Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Allslove
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Here is my suggestions on what to do for an XI Roll.

1) An XI Roll immediately becomes a spell-type buff, and therefore will not take up 1 of the 2 positions for a Roll-Type buff.
    2) The above would then open up the ability to have 3 or 4 COR buffs on the party and yourself. The limitation could be 2 XI Buffs and 2 Roll Buffs, regardless if the 2 bonus rolls were XI.
    3) For the XI Rolls that become spell-type buffs, double the duration.

Making an XI roll become a spell-type buff, there could be an ability similar to Double Up involved. Let's call it "Butter" (because you're on a roll. Get it? >.>), at least for this explanation. So you Double-Up a few times, hit the XI, then hit the Butter command and that roll becomes the new spell-type double-timed buff. This command will allow the COR to have greater control over what gets buffed.
    (1)
    Last edited by Frapp; 03-10-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: clarification

C'mon SE, do you really think you can fix COR with a buff to XI's? Every body is already super powered.

My idea is this:
    Big Jackpot animation followed by 1k gil reward. Would at least make it fun.

or XI roll would make the next spell cast or WS proc yellow or red or would allow WS and spells to proc even if NM casting or TP move.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    [dev1004]

Darnit! Frapp took my idea lol !! Any 11 roll would stay up for double duration (why did we lose that anyway?), it would also allowing an additional roll to be put in place on the party. This effect would have no limitations to the number of rolls able to be put on a party. However there would be a "double or nothing" clause added. Meaning that if u busted on a successive roll after an 11 was obtained it would also bust the 11 rolls active on the party. No need to use a job ability to make it that way, it just happens. Although, I really loved the butter pun :P rofl

Here's the scenario:
    Chaos Roll hits 11 - duration 10 minutes and allows for one additional roll
    Fighter's Roll stops at 10 - normal duration (snake eye is waiting on recast)
    Hunter's Roll also hits 11 - duration 10 minutes and allows for one additional roll
    At this point u can still roll a fourth roll so u go for it.
    Tactician's Roll goes and hits a 3 > Double up for 3 more (total 6) > double up for 6 and your bust!!
    <Party Members lose the effects of Chaos Roll, Hunter's Roll and of course Tactician's Roll>
    Fighter's Roll would still be in effect because it was not an 11 and Cor would suffer the normal penalty of busting tactician's OR all three busts effects could be in effect in you (SE) feels it needs more balance.

Could be very powerful but also very limited, because although getting so many 11's in a row is possible, its not very likely. And having the possibility of losing all 11 rolls would very much intimidate players from pushing themselves over the limits.

I like the idea of added bonuses to 11's as well but I miss the extended duration the most.

Lucky 11 extra animation would be very very cool as most players (other then fellow COR's ever even bother to look at the # value on a phantom roll)

A single target phantom roll JA would be simply amazing. Make it Much like Pianissimo for BRD's. Call it "One-sided" so we can actually utilize rolls like Gallant's/Evoker's/Ninja's on just our tanks, without taking away from the Chaos/Hunter's on DD. Not to mention the mages lol.

o.O when a COR rolls an 11 they get a few (1-5) of the currently equipped bullets added to their stack or inventory. Its not gil, which i can so foresee being abused - even at 1K per 11 >< but its still an added bonus lol. Heck make it work for any stack-able ammo slot for the party.

I would really like to see the value of my roll displayed on the dies where all our buffs are. Nothing major but would still be cool. Much like the shadows remain for utsusemi. (side note - please add counters for aquaveil and blink - chances of being hit and shadows remaining)

A job ability to roll for the whole alliance would be probably overpowered so put a 10 minute timer on it and give BRD's the same thing too lol (kinda off subject)- but it could make any 11 roll active on whole alliance too!

Really these ideas in the thread are very good! I hope SE picks something cool for us!!
    (0)
    Last edited by Tazz; 03-12-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: adding dev tag

Character
    Arshetat
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    I like the idea of giving an 11 additional traits.

Corsair's Roll - Occasionally quadruple experience earned.
    Ninja's Roll - Occasionally "Perfect Dodges" but it also dodges range attacks as well.
    Hunter's Roll - Occasionally deals double damage based on accuracy.
    Chaos Roll - Occasionally deals triple damage based on attack
    Magus's Roll - Occasionally nullifies magical damage and effects.
    Healer's Roll - Occasionally automatically restores a percentage of your magical points while resting over time.
    Puppet Roll - Increases critical hit rate for pets.
    Choral Roll - Occasionally absorb damage.
    Monk's Roll - Drain Tactical Points from the enemy.
    Beast Roll - Grants Double Attack and occasionally Triple Attack for pets.
    Samurai Roll - Conserve Tactical Point and occasionally Tactical Points cost zero.
    Evoker's Roll - Occasionally automatically restores a percentage of magical points back based on max magical points over time. (Does not work while resting)
    Rogue's Roll - Increase critical hit damage.
    Warlock's Roll - Occasionally grants magical points back when casting a spell based on the spell cost.
    Fighter's Roll - Occasional deals quadruple damage when you double attack.
    Drachen Roll - Deals 25% of magical damage dealt and occasionally deals two times damage of max magical damage dealt from pets.
    Gallant's Roll - Occasionally nullifies physical damage.
    Wizard's Roll - Increases magical critical hit rate and magical critical hit damage.
    Dancer's Roll -Enhances "Cure" potency and "Waltz" potency; Occasionally automatically restores a percentage of health points based on max health points.
    Scholar's Roll - Occasionally spells will cost zero magic points.
    Bolter's Roll - Don't lose Bolter's Roll effect when getting aggression, getting hit, or attacking a foe.
    Caster's Roll - Occasionally instant cast spells.
    Courser's Roll - Occasionally range attacks will "Tripe Shot".
    Blitzer's Roll - Occasionally the next attack will grant instant attack.
    Tactician's Roll - Gives Tactical Point bonus of 100 and occasionally 200 on weapon skills.
    Allies' Roll - Occasionally deals double damage on weapon skills.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zelgadis; 03-10-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Character
    Dais
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    [dev1004]

I love the Ideas in this thread. I really like how creative the recycle idea on the first page is but bullet expense is it's own issue and I think we deserve it to to be resolved on it's own not tucked away into the 11 bonus.
    My own Idea is for whoever is in exp range of you in your party to get 25A% of their job ability recasts taken off wen you hit 11. For example: if I hit 11 on my caster's roll on the mages the thief's waiting recast on sneak attack drops from 44 seconds to 33 seconds and the red mage's 5 minute recast hes desperately waiting on convert drops down to 3:45.
    2hour ability timers would be immune to this effect.
    Alternatively, since a corsair hitting 11 is such a lucky fellow, how about adding a treasure hunter +2 and gilfinder +2 effect to his lucky roll. This one is a bit odd but if your feeling lucky why not try to break the bank?
    (0)

Don't have any views on Rolling an 11, but I always throught it would be cool to have a bonus if you managed to double up 4 times without busting. Just like getting a 5-card trick in black jack! (Roll + 4 double ups)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    How about if an XI roll reset your phantom roll reuse timer to 0.
    I like this idea alot.
    (0)

Character
    Maginmartin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    [dev1004] Corsair’s Phantom Roll Ability
    Quote Originally Posted by Maginmartin View Post
    [dev1004]

How about a strong boost to our rolls after we get to a certain level... I know it's off topic, but our buffs are comparitively weaker to BRD buffs, so perhaps when we reach level 91, a Job trait to boost rolls over all.

Now for a roll of 11, why not give a "mini" 2hr effect if it's a roll that corresponds to a job!

I.e.
    WAR roll on 11 - 10~20 seconds of Mighty Strikes
    PLD roll on 11 - 10 seconds of invincable
    BLU roll on 11 - 10 seconds off 0 damage from magic

Things like that... overpowered in long doses, but in 10 second bursts, could be very nice!
    Taken from the other discussion thread
    (1)

Character
    Bubblebath
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    [dev 1004]
    I would like for an 11 to result in the ability to have 3 rolls up at one time per person affected with the 11 roll that lasts until the 11 roll wears off.
    (0)

Windurst, but currently overseas working in Bastok
    Character
    Snoni
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think I got a better XI roll enhancement. First off keep the enhancements the same, but once corsairs roll an XI they will be given three options: High or Low or Stay. If the corsair decides to stay at XI he/she will get the full benefits of the roll, but during the Double-Up period you can actually double up your bonuses if you guess High or Low from a number of two of coins to Ace of Batons. So if the corsair decides to push it further a card will appear and he/she will guess if the next card will be a higher or lower; just like those blue pyxis. If you win, you have another choice to quadruple your bonuses or stay. The duration will double as well to of 10 then 20 mins maximum, but if you bust the reverse is the same and everyone will get the detrimental effects of a bust. Players can risk themselves by being in AOE range of Corsair's roll. This is what true gambling is about. Here's an example. A corsair rolls a Tacticians roll at XI which gives 4TP/tick. A card pops up which is a six of batons asking if you woudl like to double up by guessing if the next card is high or low. So he guesses high and next card pops up which is a King of Coins and has the option to either continue or stay with 8TP/tick and 10 mins. Thinkign it is a good chance he continues and picks low but the next card he gets is a Ace of Cups! Now he busts with a an effect of -16TP/tick and 20 mins of bust duration! All his PT members felt the effects of it and are pissed. Also to add that Fold doesn't work for risk takers cause as the famous corsair, Ironclaw Safharg said "Battlefield is much like a game. You must know your enemy. formulate a strategy, and pray to the god of providence. The only difference is that you're wagering your life. It's one game where folding is not an option." Basically, you bust, you die.
    (0)
    Anyone want to ballista?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast