Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Zetonegi once posted Dawn Mulsum would heal our pets and it works like a charm. In fact it inspired me to finish leveling cooking. Guys can we please hold on the debate? I appreciate differing points of view but I'm more interested in folks posting their gems. Then individually we can judge the merits of those suggestions for ourselves. So please don't derail.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonii View Post
    Zetonegi once posted Dawn Mulsum would heal our pets and it works like a charm. In fact it inspired me to finish leveling cooking. Guys can we please hold on the debate? I appreciate differing points of view but I'm more interested in folks posting their gems. Then individually we can judge the merits of those suggestions for ourselves. So please don't derail.
    My apologies I wasn't trying to derail. It's true that the decision is yours alone, I was just pointing out a false claim. I gave him what he asked for and asked that he leave the debate alone as it's settled. I'll have to finish cooking and get Alchemy up too now carrying around 3-4 Dawn mulsums would be nice in case of emergencies.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Arciele
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think Dawn Mulsum is useful, because its the only item that you can use anywhere that recovers pet HP, but its also a very limited usefulness, because in a majority of situations where you'll be using SMN and tanking with avatar, or something to that extent, you'd be predisposed to having the avatar die and summoning a new one already.

In effect, unless your strat is specifically tailored to use Dawn Mulsum to begin with, you don't have much of a need to. I'd say its most useful in certain BC fights.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arciel View Post
    I think Dawn Mulsum is useful, because its the only item that you can use anywhere that recovers pet HP, but its also a very limited usefulness, because in a majority of situations where you'll be using SMN and tanking with avatar, or something to that extent, you'd be predisposed to having the avatar die and summoning a new one already.

In effect, unless your strat is specifically tailored to use Dawn Mulsum to begin with, you don't have much of a need to. I'd say its most useful in certain BC fights.
    It's also nice for those oh shi.... moments when a pets HP gets dropped really low and a mob starts a heavy TP move and you don't have enough time to run out to a safe distance
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonii View Post
    I was wondering if the long time summoners out there would like to share some of their tricks of the trade. For example, if you are planning to solo a mob in abyssea what do you do for procs? If you want to cover all the procs how do you handle that? What are some of the more uncommon things that work for you. I just wanted to make a topic where we can focus on networking with each other. I would like this one to stay positive and us not rain on a persons parade. One of the things I and I'm sure most smn do is get the light spirit to buff me if I'm Planning to solo something. Another thing I like to do is use Burning Circles to try out stuff. Anyone else care to share?
    Summoner is by far the safest way to solo in Abyssea. BST can get the job done much faster, but at a greater risk if their pet dies prematurely. DNC and THF also can get the job done granted that they can effectively shadowtank it, but a lucky break on the mob means a free NM to anyone wishing to pop/claim it. SMN doesn't even have to be in AoE range in order to do outstanding damage and they have unlimited disposable pets, including the fact that some NMs have only one element and therefor can not defeat the avatar of the stronger element (example: Sedna and Ramuh).

Ignore the extremeness viewpoints of Dallas, he is just a known troll here who advocates that he discovered the earth is round centuries before Columbus.
    (0)

Player
    There's nothing extreme about what I do. Take away the better gear, the faster damage, the better mp recovery, and the desire to be useful for more than a few select battles, and my SMN looks

just

yours.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    There's nothing extreme about what I do. Take away the better gear, the faster damage, the better mp recovery, and the desire to be useful for more than a few select battles, and my SMN looks

just

yours.
    Dude you were asked to leave the debate and only post here if you had an actual contribution, don't derail this.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

2. Not a melee

Player
    I'm sorry Razushu of Fenrir, Master of the 700 damage Full Swing. I laughed at your last dozen demands. You just aren't that funny anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Back on topic.... It's been said before...
    Crit/MAB Atmas > Refresh atmas.

Someone asked for the list of refresh gear:
    Owleyes (Idle only)
    Oneiros Grip
    Caller's Horn +2
    Moonshade Earring
    YYR/Pluviale/Dalm/Marduk Body (Idle only)
    Full Serpentes (Idle only)
    Stearc Subligar

With Horn+2, Moonshade, Stearc and capped Perp, you should be getting +5/tick with Garuda, Shiva etc out.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sargent; 07-13-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargent View Post
    Back on topic.... It's been said before...
    Crit/MAB Atmas > Refresh atmas.

Someone asked for the list of refresh gear:
    Owleyes (Idle only)
    Caller's Horn +2
    Moonshade Earring
    YYR/Pluviale/Dalm/Marduk Body (Idle only)
    Full Serpentes (Idle only)
    Stearc Subligar

With Horn+2, Moonshade, Stearc and capped Perp, you should be getting +5/tick with Garuda, Shiva etc out.
    Yeah I stopped using Refresh atmas for NM soloing etc. MP isn't an issue any more especially inside Abyssea even without refresh atmas temp items, current gearset and siphon sublimation/refresh(spell) are more than enough to go indefinitely
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

2. Not a melee

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast