basically when you hit 11 you gain an additional effect if the proper job is in the party.
    Cor= xp, skill rate increase
    NIN= Evasion, parry/guard/shield rate increase
    RNG= Acc/RACC, increase chance of interrupting targets casting
    DRK= ATT, ignore x% defense
    BLU= Mag Def, Reduce magic dmg taken
    WHM= MP recovered while healing, Cure potency+
    PUP= pet ACC, pet: increase chance of interrupting targets casting
    BRD= spell interruption rate down, Quick Cast
    MNK= subtle blow, Counter rate up
    BST= Pet ATT, pet: ignore x% defense
    SAM= Store TP, Conserve TP
    SMN= Refresh, MP restored to Full
    THF= Crit hit rate, Increase Crit dmg
    RDM= Mag ACC, DMGing spells have chance to cause terror
    WAR= DA, Occasionaly deal double dmg
    DRG= Pet: MATT/ACC, pet: magic crit hit dmg+
    PLD= Spikes, absorb x% dmg taken
    BLM= MATT, Magic crit hit dmg +
    DNC= Regen, HP Restored to Full
    SCH= Conserve MP, No cost(chance to reduces MP cost to 0)

It might be to intricate to actually implement but if 11 gave an additional effect on top of the original one I think it would add more strategy to the corsair. Another thing that could be added is possibly a 50+ ability that allows the additional 11 effect to go off even if the main job isn't in the pty but put it on a 10 min recast timer.
    I like this Idea, but some additional effects are a bit too OP. My suggestion would be to play a bit around with the job-traits/job specific abilitys of the job the roll is meant for.

Additional Effects for a XI roll:

Corsair's Roll: Skill up rate greatly increased for Party members(this one is actually very fine)
    Ninja Roll: Enhances Dual Wield Ability (Jobs with no native dual wield gain the effect of dualwield)
    Hunter's Roll: Occasionally adds a strong Bind effect to physical attacks. (15% chance)
    Chaos Roll: Occasionally adds a Stun effect to physical attacks.(15% chance)
    Magus's Roll: Occasionally intimidates monsters (all kind of mobs) (~10%).
    Healer's Roll: Cure Potency + (this one was fine too) (~15%)
    Puppet Roll: Greatly enhances Resist Amnesia (on players and pets) (~80% resist chance)
    Choral Roll: Greatly enhances Resist Silence (~80% resist chance)
    Monks Roll: Greatly enhances Counter Job trait (jobs with no Counter job trait, gain the Counter job trait) (~10%)
    Beast Roll: Greatly enhances BST Killer job traits (players + pet), notice this one is quiet stronger then the BLU one since it doesnt effect all mobs (~20% intimidation)
    Samurai Roll: Greatly enhances Zanshin effect
    Evoker's Roll: Greatly enhances Maximum MP (+20% max MP)
    Rogue's Roll: Enhances Triple Attack Trait (~ 10%)
    Warlock's Roll: Occasionaly grants "Quick Magic" effect (instant spell casting + no recast) (~10%)
    Fighter's Roll: Enhances critical hit dmg
    Drachen Roll: Actions to monster generate occasionally no Enmity
    Gallant's Roll: Physical attacks occasionaly blind the enemy (15% chance, pritty strong blind, but not like flash and only lasts a few seconds, does not overwrite a blind debuff on the mob)
    Wizard's Roll: Magic Crit dmg+
    Dancer's Roll: Conserve TP +
    Scholar's Roll: Occasionally Spells gain the AoE, this applys to all spells that are either buffs or only castable to oneself. This does NOT take effect on spells that are cast on mobs or are allready AoE. example: Utsusemi: ichi/ni might be AoEd with this, while Slow wont become a slowga. This effects ALL spells: Ninjutsu, Blue magic, Cures etc.

Those are some littel bonuses, but dont seem too much brocken imho.
    (0)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I agree with some other posts and would like for an 11 phantom roll to allow a 3rd slot for Phantom Roll buffs.

Honestly, I think the rolls need to be made stronger if the game is going to continue with play similar to the Abyssea Atma's. If that is truly the case, cor itself may need other improvements.

I don't get people crying over bullet cost, Leaden Salute and a frick ton of Mag Acc and Mab gear now available to cor, as well as triple shot, let you do a /mage Leaden Salute build that actually gains TP and dd's without the use of melee/shooting as much/joytoy tp. You can macro stronger bullets (without spending them) on Quickdraws and can macro bronze bullets for Leaden (without affecting its dmg..)
    (0)
    Last edited by Eradius; 03-11-2011 at 06:50 AM.

[dev1004] Corsair’s Phantom Roll Ability

I rather enjoyed the longer duration of XI rolls for the few months we had it, but I think it would be better if 10 minutes was added to total duration of an individual corsair's phantom roll instead of making every XI roll ten minutes. This is so corsair category 2 merits aren't wasted. Adding an extra 5 minutes to a fully buffed phantom roll would be reasonable as well so with merits and gear your XI rolls would be at 12+ minutes instead of 10.

While I like the bonuses most have posted especially resetting Phantom Roll recast to 0 for an XI, I feel some of them could be added to the roll effects without being an XI bonus. As a reward for rolling an XI (along with the prolonged buff duration) I was thinking the corsair could get a personal buff that enables crazy damage! The corsair hits an XI roll and the level up animation without the "Level Up" text and the battle chat reads "<t> is on fire!!" At this point the corsair's critical hit rate, recycle effect, snap shot, attack speed, store TP, (ranged)accuracy or evasion are enhanced. With each 11 roll a new buff could be added but if I had it my way all parameters would be enhanced with one 11.
    (0)

Possibly having an effect like Random Deal take action after rolling an 11 would not be bad. Increased durations wouldn't be bad, either. I'm sure most would settle for a very watered down version of the Wild Card effect when hitting an 11, such as small gain of TP and the like to everyone in range. If we can make it greedy for CORs, I wouldn't mind having some expertise effect unlocked for the duration that would give me a chance to not consume ammo on cards or bullets.

Though, honestly, the effects of 11 rolls really could use some kind of buff. Usually the difference between the Lucky and 11 are pretty small for how rare it is to get lucky enough to even hit the 11 without manipulation of the merit abilities, and don't warrant the risk of a Bust. Hitting an 11 currently feels more like "Hey, that's not bad", compared to what should be "Woo! This is a great moment to have me in your party!"

Basically, COR feels a little weak in the buffs department compared to your run of the mill BRD, which is a real shame. There's always about 10 BRD seeking compared to the 1 COR on my server, and since COR definetely costs a good bit of Gil to level up compared to BRD, the reward of 11 doesn't feel as great as it should be? Take Bolter's Roll, for example. Hitting an 11 there will put you on par with Chocobo's Mazurka from BRD, which is a song they can cast often. Hitting the lucky number on that roll will grant you 12% movement, which is Raptor Mazurka level, which is another song BRD has access to early on and can cast as needed with the guaranteed effect. COR rolls are usually a %, but as the levels increase, BRD gains stronger versions of their songs that keep them comparable to the lucky or usually 11 version of the rolls a COR has access to.

Just some food for thought in the hopes that SE will possibly review some things.
    (0)

Character
    Loona
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    My ill-informed suggestion, as I haven't played COR yet (the cost is intimidating):

If the corresponding job isn't present, rolling 11 acts as if it were.

If it is, +11 to all stats.
    (0)

Player
    How about these for starters:

1) Duration of 11 roll lasts twice as long as any other number.
    --- Nothing pissed me off more than removing this, and nothing enticed me to push toward an 11 as much as this did.

2) 11 roll resets a single <related> job ability recast timer (random chance).
    --- Corsair's roll of 11 randomly reset quick draw timer, if it's waiting on recast. The timer reset would never happen for any other abilities. Other job abilities this could randomly happen for might be:
    Sharpshot/Double Shot (rng)
    Warcry (war)
    Focus (mnk)
    Flash recast (pld)
    Aspir recast (blm)
    Refresh/Refresh II (rdm)
    Erase (whm)
    Accomplice (thf)
    Blood Pact: Rage or Ward (smn)
    Drain/Drain II (drk)
    Light Arts/Dark Arts (sch)
    Utsusemi recast (nin)
    Third Eye (sam)
    Repair (pup)
    Burst Affinity (blu)
    Curing Waltz/Curing Waltz II/Curing Waltz III (dnc)
    Lullaby Recast (brd)
    Call Beast (bst)
    Jump/High Jump (drg)

The recast timer reset would possibly happen only for the highest level JA on the member receiving the roll, based on the level of the Corsair.
    Ex: Lv 30 Corsair hits 11 on Ninja roll, and Ninja in party is level 85, the only Utsusemi recast that might be reset is Utsusemi :ichi (and only if that spell is waiting on recast). Otherwise, if both the Corsair and Ninja are Lv 40, it might reset Utsusemi: Ni.

3) Where job rolls apply, a combat or magic skill bonus of +11 will sometimes happen for all party members, for the duration of the roll.
    Enfeeble magic skill+11 (rdm roll)
    Shield Skill+11 (pld roll)
    etc.
    (0)

Character
    Arkley
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think a bonus for the whole party, and little something extra for the COR is the way to go.

My suggestion: XI rolls last 10 minutes, and become a separate buff effect - no longer part of the 2 roll limit. There's no limit to the number of XI roll effects the COR can have up at once, which will push CORs to really shoot for XIs.
    For most CORs, this won't make much difference. It'll just be a really nice bonus that pops up from time to time. But for those who really try their luck, it could produce some incredible results. It'd be nice to see this, because it's such a simple addition, and it's a much more original alteration than just slapping additional buffs on all the rolls.

Lastly, if the COR hits an XI, the COR will receive an 11% bonus to Quick Draw damage until the "Double-Up Chance" effect wears off.
    (0)

Character
    Arcas
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I like the idea of the rolls adding to specific stats when 11's are active, but the ratio of stats to rolls is a little uneven, I however think it'd be interesting to have rolls add certain job traits that are otherwise only available to the particular job that the roll belongs to. For example, Warrior could give the Fencer trait, or Monk could add a Counter effect to the roll. Thief could in theory add another level of Treasure Hunter (wishful thinking, right?!). That only leaves out the current new rolls that don't exactly follow the job system anymore.
    Personally I find that an overall buff to corsairs rolls would be nice, while bard has been getting newer and more potent songs corsair has been kind of falling behind, particularly when it comes to Evokers Roll. With Refresh II and Ballad III, Evokers roll has fallen far behind in it's refreshing abilities when at one point it was top of it's class as the only job able to provide a (possible) 5 tic refresh, minus a relic bard. I personally would go for an overall potency boost to rolls than something tacked onto just the 11's.
    (0)

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast