Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalorian View Post
    Next lets try and work on better draw distance settings for environment, mobs, and objects like the trees that change shape and texture as you get closer to them. That would make the world so much more immersive accompanied by the new res settings. Could make some really nice screenshots with something like that too ^^.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GTtOh_t7-Q
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

It would also be nice if new parts of terrain and foilage in addition to showing up at a greater distance, maybe also had a sort of fade-in. It looks a bit bad when trees just pop up instantly out of nowhere as you're moving across the fields.
    (1)

Player
    Sadly for any updates like FPS or visuals they would have to drop ps2 support and we all know the answer to that.
    (0)

False. There already is a cutscene in the game that runs at 60 fps.
    (0)

Player
    Lol are you talking about the opening because that doesn't count that is not in game graphics.
    (0)

Character
    Windblade
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    The human eye can't precive higher then like 30. lol
    Uh, maybe YOUR eyes can't, but if I can see the flicker on my monitor at 70 Hz, then I am perceiving at least 70 frames per second. I run my monitor at 85Hz (1600 x 1200) and I can still barely see a little flicker. Furthermore, I can most definitely tell the difference in a game between 30 frames per second and 60 frames per second.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
    Lol are you talking about the opening because that doesn't count that is not in game graphics.
    Several WotG CS are 60 capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Windblade View Post
    Uh, maybe YOUR eyes can't, but if I can see the flicker on my monitor at 70 Hz, then I am perceiving at least 70 frames per second. I run my monitor at 85Hz (1600 x 1200) and I can still barely see a little flicker. Furthermore, I can most definitely tell the difference in a game between 30 frames per second and 60 frames per second.
    The human eye can distinguish far higher, up to 100 FPS and maybe more depending on the person. From 15 FPS or so we perceive images as "in motion", which is something entirely different.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
    No, I am not talking about the opening cut scene, but thanks for assuming I can't tell pre-rendered videos from FF11's ingame graphics.

I was talking about a CoP cutscene actually, but as Arcon pointed out, there are apparently several WotG ones as well.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Isn't Windows 8 dropping what FFXI needs to run, I think if anything would make then drop PS2 then that'd be it.
    (0)

10. 11-12-2011 01:47 PM

The humon eye can red 60 or 75 frames per second i think and yes i dont see why they cant update the graphics on PC only for us and if they wonna drop the ps2 they at least make a good HD version for the PS3 ppl they can switch. I'm pretty sure if somebody has a ps2 they have or well be getting ps3 if anything for the blu ray player~
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast