Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anyone else a little excited at the new Attachments?!

They're not GAMEBREAKING but....

Barrier Module An earth-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Increases chance of blocking with shield
    Earth Maneuver: Adds Shield Mastery and shortens Shield Bash recast time

Percolator A water-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Increases skill gain rate

Vivi Valve A light-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Increases "Cure" potency

Disruptor A darkness-based automaton attachment.
    Functionality: Use "Dispel"

They all have their uses. I know the first complain will be "Why didnt they just add Dispel to xxx automatons spell list?". But the Cure Potency one is really nice, the Increase Skill Gain rate is like a gift from god to people like me, and the Shield Blocking seems nice too, Considering Shield Mastery gives bonus TP when blocking.

Hopefully its a decent base rate, since they have no "Shield Skill". Hopefully you'll be able to get these as easily as the others.

I know i'll be doing ENM60 when i log on, Thats how i got the others (Didnt have any Imperial Standing lol ;
    (3)

Character
    Darkneku
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    I'm really glad I checked here before I posted my topic. You beat me to it. I'll just copy and paste what I was gonna say.

I wont lie, the new attachments did surprise me when I saw them included in this version update. Here are my thoughts on them.

Barrier Module: This seems like it could be slightly useful in some situations. We'll have to see how often our VE will now use shield bash and block with his shield, but this could be useful if your puppet is tanking something. Seems purely situational.

Percolator: Best new attachment, hands down. Not for battle uses, but for those who don't have their puppets skilled up yet, this is a godsend. We'll get more skill ups with this. We'll have to see if the increase in skill ups is really significant though.

Vivi Valve: More cure potency, very curious about this one. It seems a bit redundant considering I am usually fully healed when my puppet throws me a cure 6, but that's just me. It could have some uses.

Disruptor: Dispel. This one looks very interesting. I'm thinking its gonna be like flashbulb, as in if you use dark maneuver, your puppet will just throw out dispel on the enemy. Battle wise this is probably the most useful attachment out of these new ones.

Overall I know I'm getting Percolator and Disruptor for sure. I'll have to try out the other two later. Pretty satisfied though.
    (2)

Character
    Etri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't think "excited" covers it... I'm glad that SE is finally giving PUPs some loving attention

My only issue is I cringe at the thought of where SE might place these...
    (1)

Vivi Valve i expect to be most useful in Abyssea, where your HP Is really high (Well, Non-tarus >____>).

The Shield Block one I'm excited for because when i go to skill up, I sick my Automaton on a mob and afk (I put on Regen atmas since i dont have alot of PDT ones :X!). So this will help is longevity.

That and the skill up one, The dispel one seems nice too though D:!

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    I don't think "excited" covers it... I'm glad that SE is finally giving PUPs some loving attention

My only issue is I cringe at the thought of where SE might place these...
    Last time they added them to ENM60 and gave them to Sanction Guards. I'm sure this will be the same as there were no new battlefields added.

And whats not to be excited about? I means its kinda cynical to not enjoy getting something >_>, We've gotten alot, new Weaponskills and 8 new attachments within the last 2 updates alone. Stack those with Stringing Pummel and/or Victory smite and a PUP is a fearsome DD.

I just wish they'd increase Maneuver Duration -.-
    (2)

Character
    Etri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Vivi Valve i expect to be most useful in Abyssea, where your HP Is really high (Well, Non-tarus >____>).

The Shield Block one I'm excited for because when i go to skill up, I sick my Automaton on a mob and afk (I put on Regen atmas since i dont have alot of PDT ones :X!). So this will help is longevity.

That and the skill up one, The dispel one seems nice too though D:!

Last time they added them to ENM60 and gave them to Sanction Guards. I'm sure this will be the same as there were no new battlefields added.

And whats not to be excited about? I means its kinda cynical to not enjoy getting something >_>, We've gotten alot, new Weaponskills and 8 new attachments within the last 2 updates alone. Stack those with Stringing Pummel and/or Victory smite and a PUP is a fearsome DD.

I just wish they'd increase Maneuver Duration -.-
    I think I came across wrong, It's more like excited+2 just had that worry about them adding it to voidwatch t3 or something
    (1)

Character
    Darkneku
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    The dispel attachment doesn't seem useful for party purposes to be honest, since you will most likely have at least one person in your party capable of casting dispel, but solo wise it will be great. Unless you have some type of mage sub, this will be the only way we can dispel certain effects. That makes it pretty useful in my eyes.
    (0)

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Must Log on and BUY em ALL >.< Before some Crazy LOLGIMPEDRMT PUP Buys them , or at least hope a REAL PUP Buys them instead of a RMT >.< I Am doing the update while the Servers still down X.x

Wish me luck
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Well they said they making major changes to conquest npcs for equipment. I doubt they would put them on npcs for imperial standing. I bet they are conquest points.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    No one is having a chuckle they just realized that Attuner and Target marker has been broken on melee ws since they were implemented?

and i rather have dispel as an attachment I can used on all puppets instead of on only a mage frame
    (4)

Character
    Etri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    No one is having a chuckle they just realized that Attuner and Target marker has been broken on melee ws since they were implemented?

and i rather have dispel as an attachment I can used on all puppets instead of on only a mage frame
    amen to that!
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast