Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5

How to fix DRKs lack of a critical hit WS.

Mortal Blow: Your next weapon skill may deal critical damage.

15 second recast, 120 second duration. Allows your next WS to deal critical damage and grants +50% to the critical hit rate of the first hit of your WS*. Can be stacked like boost. Each additional stacked effect adds +5% to the critical hit rate of the next WS.

*Without this restriction we would have Guillotine beating out Quietus and Torcleaver which is a situation that should not exist, so we restrict the enhanced crit rate to the first hit only, all additional hits may critical at the normal base rate.
    (0)

Character
    Zyla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    i'm not so good at math, but it sounds a lil OP'd. but that doesn't mean i care in the least, 150% fully approve this idea!
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    How to fix DRKs lack of a critical hit WS? Switch to WAR.

Torcleaver is stronger than guillotine and Quietus is usually better anyway not to mention the aftermath acully makes them both FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR better than guillotine.

either way it's the ol' abyssea unbalanced crit WS thingy and DRK is fine
    Yes other jobs with crit WS can beat DRK in abyssea but it's not like it's lacking DMG infact it's melee is insane with aftermath up.
    Outside abyssea DRK is really powerful and the difference between WAR MNK ... ect is not sorted by balance but by skill.
    (1)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Pretty much what was just said.
    (1)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I don't want a critical WS because thats all the job would get.

If you want to play WAR go play WAR, or MNK, or any of the other jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Dark has a critical WS called Vorpal Scythe for scythe and Power Slash for greatsword, they definatly aren't the ones people want, but really it only matters inside abyssea if your Weaponskill can crit so it's a non issue even if they we're to give Dark a new WS that can crit its gonna lose its luster once all content is outside abyssea and we don't have access to atmas.
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Personally I kinda like this idea, despite being a war/mnk/thf mix/ripoff. I think its outright wrong for wars to be so overpowered and able to hit 10k non brewed ws's, and I know everyones gonna say thats only in abyssea, well guess where we spend most of our time nowadays. Sure someday we may have better content outside of abyssea and RR but it still leads to the fact that even before abyssea war was overpowered, and has since been given even more power almost every update. I for one am tired of guillotine and how so many drks rely upon this wasted old ws like sams used to hold their haguns as they slept, its just sad. Really tho what I really want to see is an update to souleater that benefits single hit ws's over multi hit ws's because lets face it SE is never gonna give us new multihit ws's and so souleater ws's are gonna continue to be meh, unless you use guillotine. As for the crit idea, personally I've always thought it would be better to let all ws's crit, just the ones with crit mods tend to be more consistant with their crits, or better yet give us a good dark magic buff to increase our ws damage and lower our opponents defense with every swing or something like that.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    I think once we start doing things that don't require atmas we'll be asking for a WS that gives us utsusemi or defense.

*Edit* Maybe something like fencer for 2h at lv65 or make the ws stronger? I don't know...

Would i like an ability to insta-crit Torcleaver without going /thf? Yes because i've seen a war with who knows what atmas attached pull torcleaver numbers from some pick axe and ridill (i'm 90 skill below cap and missing 2 armors) but the problem goes deeper than that imho and needs to be fixed at the base. That or lower atma stats so our damage is far more noticeable in comparison to others.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fyreus; 07-12-2011 at 04:44 AM.

hey now thats a decent idea fyreus, a tp bonus or a damage bonus when using a 2hd weapon similar in nature to fencer

another thing that could be done is a ja that shares timer w/ SE that uses like 50% HP an adds onto the next strike(pretty sure ive seen this idea elsewhere) but on a shorter recast
    (0)
    Respect given turns into respect shown.

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    2h fencer what an epic suggestion, seriously I love it, and make sure its drk onry and lvls up from like lvl 50 on. Imho tho I I would love to see more magic enhancements too, I think mp is the way to go with drk, like for instance my suggestion of a spell that has a duration and it gradually lowers targets def per swing, or dreadspikes 2 return of pain, and no I'm not gonna bring up the other favorite idea on this forum.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast