A lot.
    (0)

Character
    Altrage
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    yeah SE, why the hell did you even open the floor to suggestions that are/were a million times better than what you just implemented...

Oh and thanks for giving the ONLY new ability this update to SAMURAI...who doesn't need a F***ing thing...my god wtf you tards...

/rantsoninthecorner
    (0)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I can see this being useful if you're giving different rolls to different parts of the party -for example score XI on Chaos Roll, Roll a Blitzer's Roll, then run up to your mages and throw out a Evoker's Roll. As it means people get the necessary rolls quicker if you get an XI. I'll admit I was hoping for one of the suggestions even though I am flattered we were considered for the update.

Having a spare slot for bust is a bonus, but not a big one, particularly as I don't bust frequently enough for me to care. Normally if it's important I will suck my gut and leave a 6 at 6 and not risk a bust. I suppose it does mean if I get an XI and bust on the next roll I can re-use that roll, it'll just be weaker with the buff. But I don't see that happening frequently enough to matter.

But I guess I shall see and I'll keep an open mind about the change.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    nothing great really at all. yes it will allow us to cluster our 11's better but it will also mess with the flow of buffing the different roles (melee/mages) Seems like a near waste personally. It might encourage more people to hit 11's even after hitting one since no bust penalty but nothing great at all. very lame overall especially compared to the so many good ideas purposed by the dev forum on phantom rolls.... sad face for sure. /cry
    (0)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    This thing messes up cycles. Goodbye 4-rolls rotation...
    (0)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I am disappointed they didn't really take the feedback seriously. There were lots of great suggestions about how the XI rolls could have buffed parties more leading to CORs being wanted again. The suggestions of added attributes or added effects were all suggested for example, but instead it seems they chose to do it their way. I was really hoping the XI roll update was going to get me to play my COR more, but after this...and I quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein View Post
    The team rather liked the notion of having bonus effects being granted to both the corsair and party members. They are looking into implementation as we speak, and will perform tests to ensure that the corsair’s true essence is not compromised in the course of change. Due attention will also be given to prevent an overreliance on rolling an 11.
    So much for that.

EDIT: "Allowing three phantom rolls to be in effect at the same time, adding an ability that increases the effectiveness of phantom rolls, and revising the potency of certain rolls" has some potential to make up for this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vagrua; 07-15-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Character
    Capnspike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I tried to give the benefit of the doubt that our suggestions would be taken seriously, but in almost a year of having our 10-11 minute XI timers taken away this is what we get...

Words can not express the disappointment effectively. This is a slap in the face and an extreme insult. Instead of rolls lasting longer, we can roll faster... Unless I gain the ability to roll an XI, try for another XI, but bust, then roll again in the 30 second wait period, and that roll OVERWRITES the bust, this is a huge insult to the job...

With nothing on the horizon for corsairs... not even cheaper ammo supply, it's almost like SE wants people to stop playing cor, and either play brd or rang.... err.. sam

Dear SE,
    Bullets are STILL (overpriced) expensive and I still have NO reason to push for an XI... even after your update.

*Edit*
    So it doesn't overwrite busts, however it forces a bust to not cause bust status... Interesting... permanent 11's ... I hate how you've "solved" our bullet problem... we'll be stuck rolling forever... lol
    (1)
    Last edited by Capn; 07-13-2011 at 01:35 PM.